2011 GT 5.0, AED tuned 437HP/424TQ

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
SAE was 422/409.
Can't wait for L&M to release their TB.
I'd also like to see what E85 can do in one of these cars. From what I saw during tuning, they could use a bit more timing (and octane to match). E85 *might* be the hot ticket.

I could have spent another 4 hours playing with the cams. LOL
Maybe next time. ;)

I absloutely LOVE these new 5.0's!

im sure well be back up there when you got the time again Shaun. maybe mark will do E85 same time i do. :beer:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
SAE was 422/409.
Can't wait for L&M to release their TB.
I'd also like to see what E85 can do in one of these cars. From what I saw during tuning, they could use a bit more timing (and octane to match). E85 *might* be the hot ticket.

I could have spent another 4 hours playing with the cams. LOL
Maybe next time. ;)

I absloutely LOVE these new 5.0's!

It would be curious to see what the timing map/chart looks like.thats some really nice torque numbers, care to share

Shaun@AED

It would be curious to see what the timing map/chart looks like.thats some really nice torque numbers, care to share

STOCK timing. Not 1 degree added or subtracted in any spark table.
Super safe.

I was able to gain significant average power and broaded the powerband by playing with camshaft timing.
I've been designing custom cams since '01. These motors are right up my alley.

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
STOCK timing. Not 1 degree added or subtracted in any spark table.
Super safe.

I was able to gain significant average power and broaded the powerband by playing with camshaft timing.
I've been designing custom cams since '01. These motors are right up my alley.

thats what i ment cam timing not spark timing:beer:

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

thats what i ment cam timing not spark timing:beer:

;)
Not going to post that up... But, I will say it is no more than 10 degree off from Factory at any point, although not exactly the same 'curve' as factory.

FWIW, every setup will respond differently to different cam timing. CNC ported vs hand ported would mean different cam timing curves to extract every last bit of power. Same goes for longtubes vs stock midlengths, intake manifold runner length and plenum volume, TB to some extent, etc.
So, someone with the exact same mods as Mark would yield similar gains from his cam timing. Someone with stock cats.....could use some tweaking of the curves.

That's the nature of 'custom' tuning vs mail order....and why custom tuning is more expensive.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
very nice! Outstanding job!! These things will only make more power once the tuners get used to the differences over previous years.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
;)
Not going to post that up... But, I will say it is no more than 10 degree off from Factory at any point, although not exactly the same 'curve' as factory.

FWIW, every setup will respond differently to different cam timing. CNC ported vs hand ported would mean different cam timing curves to extract every last bit of power. Same goes for longtubes vs stock midlengths, intake manifold runner length and plenum volume, TB to some extent, etc.
So, someone with the exact same mods as Mark would yield similar gains from his cam timing. Someone with stock cats.....could use some tweaking of the curves.

That's the nature of 'custom' tuning vs mail order....and why custom tuning is more expensive.
Very impressive. While the TracKey sounds interesting I'm thinking a custom tune will really extract all the power out of a Boss.

Last edited:

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Very impressive. While the TracKey sounds interesting I'm thinking a custom tune will really extract all the power out of a Boss.

I'm guessing the new Boss on-board computer holds 2 tunes. So you can tune both keys to your liking.
It would be extremely badass to have an E85 track key and a mean 91oct road key.:rockon:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
from what livernois did with basically a BOSS setup -441rwhp, i imagine the street tune should be able to match that.

its rated a 444hp, with 440-450rwhp with bolt ons and tune. IMO.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Nice numbers! These cars continue to amaze me!

from what livernois did with basically a BOSS setup -441rwhp, i imagine the street tune should be able to match that.

its rated a 444hp, with 440-450rwhp with bolt ons and tune. IMO.

Keep in mind, our car is an auto with stock cams. I think a manual trans car would make roughly 30 more RWHP and can't wait to see what cams do.

-Rick

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nice numbers! These cars continue to amaze me!

Keep in mind, our car is an auto with stock cams. I think a manual trans car would make roughly 30 more RWHP and can't wait to see what cams do.

-Rick

thats sweet. how do you like the Auto at the track?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Once my terminator gets paid off, I may have to get a new 5.0! Why not have both?

There you go caveman and refined, brute and lil rowdy. How it is. We'll see when spring comes if the 2011 picks up a bit...

Cams... when the boss 302 is out we can use those cams, intake, tb and prob the key deal but custom tuning, modifying the track key tune. Ford really is going all out in the stang and truck market.

Users who are viewing this thread