2007 GT500 build..

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ive resigned myself to the fact that Ill need to upgrade my fuel system to a return system. Yes, $2500 plus injectors is a lot to run ethanol, even if its only E54. The increased oil change intervals arent something Im looking forward to either.

But the anti knock and timing and cooler combustion temp benefits are... hard to ignore. A 2.3 TVS based blower with a 15% lower and 2.4" upper is nasty, but ethanol will be needed to run it all the time like that.

Positive is that with a swappable pulley hub, you can run 91 on the street if you need to go on a road trip. Then when youre back home you can pulley down and get back on the corn.

Like J, if Im going through the trouble to install one only a Fore system will do. Deatschwerks EV14 95 lb/hr are OEM style Ethanol injectors. For an extra $300 you can get ID 1050X's.

cgaulzetti

Established Member
this is a great thread. i just followed your advice and am picking up a trinity TVS with the elbow and a whipple throttle body from a guy who had it on his car for a few miles and is selling the thing and parting out his junk. it seems like a pretty simple install and an easy way to get a lot more power.
i LOVE the MT tires- I had them on my old Dodge Scat Pack and it made the the thing a drivable car on the street. I'm thinking I'm going to replace the Pilot Sports on there now with them. You mentioned you run square 18x10 for street- my car is much more of a road car with coilovers and the like although I drag race it twice a month- but what are you running for front tires? Part of me just wants to follow the bad advice some of the autocross guys are suggesting and just run 285/40/18 Mickey ET Street S/S all around and be able to rotate them. The tires are super grippy and the sidewalls feel super stiff to me.
But what are you running? If I have square sizes I hate having different tires.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I wouldnt hold your breath getting traction at Qualcomm. Like at all. There is no grip there, even with S/S tires and you new suspension. I raced there all the time when I lived in SD. Grreat for some fun and to get to know your car. Barona is you best bet for any kind of real timed measure of your car's performance. Great track and prep. You definitely hook on it with Mickeys.

Forget what the autocrossers are saying. Drag radials on the front of car is asking for trouble. Keep your Michelins up front and your S/S tires on the back. Buy a new set of Mickeys when they wear out. The DR wont respond to steering inputs and braking like a street tire. Even with matching front and rear rim sizes, I wouldnt chance it even if it bugs you.

Users who are viewing this thread