2011 GT 5.0, AED tuned 437HP/424TQ

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Seeing all of these numbers, I'm really excited. Has any of the tuners in this thread gotten the auto to read over 400rwhp? I know it's harder without that 1:1 gear ratio and the beefier auto.

Full_Tilt

Banned
Mullet-28578.jpg

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Dont get too excited. Its extremely easy to make a dyno read however you want it to read. You could make these "dyno" numbers with a bone stock mustang pretty easily.

Im not saying its BS, but I havent seen these engines respond this well to basic bolt-on. So either we have an aggressive tune made by a very skilled tuner, or we have some inflation of the results.

Which brings me to an important question. Would this happen to have been on a hub dyno (i.e. dynapack, etc).
This being in Brake HP and not Wheel HP would largely explain the high numbers.

I know... Thanks captain obvious. I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about wheel hp and not brake hp.

The more time the tuners have had these cars, the better they are getting at it. It may still be a while before we see the perfect tune for the lightly modified 4v 5.0. Being a technologist myself, I'm just excited to stay on the bleeding edge of new improvements as they come.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Dont get butthurt. :rolleyes:
Given all the companies that have been working with these cars I wouldnt be surpised if they have gotten pretty damn close to the max youll be able to make on pump gas with basic bolt-ons. There is only so much you can do with tuning.
From what Ive seen mods like these are usually going to be pulling around 400 on a DYNOJET, which is already inflated beyond real world results due to being an inertia dyno. Making another 40hp on top of that sounds very unlikely.

I truly don't wanna argue with you kiddo. Dynojets are only 3-5% different from a MD with a realistic load. And, if you had read the entire thread, I'm pretty sure that no one in here mentions that brake or flywheel hp. But, it's all good, read whatcha need pro :beer:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I never said it was brake hp, I was ASKING if it was.
I just now watched the video and saw that it was not on a hub dyno for sure.

As far as dynojets being with 5%; that is on the lower end of what I have experienced. More like 10%, sometimes even more.
Realistic load? Far from it. The inertia of the drum is a miserable excuse for a proper brake dyno, and directly leads to it not only being inaccurate but also makes it borderline useless for tuning.

Are you a tuner? And if so, with what shop and how long have you been tuning. I just want to make sure that I'm dealing with someone who is a well educated and knowledgable tuner because I really haven't heard or experienced alot of your comments... As well, the only way to measure brake hp accurately is to yank the engine out and place it on an engine dyno.

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
The wideband wasnt hooked up. So thats not right.

Yes the wideband was hooked up, you can see it in the video. It's placed in the O/R X pipe for better accuracy. :poke:

Dont get too excited. Its extremely easy to make a dyno read however you want it to read. You could make these "dyno" numbers with a bone stock mustang pretty easily.

Im not saying its BS, but I havent seen these engines respond this well to basic bolt-on. So either we have an aggressive tune made by a very skilled tuner, or we have some inflation of the results.

Which brings me to an important question. Would this happen to have been on a hub dyno (i.e. dynapack, etc).
This being in Brake HP and not Wheel HP would largely explain the high numbers.

In the original post like I said, the car made 420/402 with the same dyno/mods just running the C&L maf curve. The point I was trying to make with this thread was that with the right tune/tuner you can adjust the settings the car already has. Ti-VCT is awesome.
So really... who cares what dyno it was on?
And FYI, on the same dyno the car made 373/390 pulled in 4th gear bone stock on a dyno day.
The tuning was in 5th gear (1:1) for a final 437hp/424tq

Okay...How much is the tune and where can I get it? I'm currently running a 93r Bama tune and would love to compare the tunes.

Shaun (AED) is in Northern California. Contact him for the rates. The other thread to check for custom dyno tuning is http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...44610-installed-steeda-cai-went-aed-tune.html
He did a great write-up on the difference between his dyno tune vs his mail-order tune.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Nice numbers. I cannot wait until tuners really understand these engines and computers so they can get the full potential out of their tunes.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes these new 5.0 are amazing an make sure your using a tuner that undetstands all these new computers so you get the most out of your tune.

hydro

Established Member
New L&M 5.0 TB

SAE was 422/409.
Can't wait for L&M to release their TB.
I'd also like to see what E85 can do in one of these cars. From what I saw during tuning, they could use a bit more timing (and octane to match). E85 *might* be the hot ticket.

I could have spent another 4 hours playing with the cams. LOL
Maybe next time. ;)

I absloutely LOVE these new 5.0's!

The new L&M 5.0 TB just completed testing and will be released in 2-3 weeks.
Gain over Stock 5.0 TB is 10rwhp and 25 torque.Complete w/electronics & ready to bolt on,with stock driveability.hydro

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
The new L&M 5.0 TB just completed testing and will be released in 2-3 weeks.
Gain over Stock 5.0 TB is 10rwhp and 25 torque.Complete w/electronics & ready to bolt on,with stock driveability.hydro

oh really? hmmm ill be looking into tb's down the road when the boss intake gets here. seems their TB's are in the 599 range. not too bad to me.

Last edited:

zigroid1985

Established Member
424 rwtq out of a 5.0L? yeah, ok. nice happy dyno they have there. I dont give a shit what engine you have that kind of torque all motor in a 5.0L street engine isnt gonna happen.

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
424 rwtq out of a 5.0L? yeah, ok. nice happy dyno they have there. I dont give a shit what engine you have that kind of torque all motor in a 5.0L street engine isnt gonna happen.

lol wut? I'm assuming you don't know much about these engines and the technology. That's alright, lol

zigroid1985

Established Member
lol wut? I'm assuming you don't know much about these engines and the technology. That's alright, lol
an engine is an engine is an engine. I dont give a **** what technology is applied. the engine doesnt care what name is on the valve cover. 424 rwtq out of an all motor 5.0L is impossible. its a happy dyno.

I know plenty about the engine too

I also find it funny how your name is "surreal" that explains this dyno to a T.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread