2013 Mustangs Get New Styling and Performance Upgrades

usmc320

Established Member
I think they should just stop with the retro design. It's time for something new. It was cool in 2005.

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
The lower part of the front bumper is hideous, they made it look like a GT500 and a V-6 got drunk and screwed one night. DISLIKE. Performance upgrades are impressive thou along with the bitchin Recaro seats... Not thinking I would trade my 11' GT for the new GT if you paid me. The new GT500 is a completely different story all together, FTW!!!!

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
some sunken tails lights do it for you cuz that and the lower valance is all thats changed there kiddo. I have the same spoiler, and fake gas cap. Im not gonna lie i had a bad feeling and its coming true. The front looks like a rip off of a gt500... Cant wait for all the tagged up v6's running around like they think they have a gt500.... Ill be laughing to all the way to the bank. It was a poor decision on fords part to make them look too similar

agreed^^^

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
well the SAE net HP of the 2011 GT is 416hp. 420 sae net is only 4hp. if you are expecting some kind of explosion of power you will be disapointed.

they could add 1/2 degree of timing and add that much.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Cobra R?? The Boss 302 Leguna Seca boss has that covered

I think it's time for the return of the COBRA R.... A mildly boosted coyote 5.0 would fit into the mix just fine.... Mach 1 would be cool too...

Cobra R?? The Boss 302 Leguna Seca boss has that covered. Sorry but no need for Cobra R. Maybe a Cobra Jet for the drag racers.

03 red vert

Some nice upgrade, but not a fan of the front end.

Not enough change to inspire me to sell my 2011 GT and purchase a 2013 GT.

beef97

Established Member
Anyone think the new rear tail lights will be able to fit on a '12? I've got a black '12 and think those tail lights would look pretty awesome back there!

Grant808

Established Member
Meh, I actually like the plastic cladding. So far, I'm not a big fan of the body colored panels. I think I'll keep my '11 and hopefully add some of those goodies from the FRPP catalog.

+1
I think the body colored rocker models make the car look 'fat', especially on the lighter colors!

Exactly - totally agree. This is why the new Challenger and Camaro look portly. Challenger should have fixed that with the rocker louvers like on the '70 'cuda...

KingofQueens

Established Member
Here is a vid of the taillights in action. Initial it looked good in pics but now after seeing the vid i dont find it attractive. Looks "aftermarketish".
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55XXIgRMK9k&feature=player_embedded"]2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0: Sequential Taillights - YouTube[/nomedia]

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I don't see a hard-top on any of the Mustang's. It seems like it would be easy for them to be built as HT's. The windows roll down on the vert's, and getting rid of the B pillars would be easy for Ford to change the design to make it work. That would be awesome to see. I do like the Recarro's in the Shelby w/the Cobra embedded in the back, that is way cool, love to have them in my car!

DIB5.0

Established Member
mustangworld_laauto11_167_JPG.htm

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You don't see an HT model because it would be beyond hideous. Need confirmation?

2014Mustang.jpg

chuckstang

Established Member
I prefer the lower panels left black plastic. Makes the waistline look much thiner and lower. Way too fat looking with everything painted. Sorta cartoonish???

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Plus: Would love to have the select shift auto, Recaros and info screen. Minus: prefer my 11 front end, black panels and hood any day of the week! Shelby is finally worth the price differential!

Fuerza

Established Member
Love the fact that they painted the entire car. It looked cheap with all the flat black plastic on the running around the car. The wheels are horrible. I'm not impressed by the new automatic, if it isn't offered on the top of the line model, then I'd say Ford doesn't have confidence in it's performance.

Users who are viewing this thread