2011 GT 5.0, AED tuned 437HP/424TQ

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
an engine is an engine is an engine. I dont give a **** what technology is applied. the engine doesnt care what name is on the valve cover. 424 rwtq out of a 5.0L is impossible. its a happy dyno.

I know plenty about the engine too

You clearly have no idea then. Even with the previous version 4.6l (281cu) with headwork, cams, and a lot of massaging can make that kind of power. You just had to spin high. Do a search for Nazman on the site. And if that is possible, then these new engines with their advanced cam timing, heads, piston, and block design shouldn't have any trouble making that power and torque. Granted, it may not be a super flat torque curve like the OLD pushrods. :poke: :dw:

BABVenom98

Established Member
an engine is an engine is an engine. I dont give a **** what technology is applied. the engine doesnt care what name is on the valve cover. 424 rwtq out of an all motor 5.0L is impossible. its a happy dyno.

I know plenty about the engine too

I also find it funny how your name is "surreal" that explains this dyno to a T.

you're a retard

zigroid1985

Established Member
You clearly have no idea then. Even with the previous version 4.6l (281cu) with headwork, cams, and a lot of massaging can make that kind of power. You just had to spin high. Do a search for Nazman on the site. And if that is possible, then these new engines with their advanced cam timing, heads, piston, and block design shouldn't have any trouble making that power and torque. Granted, it may not be a super flat torque curve like the OLD pushrods. :poke: :dw:
I think you are mistaking me for someone who is an idiot. I am not saying the horsepower figures are high, I am saying the torque figures are high. head flow is head flow. dont care if its 2 valves or 6. cam timing can change a small cam to act like a big cam but engines with big cams and engines with small cams dont make the torque per displacement this engine supposedly does. those OLD pushrods are making the same power your beloved DOHC engines are making and then some so I wouldnt be making fun of them.
you're a retard
yes, I AM A RETARD BECAUSE.... _______ (fill in the blank and Ill give you a cookie)

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=515518]Official 4V Naturally Aspirated HP/TQ List - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

there isnt a single engine on that list that comes close to the torque per displacement this magical engine produces.

now, in LS land, a 5.0L making 424 rwtq is equivalent to a 6.0L making around 500 rwtq, a plateau reserved for strokers. you know how efficient LS engines are at making torque, right? probably not because youre the retard here, not me.

keep coming at me, morons, and Ill school you. its a happy dyno. anyone with half a brain will agree with me. the rest of you are nut hangers. that number could read 500 rwtq and you would believe it because its your beloved 5.0h.

edit: let me try and relieve the tension a bit. I think the new 5.0Ls are impressive engines but they will only go so far until the laws of physics will stop them. ford didnt figure out something no one else has with this engine. mother nature will always rule supreme.

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I think you are mistaking me for someone who is an idiot. I am not saying the horsepower figures are high, I am saying the torque figures are high. head flow is head flow. dont care if its 2 valves or 6. cam timing can change a small cam to act like a big cam but engines with big cams and engines with small cams dont make the torque per displacement this engine supposedly does. those OLD pushrods are making the same power your beloved DOHC engines are making and then some so I wouldnt be making fun of them.

Nope, no mistaking it :)

zigroid1985

Established Member
Something tells me that by me running around svtperformance doing searches won't appease you. I think you're just in here trolling and I failed by biting. Well played troll, well played.
I will admit defeat when I am defeated. the problem is you wouldnt be able to find any other engine that makes this much torque per displacement which leads me to believe maybe you should admit defeat instead of calling me a troll, hmmmm?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I will admit defeat when I am defeated. the problem is you wouldnt be able to find any other engine that makes this much torque per displacement which leads me to believe maybe you should admit defeat instead of calling me a troll, hmmmm?

Go away troll :wf:

warlockgs

Established Member
And the LS engines are unmistakably the king of the hill in PUSHROD performance.

This is a whole new ball game. Modular engines function differently than pushrods; at the core it is still an air pump, sure, but there are design elements in play that make HUGE power possible out of not a lot of displacement.

