2014 GT track key

1FastFord

Established Member
awesome, I guess doing a factory order will pay off after all. My car scheduled to arrive next week. I will be getting this for sure.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I wonder what Shaun@AED thinks about this? Can someone tap him to step in and comment on this now that its on the GT not just the boss. And maybe he understands why now it works on the GT and not just the boss anymore. Or if there is a way we can all have it?

Jtaugner

Established Member
I wonder what Shaun@AED thinks about this? Can someone tap him to step in and comment on this now that its on the GT not just the boss. And maybe he understands why now it works on the GT and not just the boss anymore. Or if there is a way we can all have it?

See above about new ECU's.

While it's neat, it seems more of a novelty item.

kingnut

Established Member
Ford marketing at its finest. What a great way to sell 14's until june of next year. And yeah and **** everyone else that bought a 14 before july.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Ford marketing at its finest. What a great way to sell 14's until june of next year. And yeah and **** everyone else that bought a 14 before july.

I bought mine august and its build date is 6/27/13....shit.

Shaun@AED

The aftermarket looked into the 2-key / different tune setup and we know how it works. It basically replaces the 'My Key', but in standard GT / Boss Strategies the tables simply do not exist to change the functions Ford Racing changes.

Ford Racing has created their own unique strategies that have added tables which are accessed via different keys.

SCT/Diablo/Sniper, etc can all 'read' out these strategies and convert them for use in their software (same way they do the standard Ford Strategies), that is not the problem. The problem comes from 'activating' the additional key. It's not possible without Ford hardware/software (in person) AND there are security protocols that require vin verification at Ford in order to activate the additional key.

Sure, if we spent enough time we could *probably* get around all these issues but it's simply not worth the effort.

I say good for Ford Racing. Those guys rock.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
The aftermarket looked into the 2-key / different tune setup and we know how it works. It basically replaces the 'My Key', but in standard GT / Boss Strategies the tables simply do not exist to change the functions Ford Racing changes.

Ford Racing has created their own unique strategies that have added tables which are accessed via different keys.

SCT/Diablo/Sniper, etc can all 'read' out these strategies and convert them for use in their software (same way they do the standard Ford Strategies), that is not the problem. The problem comes from 'activating' the additional key. It's not possible without Ford hardware/software (in person) AND there are security protocols that require vin verification at Ford in order to activate the additional key.
Sure, if we spent enough time we could *probably* get around all these issues but it's simply not worth the effort.

I say good for Ford Racing. Those guys rock.

And I thought I had the best tuner....:bash: seriously its nuts the stuff yall tuners learn about these computers. I thought FAST XFI was insane lol.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This is a pretty cool option. Seems it will help M6 sales with all the issues thet have had. Does anyone know if this track key sets the rev limiter higher than the 7k

GCubersoldat

Established Member
anyone know when the key will actually go on sale? says "coming soon" on the website. part number is the same as the boss 302 track key if im correct?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I found this little interesting piece of info posted on allfordmustangs.com

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5409065-post38.html

HarrishMasher said:
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE GT TRACK KEY

I just spoke with Ford Racing. The gentlemen I spoke to said the 7/1/14 date is not correct. It will work on late model 2013 and all 2014 GTs with manual transmissions.

It's function (ability to work) is related to the updated instrument cluster.

A release date is not clear at this point, as it is in development. He would not give me a date.

The price should be the same as the Track Key for the Boss 302...which is $302 :)

WooHoo I'm in!!!

Feel free to call for more info 800.367.3788, choose option two for the Ford Racing department.

AFGuy0127

Established Member
If that price holds out, that is great news. I'm definitely getting one of these when it is released. It would be cool to see any HP differences between the standard and the track keys. I'm guessing comparison dynos have been on the boss, so I'm interested in seeing the difference for the gt.

Users who are viewing this thread