2013 Mustangs Get New Styling and Performance Upgrades

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I'm not impressed by the new automatic, if it isn't offered on the top of the line model, then I'd say Ford doesn't have confidence in it's performance.

I assume you're talking about an auto in the GT500 here? In that case, I disagree. I don't think Ford has ever offered an auto in the Cobras from 1993 onward. I presume the reasoning being that if someone cares enough about performance to buy a Cobra, they're not going to even consider the auto.

Interestingly though, the new Camaro ZL1 will have an auto as an option.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I assume you're talking about an auto in the GT500 here? In that case, I disagree. I don't think Ford has ever offered an auto in the Cobras from 1993 onward. I presume the reasoning being that if someone cares enough about performance to buy a Cobra, they're not going to even consider the auto.

ever see a camaro fan/owner? they are simple. Cant hold a beer and drive stick. lol jk

kingnut

Established Member
Good:

new dash
rear end

Bad:

Front bumper looks horrible
wheels look like flowers
projector housings standard with HID's

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member

Interesting thing to note, is that almost all European supercars have automatic paddle shifting transmissions.

Slamming gears is fun, but in my experience, some people want the experience of a really fast DD but don't want to bother with shifting, especially in the city.

Mach'dOut04

Established Member
I like the 2011-12 front better. And for some reason I like the black side skirts and lower body better than the body colored side skirts... Other than that, I'll give it two thumbs up!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I like the 2011-12 front better. And for some reason I like the black side skirts and lower body better than the body colored side skirts... Other than that, I'll give it two thumbs up!

I think it's one of those things where it may take a little time to grow on you.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Love the rear end

hate the front end of the v6 and gt.

the boss and gt500 i like pretty good.

I'm pretty torn on a 2nd car right now. we have a sweet 11 gt500, a 12 boss due in soon in competition orange, or ordering a 13 boss.

decisions, decisions

chuckstang

Established Member
Love the rear end

hate the front end of the v6 and gt.

the boss and gt500 i like pretty good.

I'm pretty torn on a 2nd car right now. we have a sweet 11 gt500, a 12 boss due in soon in competition orange, or ordering a 13 boss.

decisions, decisions

you poor thing

paintless302

Established Member
its interesting how only the current gt owners have anything bad to say about the '13. I think it looks good albeit i never liked the fog light in the grille placement--like a more traditional lower fascia mounting point. Definetely a step in the right direction with getting rid of all the lower plastic trim, i didnt know wtf they were thinking with that stuff in the '10s.

Users who are viewing this thread