2013 Mustang GT has officially hit the dealerships

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
you and me both, prefer the 11/12 any day over a wanna be shelby look alike
See I feel just the opposite.

The 11/12 GT's look never really did anything for me. :shrug: IMO, they looked too plain. Kind of like when you get excited about the prototype show car and then you are let down by the production model. I almost liked the front of the 6 cylinder better than the GT.

I have always liked the GT500. So when the 13 pictures were released, I finally got excited to see what they had done. The other subtle mods were done tastefully. I think the 13's look much better and more aggressive than the 11/12's.

I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

DWalker

Established Member
See I feel just the opposite.

The 11/12 GT's look never really did anything for me. :shrug: IMO, they looked too plain. Kind of like when you get excited about the prototype show car and then you are let down by the production model. I almost liked the front of the 6 cylinder better than the GT.

I have always liked the GT500. So when the 13 pictures were released, I finally got excited to see what they had done. The other subtle mods were done tastefully. I think the 13's look much better and more aggressive than the 11/12's.

I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

+1,000,000

Exactly how I feel, and all these people hating on the '13s and most of them think the Shelby looks sick..........:shrug:

DIB5.0

Established Member
2013_ford_mustang_actf34_ns_32612_717.jpg

stang8psi

Established Member
I

My configuration is as follows:
GT Premium coupe 6MT
Deep Impact Blue
Saddle leather
GT Track package
Comfort package

Ordered to my specifications with zero deposit and never setting foot in the dealership, I am getting the car @ $35k, unless there are additional incentives between now and the time the car arrives, then they will give me the lower price.

I just built the same car on FORD.com and Almost came out to 39-40k! Are you getting a D plan or below invoice?:shrug:

kingnut

Established Member
2013's look better every day. for all those hating on them its getting old. just love your 11-12 5.0 and dont worry about it. i think alot of guys are trying to tell themselves they dont like it because they own a 11-12. i think the last 3 years all look sweet. 2013 is my favorite though.

TheYeti

Established Member
:dw: you sure about that...

it could be...you have to price it out though. When you factor in that the new ones have HIDs standard and some other stuff...if you price out a comparably equipped 2011/12, it might be right around the same price. Issue with the 2013s is you dont have an option if you want the HIDs or not...you have to have them.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
It looks like we're going to have one of both. The wife wants a Grabber Blue 13 auto to drive everyday. :D

I like my 12 Sterling Grey. Some might think the 11/12's are "plain looking" but with the right suspension stance and wheel selection I think they can be very clean and sophisicated looking. :D

03dsgdreams

Established Member
The 13 is really growing on me. I'm so mad ford didn't offer the tech and track packs on the base 12 models. I bought my 12 gt brand new a few weeks ago. I went with the 12 because of the price, I got my brembo, 3.73, base model for around 27k out the door. I honesty coulnd not afford a 13 it seems most of you are ordering the premium and paying any were from 35-45k that's just crazy.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
The 13 is really growing on me. I'm so mad ford didn't offer the tech and track packs on the base 12 models. I bought my 12 gt brand new a few weeks ago. I went with the 12 because of the price, I got my brembo, 3.73, base model for around 27k out the door. I honesty coulnd not afford a 13 it seems most of you are ordering the premium and paying any were from 35-45k that's just crazy.

I just bought a 12 Sterling Grey Premium GT Monday night for $27k. :)

M3_Dust

Established Member
I just built the same car on FORD.com and Almost came out to 39-40k! Are you getting a D plan or below invoice?:shrug:

yeah I think the MSRP is 38.9k, but I don't believe in MSRP, I just did some phone shopping and asked to speak to the Internet/fleet manager when I called the dealers. I got a call yesterday that the car is being built the week of April 9 and should arrive around the end of the month, a few weeks ahead of the projected time-frame he gave me. :rolling:

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up (last Friday) my red candy metallic 6MT, with the track package, and recaro seats under MSRP. It's a great car and fun to drive with the 3:73's out back. I get a lot of compliments on the looks of the car. I'm very happy with my purchase and am amazed at how far the GT's have come along.

Supernova

Established Member
I picked up (last Friday) my red candy metallic 6MT, with the track package, and recaro seats under MSRP. It's a great car and fun to drive with the 3:73's out back. I get a lot of compliments on the looks of the car. I'm very happy with my purchase and am amazed at how far the GT's have come along.

Congrats! Pics?

Also, does the track pack include the 3.73s, or was that a stand alone option? The order guide makes it look like they're included, but the description of the track pack when you build it online is different.

Last edited:

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! I believe the 3.73's were a stand alone option, but someone chime in if I am wrong. I will get help to upload some pics of it late tonight. It's time for the daily grind.

Users who are viewing this thread