Here's a nice thing to know. The more efficient the engine design, the better it will be at using the combustion to produce power instead of heat. When you have additional unnecessary moving parts (like....pushrods and in the case of the Coyote they even ridded themselves of the lifters!) you have a lower ceiling for power output because you're wasting lots of it with friction. Lower moving parts = less friction = less heat = less wasted energy = higher numbers are possible.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
But, if you truly want a good example... Have you heard of this little sport called NASCAR where all of their small blocks make something like 700-800hp n/a and 600+ tq? But, ya know, they must be lieing too... Since we're discussing displacement vs. tq/hp... But, whatever :)

zigroid1985

Established Member
And the LS engines are unmistakably the king of the hill in PUSHROD performance.

This is a whole new ball game. Modular engines function differently than pushrods; at the core it is still an air pump, sure, but there are design elements in play that make HUGE power possible out of not a lot of displacement.

Here's a nice thing to know. The more efficient the engine design, the better it will be at using the combustion to produce power instead of heat. When you have additional unnecessary moving parts (like....pushrods and in the case of the Coyote they even ridded themselves of the lifters!) you have a lower ceiling for power output because you're wasting lots of it with friction. Lower moving parts = less friction = less heat = less wasted energy = higher numbers are possible.
I didnt want this to turn in to a mod motor vs LS engine but you are a tard. you really think the lack of pushrods means anything when you have 3 extra cams to spin and 8 feet of timing chain? youre just pulling shit out of your ass and it smells just like it. youre basically saying modular engines function differently than any engine, not just pushrod engines. that means they function differently than any other naturally aspirated 4 stroke engine, is that what youre saying? it doesnt matter how air gets in to an engine it just matters that air gets in to the engine.
But, if you truly want a good example... Have you heard of this little sport called NASCAR where all of their small blocks make something like 700-800hp n/a and 600+ tq? But, ya know, they must be lieing too... Since we're discussing displacement vs. tq/hp... But, whatever :)
you just dont get it... I could give two shits less about hp/displacement because that is ricer math. tq/displacement is the argument here. 424 rwtq is not happening in a 5.0L engine because its damn near impossible. do you have some reliable sources that say a nascar engine makes 600 tq? 600 tq out of a 5.8L engine is not possible. if they did make 600 tq they would NOT need to rev to almost 10k rpm to make 850 hp. can you actually use your brain for a moment instead of viewing this as a personal attack on fords? if I saw an LS1 making 485 rwtq (which is the same tq/displacement a 424 rwtq 5.0L is making) I would call BS too.

here is one for the both of you:
List of automotive superlatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Highest specific torque (torque/unit displacement)
The mean effective pressure (MEP) is a useful comparison tool, giving the average cylinder pressure exerted on the piston.
* Petrol engine (naturally-aspirated) - MEP 15.1 bar, 120.03 N·m (89 ft·lbf) per litre - Ferrari 458 Italia 540 N·m (398 ft·lbf)
a 5.0L making the same specific output would be making 445 ft lbs at the flywheel. does ford know something ferrari doesnt?

or even here
Brake Mean Effective Pressure (BMEP): The Performance Yardstick
At the end of the 2006 season, most of these F1 engines ran up to 20,000 RPM in a race, and made in the vicinity of 750 HP. One engine for which I have the figures made 755 BHP at an astonishing 19,250 RPM. At a peak power of 755 HP, the torque is 206 lb-ft and peak-power BMEP would be 212 psi. (14.63 bar). Peak torque of 214 lb-ft occurred at 17,000 RPM for a BMEP of 220 psi (15.18 bar). There can be no argument that 212 psi at 19,250 RPM is truly amazing.
a BMEP of 220 psi in a 5.0L engine would be 440 ft lbs. does ford know something F1 engineers dont know?
or maybe a nascar engine?
At the end of the 2006 season, the engines were producing in the neighborhood of 825 HP at 9000 RPM (and could produce more at 10,000 RPM, but engine RPM has been restricted by means of a rule limiting the final drive ratio at each venue). (NOTE: As of early 2010, those same engines are now exceeding 860 BHP, with RPM restricted by the same "gear rule".) 825 HP at 9000 RPM requires 481 lb-ft of torque, for a peak-power BMEP of nearly 203 PSI (14.0 bar). Peak torque was typically about 520 lb-ft at 7500 RPM, for a peak BMEP of over 219 psi (15.1 bar).
520 lb ft in a 358" engine is about 438 ft lbs in a 5.0L engine. does ford know something nascar engineers dont know?

