2007 GT500 build..

RedZR

Established Member
I sure am. The first few driving logs he only had me rev'ing to 4500 rpm. Last night was actually my first WOT log to 6200 and HOLY CRAP. I about shat myself.

I went out pretty late.. about 11pm and found a desolate road.

Great Job !!
I was a rookie on data logging and I captured the MPH. After downloading the information from one of my sessions I noticed that I was going over 120mph (it did not seem that fast). However, the impressive thing was to look at how quickly it went from 50mph to that 120. Mine has a 2.4 pulley and it still amazes me how quick these cars are.

I am hopeful for some good numbers for you!

Dan

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dan how much boost are you seeing with the 2.4? With the cooler weather I have around my house, I am getting right at 15 psi with the stock pulley and stock exhaust manifolds.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
She made 643whp and 596wtq. Im super stoked on how much power it made on minimal mods. This setup is still on stock upper and lower pulleys.

Quick video and the dyno print out is below.

Thanks again to Jon at Lund for the frickin amazing tune up!! This car drives around nicer than stock at low speed (literally!!) and will absolutely destroy the tires when you lay into it! What's not to like!?!?

Happy camper!

@ZYBORG here is your video... :p

IMG_4881.JPG

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff man!! Nice numbers. Car sounds killer.
Enjoy the new power bro!

moncho

Established Member
Congrats! Those are some awesome numbers! It's gotta feel great to have all that power!

Well done!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff man!! Nice numbers. Car sounds killer.
Enjoy the new power bro!

Thanks bud!

Congrats! Those are some awesome numbers! It's gotta feel great to have all that power!

Well done!

Car feels good. Took the little lady for a ride yesterday and did a WOT 2nd to top of 3rd pull.

She says it makes her "sick" feeling in her stomach. LOL

Congrats man. Awesome numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY sir!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish they had the N gauge when I built mine, I have the X4, you need a masters in engineering to datalog.

I can relate! Lund also tuned my 2014 GT when it had a Paxton on it and I had the x4 at the time. He revised that tune about 7 times and holy hell it SUCKED each time I had to run out and log for him.

The nGauge is a complete game changer for sure.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I can relate! Lund also tuned my 2014 GT when it had a Paxton on it and I had the x4 at the time. He revised that tune about 7 times and holy hell it SUCKED each time I had to run out and log for him.

The nGauge is a complete game changer for sure.

gimmie,

Can you elaborwte between the differences in data logging with the sct x4 vs the nGauge?

sleek98

Established Member
gimmie,

Can you elaborwte between the differences in data logging with the sct x4 vs the nGauge?

Ngauge - he sends a datalog file, you drag it into the config folder. Go into the diag>Datalog>(file that was sent) when your ready to log you tap the screen. when your done you tap the screen again. No laptop needed. If the car turns off it autosaves the file, the plug comes undone, it autosaves the file.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
gimmie,

Ngauge - he sends a datalog file, you drag it into the config folder. Go into the diag>Datalog>(file that was sent) when your ready to log you tap the screen. when your done you tap the screen again. No laptop needed. If the car turns off it autosaves the file, the plug comes undone, it autosaves the file.

Yep! nGauge is shipped with a 4 gig mini SD card that will hold all of your tunes and datalogs right on the gauge itself. I simply unplug it when Im done logging and walk the gauge into the house and email the log to the tuner. Or you could pull out the SD card instead of the whole gauge (probably a better idea).

This is in contrast to the x4 process where, in order to datalog, you must have the x4 plugged into the car's OBD port and also hooked to your laptop which is riding in the passenger seat via a usb cable. That is the hardware part. In addition to this, you have to have the SCT Livelink software downloaded onto your laptop as this is the program you will use to datalog. The software itself isn't that bad to navigate through, but just too many added steps.

None of it is hard with the x4, just lots of steps, time consuming, multiple devices with multiple files and programs, and hauling hardware around.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Thanks a lot.

Have you had yours down the track or dyno'd ?

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight haha. Going to try and get a few runs in at the 1/4 track this weekend too.

Good times!

Nope, never dyno'd or tracked it. Just fun to play with when going to pick up KFC.......

Nice numbers (643whp). From what I read I could expect around 625 +/-

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, never dyno'd or tracked it. Just fun to play with when going to pick up KFC.......

Nice numbers (643whp). From what I read I could expect around 625 +/-

Very nice.. and thanks!

Bad AF man. Congrats.

...I think I'm tired of mild bolt on setup as well. Haha

This is a cheap way to get over the "mild bolt-on" blues!

Thanks for the kind words.

Great job on the car and a great write up as well !

TY sir! Im enjoying the heck out of this car. She's a brute.

Users who are viewing this thread