2014 GT track key

todcp

Established Member
The Track Key is not about horsepower for me. I am looking forward to the other improvements that make the car a better track experience.
Also; when I added the ProCal tune I could not feel a horsepower difference but the drivability was a clear improvement.

AFGuy0127

Established Member
The Track Key is not about horsepower for me. I am looking forward to the other improvements that make the car a better track experience.
Also; when I added the ProCal tune I could not feel a horsepower difference but the drivability was a clear improvement.

Agreed. I'm looking for something that enhances different aspects of the car, while still maintaining the warranty. The warranty is one of the reasons I bought a brand new car. Once it runs out, then I'll play with it a little more seriously. So this track key works great for what I'm looking for now.

mfc133

Established Member
Agreed. I'm looking for something that enhances different aspects of the car, while still maintaining the warranty. The warranty is one of the reasons I bought a brand new car. Once it runs out, then I'll play with it a little more seriously. So this track key works great for what I'm looking for now.

Something to consider, FRPP stands behind Track Key up to 3yrs/36,000 miles. Your factory powertrain warranty is 5yrs/60,000mi. If the FRPP tune causes damage at 37,000 miles you are SOL. Also, if there was a problem within the 36k miles it's not like your dealer just sends the bill to FRPP and all is good. You would likely have to pay for the repair upfront and put in a claim with FRPP to be reimbursed.

All that being said, FRPP tunes undergo much more R&D than aftermarket tunes and put more emphasis on engine durability. It's very unlikely you'll have a problem.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Track key ordered from steve at Tasca yesterday.Hopefully i will have it the beginning of next week.

I spoke to Ford Racing at the Carlisle Ford nationals this past weekend.They told me it is officially released and ready to ship.They also laughed when i asked them if i will have any warranty issues past 36k. And told me not to worry about it. If something is damaged due the to the key they can have it over righted by ford and fixed under the vehicles 5 year 60k powertrain.

50blackout

Established Member
Also guys I want to point out that it specifically says on all these FRPP tunes that it does not void any original warranty. The 5yr 60k power train is an "original warranty." I think people get a little nervous just because the power train isn't specifically mentioned. I've also read on other forums that people have also called Ford Racing and received the same response that none of your original warranties are void.

califsp

Established Member
50blackout is correct. I wouldn't order this until I verified the warranty details with Ford Racing. They verified that your original factory warranty is still in effect.

raceme2

Established Member
I am having mine installed next week. I have a 14 Gt. The service manager and General were told by Ford Racing that it does not affect the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
50blackout is correct. I wouldn't order this until I verified the warranty details with Ford Racing. They verified that your original factory warranty is still in effect.

Those FRPP people are the wrong people to ask. They're just selling parts and not part of the Ford Service group.

Reading the track key warranty, it looks like it doubles back on itself,

1st it says, " Installation of the select Ford Racing-warranted TracKey/Track Cal engine calibrations by an authorized dealer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

Of course they can't void the full vehicle warranty, just the stuff that broke from using the FRPP parts, (ie, The switch back)

"Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/include/TracKey_Track_Cal_Warranty_Statement_2014v3.pdf

I don't think there would be a warranty issue if something happened, plenty of people have had their broke shit fixed even with aftermarket parts and obvious signs of abuse.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
I am having mine installed next week. I have a 14 Gt. The service manager and General were told by Ford Racing that it does not affect the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty.

My key will be here Monday. Havering it installed by my local ford dealer next Saturday!

Let me know how it goes. How much did you guys pay and where did you buy yours? It is my understanding that certain aftermarket companies other then FRPP and FRPOnline may actually have these on their shelf already. I plan on ordering mine this week.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Can non Ford Racing dealers order this? I wouldn't think it would be a problem. My father-in-law works at a dealer so...maybe I could save a couple of bucks.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I ordered mine from Steve at Tasca ford(vendor here)for $340 shipped. My key is currently sitting at my local ups sort facility. I will have it monday. However my dealer appointment to get it programed isnt untill next saturday.

todcp

Established Member
My track key arrived Saturday. Cost was retail 425 from Fordracingpartsdirect. I was surprised to find a K&N filter in the package. I did not know that was included. I paid too much but I wanted to be in line early. As it turns out I should not have paid extra as the discounted units arrived just as fast as mine. Of course the earlier 14's and 13's cost is higher.

Last edited:

50blackout

Established Member
yeah the early 13 and 14's actually come with a pro cal, that's probably why they're more expensive. I wonder if the 14 GT's that have to be flashed by the dealer, are able to be tuned by other companies later down the line, because wouldn't they need a different base tune file? Pro Cal users have a tuning device they use to restore their original tune. How would you restore your original tune if you needed? Or maybe other tuners wouldn't need a different base file?

raceme2

Established Member
The one thing I don't understand about all of this is that you order and buy the track key package, Boss 302 sidepipes, and FRPP mufflers and these are installed by the dealer and it is covered by and doesn't affect the warrany. But if you put the 302 intake on it the warranty is void because Ford doesn't have a tune for that and or a CAI.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
My track key arrived Saturday. Cost was retail 425 from Fordracingpartsdirect. I was surprised to find a K&N filter in the package. I did not know that was included. I paid too much but I wanted to be in line early. As it turns out I should not have paid extra as the discounted units arrived just as fast as mine. Of course the earlier 14's and 13's cost is higher.
Discounted units? Any more info on this? Or can you pick it up without the k&n?

And about the k&n...I thought the conclusion was they were worth 0 power a couple of years ago, right? So is Ford saying we should use the k&n filter in order for the tune to be, for lack of better words, optimum as far as tuning? If you didn't run it...could THAT be a warranty issue?

I know, a lot of questions but I'm just thinking it out as I type.

Funny5.0

Established Member
I wonder if the 14 GT's that have to be flashed by the dealer, are able to be tuned by other companies later down the line, because wouldn't they need a different base tune file? Pro Cal users have a tuning device they use to restore their original tune. How would you restore your original tune if you needed?
The stock tune would need to restored with the Procal tuner as it was saved there originally when the FRPP tune was uploaded to the car.

50blackout

Established Member
But what if the dealer flashes you with their IDS tool (This is what you have to do if you have a "14.5 GT" and want the actual track key) Does the dealer save your stock file? This makes it hard for me because I want to get AED tuned when I get some header. The FRPP tune should be great while under warranty, but this might be the only draw back.

Users who are viewing this thread