2013 Mustang GT has officially hit the dealerships

HBO

Established Member
Congrats! Pics?

Also, does the track pack include the 3.73s, or was that a stand alone option? The order guide makes it look like they're included, but the description of the track pack when you build it online is different.

Included:

"The GT Track Package is available only on manual GT Mustangs with a 3.73 axle. This package offers a new engine cooler, upgraded radiator, performance friction brake pads and the same Torsen differential that's on Mustang Boss 302. Moreover, the car gets Brembo Brake Package, with 14-inch vented front discs, unique 19-inch alloy wheels and summer performance tires"

kingnut

Established Member
Anyone have a picture with the 2013 tails installed on a 2012 yet?

Supernova

Established Member
Wow! Now that is sweet looking!
But when you load up a GT like that isn't the price getting very close to a Boss???:dw:

Yes, a little, depending on options. A 2013 Boss with Recaros is roughly 45k, and a premium GT with the track pack (includes the Brembo package), electronics package, Recaros, glass roof, and backup camera is roughly 42k (IIRC). That's about as loaded as a GT can get, and has a bunch of stuff many people won't get.

While the price approaches a Boss, that GT has leather, navigation, ambient lighting, backup camera, glass roof, better stereo, etc., while also getting the Torsen diff and radiator from the Boss. Not saying it will perform as well as a Boss, but it will be close enough for a lot of people, while being much better equipped. It's all about your priorities and what's important to you.

M3_Dust

Established Member
the track pack has the engine oil cooler, radiator, and torsen diff from the Boss + everything in the brembo package and as I understand it, a different compound brake pad

DIB5.0

Established Member
WP_000606.jpg

WP_000594.jpg

WP_000590.jpg

chuckstang

Established Member
I think the V6 Mustangs look better in the front than the GTs and have thought this for quite some time and still do on the new ones.

The simple grille without the gaudy extra fog lights just looks so much cleaner and more gt500 like

aghhhh

kingnut

Established Member
Aftermarket all black billet grill will look the cleanest. The foglight placement is definitely better.

DWalker

Established Member
My first thought when I ordered my '13 is "I gotta get rid of those goofy ass fog lights!" but I went and looked at one in person last week and I'm having second thoughts on that idea. The fog lights now have LED bulbs and they actually match the color output of the HIDs, and if you have just the park lights on with the fogs and the LED bars are lit up on the side, it looks pretty damn tough IMO. I snapped this real quick with my iPhone....

28a02801.jpg

But I have a feeling the GT/CS grille is gonna look the best on grabber blue(which is what I ordered)....

7cdd8292.jpg

Last edited:

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Damn, the new blue is killer. Loving these cars, want to pick one up but won't pay over $30k adn it's gotta have the brembos.

kingnut

Established Member
My first thought when I ordered my '13 is "I gotta get rid of those goofy ass fog lights!" but I went and looked at one in person last week and I'm having second thoughts on that idea. The fog lights now have LED bulbs and they actually match the color output of the HIDs, and if you have just the park lights on with the fogs and the LED bars are lit up on the side, it looks pretty damn tough IMO. I snapped this real quick with my iPhone....

28a02801.jpg

But I have a feeling the GT/CS grille is gonna look the best on grabber blue(which is what I ordered)....

7cdd8292.jpg

is that corny pony emblem removable without messing up the grill?

Users who are viewing this thread