2014 GT track key

RUN4CVR

Established Member
Dealer loaded the Track Cal Tuesday. Since then my air conditioner cycles cold to hot to cold. Fan speed is constant. Called Ford Racing this morning. They said they would call me back. Anyone else observe this?

Just curious are you running the A/C while going full throttle?

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
So...

IF Ford is making the power claim based on running the K&N panel filter...I wonder if the stock paper panel filter is worth a couple more hp over their advertised power claims.

califsp

Established Member
No not running AC at full throttle. By the way, the AC doen't cycle hot /cold when its on MAX AC. I'm just leaving it set there for now. True to their word, Ford Racing called me today. They are talking to the engineers and trying to figure it out. They said they would call me again.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I also called them today about my check engine(cats) light and also about the a/c. I was told to email them my issues and they will look into it.

TrackPack

Established Member
Is everyone who is running the tune getting the CEL For cats 0420 and 0430? Did Ford Racing give any reasoning as to why these are setting or if a new tune is in the works to resolve this issue?

I have the Track Cal Package sitting on my counter, however, i'm leary about putting the tune on for a lopey idle that puts the vehicle into limp mode after three days. Cat codes generally set for a reason unless someone messed up a parameter in this tune.

Are all these vehicles that are having issues TrackKey vehicles or Track Cal vehicles?

1FastFord

Established Member
I canceled my order waiting for them to fix these issues. I don't feel like dealing with problems.

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404176001.420909.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404176012.103751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404176032.939623.jpg
I got 3 dtc's. The p219b is for imbalance on air fuel and the other are cat codes. I called FRPP ant the guy said he had never heard of this and no patch in the works. I call BS but who am I right. We cleaned the mass air sensor just in case it had some residue oil from the K&N and reset the codes and so far so good. I drive 100 miles a day and smiling at every tragic light.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Enjoying my Track Cal. I drove all through the Sierra/Nevada mountains for the majority of last 3 days, burned through 3-4 tanks of fuel while still getting over 20MPG like before. It did obtain a check engine light with the Cat Efficiency codes on day 1, cleared them and they have not come back after 2 days and 2-3 tanks of gas. The car performs much better in all aspects, especially engine braking and throttle response. My only complaint is how long it takes for the lopey idle to activate. I also noticed if you "nearly stall" the car with the clutch as I did today on my way into the garage, it WILL shut off the lopey idle and require you to wait the 130 seconds before it kicks back in. There must be a minimum rpm requirement, or it must have thought I actually stalled the car. I'm sure this tune will have a few bugs and in my case I have plenty of warranty left to deal with it since I'm at 6k miles. I would think Ford Racing will eventually patch any issues if part failures arise, or if severe drivability issues come up. So far a few codes and no other issues and I'm definitely happy. I have not yet tried the launch control or pit speed limiter.

Last edited:

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
Don't get me wrong I love my trac key. I'm actually selling my SCT cuz I don't want it. Launch control is definitely cool. I set mine @ 4000 and pedal it, not the fastest but it sure is fun. I use pit speed driving all the time. There are many stints of my commute the the speed limit is 45. I just just set it and drive the 1/2 mile section then release it and off I go.

bullet3z

Established Member
Has any of the independent tuners found a way to add launch control or pit speed to their tunes? This is the one thing that I like the best about the tune/key.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Pretty sure a tune only modifies the parameters in the PCM. All the cool little add-ons that the track offers are activated through can data flashing(IDS VCM)

-Nick

AZMcLovin

Established Member
Don't get me wrong I love my trac key. I'm actually selling my SCT cuz I don't want it. Launch control is definitely cool. I set mine @ 4000 and pedal it, not the fastest but it sure is fun. I use pit speed driving all the time. There are many stints of my commute the the speed limit is 45. I just just set it and drive the 1/2 mile section then release it and off I go.

Before you sell your SCT I'd like to ask a small favor from you. Jon Lund states he wouldn't mind taking a look at the tune the track key has in order to see if there are any special parameters needed to enable Launch Control (FYI, there is a much longer backstorya bout this and I would be happy to fill you in if you'd like) but he'd need someone to essentially turn the car on with the track key and then pull the tune out with the SCT tool.

Any chance you'd be willing to help us all out with this?

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
Tell Jon to call me he has my number. Lol he'll know who I am we go a bit back. But I wouldn't mind helping him at all. And pm me I wouldn't mind know the "back story".

bullet3z

Established Member
Now this is good news. I figured someone would try to figure out how to add the launch control with a SCT tuner. I would think that if the FRPP tuner can do it then other tuners could figure it out.

AZMcLovin

Established Member
Tell Jon to call me he has my number. Lol he'll know who I am we go a bit back. But I wouldn't mind helping him at all. And pm me I wouldn't mind know the "back story".
No big secret or anything, I just didn't want to bother you witht e details of my project if you weren't interested! :)

Here's the link to the thread here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tall-into-a-2011-GT500-With-Track-Apps-and-LC

and on the original forum where the project started.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f803/13-14-cluster-into-10-12-car-trackapps-retrofit-514651/

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I hope so as well.

Would o2 spacers help? Would cat delete pipes AND o2 spacers work with the Track Key after the warranty is up and if cats ever become a maintenance issue? I ran my 13 3.7 with LT's, off road x, and o2 spacers with no CEL's for at least 500 miles before I got the tune adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread