2013 Mustang GT has officially hit the dealerships

SicShelby09

Banned
Are you driving on gravel roads most of the time? I've had plenty of cars in my day, and I can't say I've ever had an issue with painted rocker panels getting "sand blasted and rock chipped to hell." :shrug:

There is a reason whey you don't see black plastic rocker panels on most nicer/higher end cars--they look cheap.

The brembo tires are super sticky and pickup everything on the road. Anyone with a brembo car will attest to this. Any slow speed driving, and all you can hear is little pebbles and rocks hitting the underside of the wheel wells. The regular perellis are much better on that, but my side rockers are showing wear from sand and rocks. You must not get under there and look. I can see it night and day.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
The brembo tires are super sticky and pickup everything on the road. Anyone with a brembo car will attest to this. Any slow speed driving, and all you can hear is little pebbles and rocks hitting the underside of the wheel wells. The regular perellis are much better on that, but my side rockers are showing wear from sand and rocks. You must not get under there and look. I can see it night and day.

your a 100% right. i hate the brembo tires. i put the gt500 rear mudflaps on and jlt front ones, which i hate because they are carbon fiber. wish they made black.

i always thought being one color would be cool. not anymore.

SicShelby09

Banned
your a 100% right. i hate the brembo tires. i put the gt500 rear mudflaps on and jlt front ones, which i hate because they are carbon fiber. wish they made black.

i always thought being one color would be cool. not anymore.

Yeah they are almost too sticky for the street, yet they still suck at the track....lol.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
Cant get past that front bumper and paint side skirts. The car looks very long and tall.
I think the darker colors are more appealing in pictures because it kind of fades to black below the door.
That green is awful though, person or pictures all around it looks like poop. The one above makes me think of a powerpuff girl.

That's what it is!

The car looks way too tall. I was wondering why I didn't like it. Couldn't put my finger on it.

I will take the seats...and I think those tail lights are tits.

bubbrubb

It's amazing that all the 03/04 cobras with their sticky tires and painted side skirts managed to do just fine. Painted side skirts aren't exactly a new concept.... it's 2012 here people lol time to finish painting the rest of their car rather than leaving it unpainted.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The front is growing on me, but still hate the useless bumper openings on the GT. The GT/CS looks much better when the fogs are placed down in the bumper as well as the rear bumper cover with textured black between the exhaust.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
OMG, those seats are incredible! Nice to see the base model now has a leather wheel and decent looking rims (unless the premium 19" flower petals)

DIB5.0

Established Member
Mine will be built April 2nd wk. DIB premium with Brembo and leather Recaro's.

KGrHqZHJEwE88eJ2ugsBPPcVBb4g_4.jpg

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
I still dont care for the '13 styling which is why i picked up the '12. Just seems more aggressive to me. Maybe the '13 will grow on me eventually, but dont think so lol. I really like the break up of colors on the -12 vs the all painted panels of the '13 as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread