2007 GT500 build..

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Are you going to run without the swaybar up front? That weight savings from the support would put my car with me in it under 4,000 pounds... hmmm...

edit: nm, looks like you got the sway bar delete version. Let us know when you get it installed.

BTW, youll love the WOT box. :) excellent customer support too!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you going to run without the swaybar up front? That weight savings from the support would put my car with me in it under 4,000 pounds... hmmm...

Yessir.

Just took her for a drive and the unbiased truth (rad support only $80--if no swaybar sucked I'd say it) is that you can BARELY notice the difference. The car actually drives a little nicer (softer) up front.

Did a 1-2-3-4 freeway blast to speeds that I shouldn't have and I absolutely couldn't tell a difference at speed other than the front end of the car lifting easier under acceleration.

My goal is also to be under 4000 with me in the car. The sway bar delete and drag pack should put the car right at 3800 lbs. Im 185 so with any luck i'll be under 4k race weight.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
hmmmm...... for $80 bucks that sounds like a great addition in chassis performance and weight savings... Damnit.. well i know what Im buying next pay period haha. That weight transfer feature plus some Strange S187 single adjustable drag strut would easily finish my front end.

sleek98

Established Member
I can’t tell the difference when i pulled the sway bar off the front. The front comes up easier is really the only difference. I really want to get to a scale next spring to see how much my car weighs. I’m hoping for sub 4,000. Drag pack, bmr k member, Bps motor brackets, no sway bar up front. But the auto adds weight as well as the trunk tank.

The slicks should help a ton with the 60 foot

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Spent some time Sunday installing the WOTBox. Physical install is easy although very little room/wire to work with which is kind of a pain. I ended up extending a few of the wires.

What was NOT easy, however, was getting the damn n2mb software to communicate with my laptop. Holy crap what an ordeal. I installed several drivers, must have restarted my laptop 20 times, delete, reinstall drivers, re verify correct COM port, nothing. I messed with it for 4 hours and was pissed! Went to bed, slept on it. Woke up and emailed n2mb Monday morning.

They replied within 10 min and had me do a system reset by running the "recovery procedure". That fixed the problem and now the software interface communicates perfectly with my laptop and with the wotbox itself.

I write this for anyone who is having similar trouble. Drove me crazy for hours.

I have not tried the Wotbox yet, but will get to that this week and try to get some video of it in action.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@gimmie11s : Dude...... using the WOT Box is addictive a/f. Youll find excuses to get to WOT to use it haha

Same thing happened to me when i installed. I wasnt too happy it wasnt cooperati9ng, but N2MB Racing has been second to none in customer service.

Last edited:

jayames

Established Member
Nice write up. I'm planning on doing the same next spring. What spark plugs are you running? How do you like the throttle body? Good idle, throttle response?

avgt500

Established Member
I've heard that bouncing off the wot box at any rpm is flirting with a lower sprocket/cam chain failure, don't know if it vis true but I just use my M2MB for the shift kill, works bitchin tho.

Tighteyes

Established Member
amazing I too am undergoing a full motor build... i mean completely new motor......my dream car became my nightmare.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice write up. I'm planning on doing the same next spring. What spark plugs are you running? How do you like the throttle body? Good idle, throttle response?

Plugs are the motorcraft 471's...

Love the throttle body. Literally drives like stock. Lots of people say that, rarely is it true.

One of the big benefits of going twin bore TB is you will retain excellent low speed drivability which was important to me.

Idle is dead nuts solid and throttle response is very good.

I've heard that bouncing off the wot box at any rpm is flirting with a lower sprocket/cam chain failure, don't know if it vis true but I just use my M2MB for the shift kill, works bitchin tho.

I think the bigger concern is the guide pins. 11-14 cars have the weak 6mm screw in pins that like to break from lots of 2 step activity.

Iron motor guys like us have the 8mm pressed in pins which are much stronger.

amazing I too am undergoing a full motor build... i mean completely new motor......my dream car became my nightmare.

