2013 Mustang GT has officially hit the dealerships

tcroush23

Established Member
This car hit the lot today out in Sacramento, Ca. and the dealership is asking $45k

photo3td.jpg

photo4gs.jpg

reflection from the side mirror

photo5fj.jpg

photo10hx.jpg

photo20c.jpg

man bro we just got one here at my dealer shit and our sticker is 38k and same pack as your just in white i dont think black is more $$$$$ lol

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I went looked at a Premium GT at Grapevine Ford. They have a black/black one on the showroom floor. It's a really nice car, I can't beleive how far the GT's have come over the years. The car is pretty loaded with the electronics package, 373's, comfort package and it they are asking sticker for it. Amazing car for sure.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I went looked at a Premium GT at Grapevine Ford. They have a black/black one on the showroom floor. It's a really nice car, I can't beleive how far the GT's have come over the years. The car is pretty loaded with the electronics package, 373's, comfort package and it they are asking sticker for it. Amazing car for sure.
Did you order one Steve?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Did you order one Steve?

I went through the process to order the car, picked everything out and then they lowballed the shit out of me on my trade. So I'm going to sell it myself. The wife wants one too now, she loved the 12 we drove so much she didn't want to leave it at the dealership. Haha.

elcobrita

Established Member
I spec'd one out the way I'd want it, including an auto, and it came out to $45k. Considering the level of equipment I'd say that's a fair sticker price.

You think $45k for a GT is good? I personally think that car prices are getting out of hand..
In 3-5 years a GT will be over $50k?!!
That's crazy

Tucker

My premium with track pack, green and comfort stickered @ $38,4xx
I didn't pay that, but that's not bad.

the 2013's are $200 cheaper than 2012's

Bud

Established Member
There is a price to be paid to be the first kid on the block with the new toy. Give it some time and let incentives and truecar/aol-cars type pricing come around. I wouldn't buy a GT for 45k though, ever. If I was willing to sign on for that kind of car cost, Id save for another year or two first then get the gt500 instead.

M3_Dust

Established Member
I ordered a 2013 GT Premium last week, ETA of about 8-10 weeks, this will be my first American car, I was very impressed with the 2011 when I first test drove it and have had this car in mind since then. I was close to buying a 2012 with $4k in additional incentives but when I saw the new updates for 2013, namely the track package with the oil cooler and bigger radiator and the gorgeous new blue, I knew I had to have the '13.

My configuration is as follows:
GT Premium coupe 6MT
Deep Impact Blue
Saddle leather
GT Track package
Comfort package

Ordered to my specifications with zero deposit and never setting foot in the dealership, I am getting the car @ $35k, unless there are additional incentives between now and the time the car arrives, then they will give me the lower price.

I think the situation with the car in the OP is that it is the first one in a market with a handful of buyers who have more money than sense, the dealer may also mark the vehicle up initially so that it sits in the showroom for a while and customers have a live example to view when they come in. I don't think it is a rare car or that any markup or even paying msrp is justified for any other reason than the fact that it is so new, soon there will be an abundance on dealer lots and they will be doing everything they can to move units.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I went through the process to order the car, picked everything out and then they lowballed the shit out of me on my trade. So I'm going to sell it myself. The wife wants one too now, she loved the 12 we drove so much she didn't want to leave it at the dealership. Haha.
H ha. I might swing by and take a look at Jay's car while I'm up here in VA. they have several to look at at the dealership, just haven't had time to go look at them yet.

My wife want's the 2013 Focus Titanium with the Ecoboost 1.6. But they won't be out until late summer. They lowballed us on her Explorer too. LOL.. We are going to sell it outright as well. Should be easy enough to sell with only 22K miles on it and me taking care of it. :-D

saleencobra

Established Member
Are you driving on gravel roads most of the time? I've had plenty of cars in my day, and I can't say I've ever had an issue with painted rocker panels getting "sand blasted and rock chipped to hell." :shrug:

There is a reason whey you don't see black plastic rocker panels on most nicer/higher end cars--they look cheap.
agreed they look very cheap. have u seen the 2010's and 11's with them painted? night and day better

Yeah that would be the only thing that is drooool.. Those painted side skirts are awful, and so is that rear blackout panel. Its going to be spider scratch city. Plus those side skirts are going to get sand blasted and rock shipped to hell.

disagree completely. my friends are painted with r888's and has no rock chips daily driven.

It's amazing that all the 03/04 cobras with their sticky tires and painted side skirts managed to do just fine. Painted side skirts aren't exactly a new concept.... it's 2012 here people lol time to finish painting the rest of their car rather than leaving it unpainted.

TRUTH^

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Gotta admit, I might be looking for a set of head light housings and tail lights off a 13' for mine.

kosovobandit

Established Member
they do look good, but i am not sold yet. i was very disappointed. i wanted to sit in one at the dallas auto show but there were no 2013's just 2012's. I did see the new GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread