2011 GT 5.0, AED tuned 437HP/424TQ

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Posted for my buddy Mark.
Mark's 5.0.
It was a full day of fine tuning, an making more power across the whole RPM range an also making higher peak power. (last time Mark made 420HP/402TQ Same boltons)
This time the power is so much better all the way through every part of the RPM band.

Here's marks dyno run

2011 GT 5.0 C&L CAI, o/r X, Bassani Axel back, AED tuned
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg0YoRrupFg"]YouTube - 2011 GT 5.0 C&L CAI, o/r X, Bassani Axel back, AED tuned 437HP/424TQ[/nomedia]

Mark2011GTManual.jpg

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/747750-another-2011-gt-11s.html
[youtube_browser]68cPxSqL-uA[/youtube_browser]
Time:
11.97 @ 114.9 mph with a 1.72 60'
Sacramento Raceway.

Last edited:

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
It's all in playing with the cam timing across the whole RPM band.

This car doesn't need cams, each are independently adjustable from the cars on-board computer.

:read:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
With the proper tuner that understands these new 5.0 an there computers so much can be done that was never possible before.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I wonder what'll happen with LT's? Oh and for the people saying it's high. AED is the best tuner in NORCAL his numbers and tunes are always perfect.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Once my terminator gets paid off, I may have to get a new 5.0! Why not have both?

Grant808

Established Member
Seriously impressed...I don't think anyone in SoCal is making those kind of numbers with the same level of mods...just might need to make a weekend trip up north.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wonder what'll happen with LT's? Oh and for the people saying it's high. AED is the best tuner in NORCAL his numbers and tunes are always perfect.

well on YouTube someone with a full bassini LT an complete exhaust system an cai not sure what else an a dyno tune made 438hp I.forgot the tq thoe. You can look it up so it looks like you don't gain much if any on LT on the 5.0 n/a

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Seriously impressed...I don't think anyone in SoCal is making those kind of numbers with the same level of mods...just might need to make a weekend trip up north.

So far at least in norcal there is not a bettet tuner than Shaun at AED. I've been working with him on tuning my car for the last 1.5yr. He also will only tune it safely so if you ask for a wild tune that maybe unsafe he will not tune it.

Grant808

Established Member
So far at least in norcal there is not a bettet tuner than Shaun at AED. I've been working with him on tuning my car for the last 1.5yr. He also will only tune it safely so if you ask for a wild tune that maybe unsafe he will not tune it.

I hear ya. Also forgot to ask - if that's a 91 octane tune?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I hear ya. Also forgot to ask - if that's a 91 octane tune?

Yes 91 octane only. No race gas added. With the wide bands stock an knock senors an cam timing there's all kinds of stuff you can do on 91 Oct an I'm sure even better on 93oct

stang910

Established Member
Nice numbers for his mods. I'd like to see what they are in SAE. Tell him to get it to the track and get some real #'s now.

Shaun@AED

SAE was 422/409.
Can't wait for L&M to release their TB.
I'd also like to see what E85 can do in one of these cars. From what I saw during tuning, they could use a bit more timing (and octane to match). E85 *might* be the hot ticket.

I could have spent another 4 hours playing with the cams. LOL
Maybe next time. ;)

I absloutely LOVE these new 5.0's!

Users who are viewing this thread