Oh no! Motor builds can be fun... bigger and better!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member

The same can be said about bouncing off the rev limiter. Not good for valve train components.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There have been some guys on the S550 forum that have broken OPG's and the crank sprocket from over revving.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The same can be said about bouncing off the rev limiter. Not good for valve train components.

There have been some guys on the S550 forum that have broken OPG's and the crank sprocket from over revving.

All good points. Good news is, if she shits the bed from me beating the hell out of it, a replacement iron motor is relatively cheap.

Today's update.. got the WOTbox buttoned up and dailed in.

HoLeeChit. Its so bad ass. Cannot wait to get a new time on this turd. 1/4 track doesnt open until end of Jan which sucks.

However, there is an 1/8 mile track open every Thursday night that i might go to soon just to scratch the itch.

Going to try and get some video of the WOTbox this weekend.

Tighteyes

Established Member

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@gimmie11s Would you say your satisfied with the Trinity TVS or would you have considered a Gen 2R if the price was right?

Not sure if VMP will reduce price on the 2R once the Gen 3 hits, but if they do it might make me consider going for one. Then again a 2R might have more unused potential on my stock long block than i can justify the price over a Trinity.

On the other hand, port and weld services are available for a Trinity TVS should i ever need more flow.... decisions decisions.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@gimmie11s Would you say your satisfied with the Trinity TVS or would you have considered a Gen 2R if the price was right?

Not sure if VMP will reduce price on the 2R once the Gen 3 hits, but if they do it might make me consider going for one. Then again a 2R might have more unused potential on my stock long block than i can justify the price over a Trinity.

On the other hand, port and weld services are available for a Trinity TVS should i ever need more flow.... decisions decisions.

Ah yes... the same exact debacle I was in a few months back.

Truthfully, what decided it for me was when I realized how cheap a brand new trinity is.....under $1800?? deal of the century IMO. Choice was clear for me.

Of course, like everything, it depends on your goals. Do you every plan to build the motor? Do you plan to keep the car forever? If yes to both, wait for the 2650.

If you don't plan to build the motor, then buy a trinity.

From everything ive read, the gen 2 and gen 2R only outperform the trinity once you get to the max effort level i.e. 10% or 15% lower plus a 2.4 and headers.

And once you get to that point, you can always have the trinity ported and be damn near as effective as the gen2r.

I'll probably port the Trinity myself if I ever take it that far.

Im telling you...even with the stock pulleys this fuggin car pulls HARD AF! Shit eating grin every time I drive it.

The difference between m122 and the trinity really is HUGE. I didn't expect it to be honest.

I cant imagine a max effort lower/upper/headers/e85 car. Must be one wild ride for sure.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I cant imagine a max effort lower/upper/headers/e85 car. Must be one wild ride for sure.
It is :)
So I have the WOT box installed but what settings are you guys using?
Screenshot?
I'll be using the WOT no lift shift and 2-step but want to use the 2-step only at the strip and very judiciously.

Also I respectfully disagree I definitely miss the sway bar with street 20s up front. Can't notice it unhooked on the 18x5s.
I just disconnect mine at track and wire tie it up but I saw some quick disconnect that might work.
Anyone make a lightweight front hollow swaybar?

Love the build man and good to see you and lexustech doing drag builds.
Big props.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It is :)
So I have the WOT box installed but what settings are you guys using?
Screenshot?
I'll be using the WOT no lift shift and 2-step but want to use the 2-step only at the strip and very judiciously.

Also I respectfully disagree I definitely miss the sway bar with street 20s up front. Can't notice it unhooked on the 18x5s.
I just disconnect mine at track and wire tie it up but I saw some quick disconnect that might work.
Anyone make a lightweight front hollow swaybar?

Love the build man and good to see you and lexustech doing drag builds.
Big props.
-J

Your car is a monster.

I'll screen shot my wotbox settings... I have the 2step at 3000 rpm and the no lift dead time at 200 ms. Absolutely love it.

The sway bar doesn't bother me. I've actually been rolling around on bias ply drag set up on the street and while handling is certainly NOT there, I accept the trade off for great forward traction.

Users who are viewing this thread