now, I will say again, the dyno numbers are bogus.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I didnt want this to turn in to a mod motor vs LS engine but you are a tard. you really think the lack of pushrods means anything when you have 3 extra cams to spin and 8 feet of timing chain? youre just pulling shit out of your ass and it smells just like it. youre basically saying modular engines function differently than any engine, not just pushrod engines. that means they function differently than any other naturally aspirated 4 stroke engine, is that what youre saying? it doesnt matter how air gets in to an engine it just matters that air gets in to the engine.

you just dont get it... I could give two shits less about hp/displacement because that is ricer math. tq/displacement is the argument here. 424 rwtq is not happening in a 5.0L engine because its damn near impossible. do you have some reliable sources that say a nascar engine makes 600 tq? 600 tq out of a 5.8L engine is not possible. if they did make 600 tq they would NOT need to rev to almost 10k rpm to make 850 hp. can you actually use your brain for a moment instead of viewing this as a personal attack on fords? if I saw an LS1 making 485 rwtq (which is the same tq/displacement a 424 rwtq 5.0L is making) I would call BS too.

a 5.0L making the same specific output would be making 445 ft lbs at the flywheel. does ford know something ferrari doesnt?

or even here

a BMEP of 220 psi in a 5.0L engine would be 440 ft lbs. does ford know something F1 engineers dont know?

520 lb ft in a 358" engine is about 438 ft lbs in a 5.0L engine. does ford know something nascar engineers dont know?

Sorry bro you are high and your logics simply don't make sense. Show me a nascar motor that only made 520ftlbs?? I'd love to see it. Or even better please call Shaun at AED and explain to him that his dyno is bogus and that he didn't get those numbers.. I'm sure he would love to teach you a thing or two about engines. Have you even built an engine before?? Do you even understand how they work?? Clearly not. And yes I have built more engines that I an count. So get off your high horse, or call AED and tell them they are full of shit.. If you don't do either just GTFO as you are cluttering up a good thread. :rollseyes

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
hmm... well
SAE was 422/409.
STD was 437/424.

Here is another 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 It has the stock fuel system, long tube headers, cold air, 4.10 gears, twin disk clutch, that's running very close to the same tq.

Red = 93 Octane. Blue = E85.
picture.php

how was it again that these cars cant make good TQ?
Completely different tuner...
(just showing the new 5.0, yes with technology, is a different game.)

Last edited:

zigroid1985

Established Member
Sorry bro you are high and your logics simply don't make sense. Show me a nascar motor that only made 520ftlbs?? I'd love to see it.
show me one that makes a substantial amount more.
Or even better please call Shaun at AED and explain to him that his dyno is bogus and that he didn't get those numbers.. I'm sure he would love to teach you a thing or two about engines.
What secrets are going to be revealed?
Have you even built an engine before??
yes.
Do you even understand how they work??
yes.
Clearly not. And yes I have built more engines that I an count.
yeah so has the guy down the road that hones his cylinders with a pine cone.
So get off your high horse, or call AED and tell them they are full of shit.. If you don't do either just GTFO as you are cluttering up a good thread. :rollseyes
there is no high horse Im on. the new 5.0L doesnt defy the laws of physics. there is only going to be so much torque an engine can generate from its given displacement. this is fact. you guys just love using your dickskinners on eachother over inflated dyno numbers.
hmm... well
SAE was 422/409.
STD was 437/424.

Here is another 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 It has the stock fuel system, long tube headers, cold air, 4.10 gears, twin disk clutch, that's running very close to the same tq.

Red = 93 Octane. Blue = E85.
picture.php

how was it again that these cars cant make good TQ?
Completely different tuner...
(just showing the new 5.0, yes with technology, is a different game.)
cool, you guys do know that dynos can be manipulated by their operators or can be simply miscalibrated, right?

why havent any other engines reached the heights these amazing new 5.0s are reaching?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member

or even here

How old are you?

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
I guess we will just have to let the track numbers do the talking?

wait wait wait, i'm sure even with video you guys wont believe that either...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread