2007 GT500 build..

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car is a monster.

I'll screen shot my wotbox settings... I have the 2step at 3000 rpm and the no lift dead time at 200 ms. Absolutely love it.

The sway bar doesn't bother me. I've actually been rolling around on bias ply drag set up on the street and while handling is certainly NOT there, I accept the trade off for great forward traction.
I hear you there on drag fronts I just didn't want guys running 19-20" wide rubber to think they won't miss a swaybar on the street.
If you're cool with 18s, the 325/45/18 Hoosier DR2 pro compound tires simply can't be beat for traction. Now they're 30" and you can't be slammed but they fit perfectvon 18x10.5 dragstars.
But by being tall you can run 4.10s and not notice on street and then have 28.5" bias ply ET Street Rs on 17x9.5s
My car on not warm roads surprised me hooking HARD in second on those tall Hoosiers.
Still gotta have bias plus for strip!
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Got her set up for drag duty.... dressed to kill!!

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5074.JPG

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@biminiLX

Here is a screen shot of my current settings and also a shot of what im going to load up.

Current

IMG_5079.JPG

Going to try this next. Adjusted the dead time (ms) and also going to play with the tps settings a bit to make it engage a little later in the pedal's travel.

IMG_5080.JPG

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@biminiLX

Here is a screen shot of my current settings and also a shot of what im going to load up.

Current

View attachment 1451995

Going to try this next. Adjusted the dead time (ms) and also going to play with the tps settings a bit to make it engage a little later in the pedal's travel.

View attachment 1451996
To be honest, i left my ignition cut on auto. Maybe try that and see if you like it

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@gimmie11s It uses your cruise control clutch switch to detect when you have pushed the clutch in to make a shift. It will keep your ignition cut while the clutch is out. If you can make a quick shift, it should make your shift smooth.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ah yes... the same exact debacle I was in a few months back.

Truthfully, what decided it for me was when I realized how cheap a brand new trinity is.....under $1800?? deal of the century IMO. Choice was clear for me.

Of course, like everything, it depends on your goals. Do you every plan to build the motor? Do you plan to keep the car forever? If yes to both, wait for the 2650.

If you don't plan to build the motor, then buy a trinity.

From everything ive read, the gen 2 and gen 2R only outperform the trinity once you get to the max effort level i.e. 10% or 15% lower plus a 2.4 and headers.

And once you get to that point, you can always have the trinity ported and be damn near as effective as the gen2r.

I'll probably port the Trinity myself if I ever take it that far.

Im telling you...even with the stock pulleys this fuggin car pulls HARD AF! Shit eating grin every time I drive it.

The difference between m122 and the trinity really is HUGE. I didn't expect it to be honest.

I cant imagine a max effort lower/upper/headers/e85 car. Must be one wild ride for sure.

Eventually I know Ill pull the engine for stronger rods pistons and a timing system upgrade. I also can tell you my car wont be going anywhere as long as I can help it. After a little more news about the Gen3 has come out, I think its in my interest to wait for it.

At this point Im not ruling any upgrade path out, and this includes a Whipple 2.9 v. VMP Gen3 debate. I genuinely hope someone with a GT500 does a 2.9 Gen 3 and VMP Gen 3 head to head. I get the feeling though that the TVS 2650 rotor pack will best the Whipple and KB offerings in that segment. Hell, it might be so good that its true competition is the Whipple 3.4L or KB 3.6L!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Eventually I know Ill pull the engine for stronger rods pistons and a timing system upgrade. I also can tell you my car wont be going anywhere as long as I can help it. After a little more news about the Gen3 has come out, I think its in my interest to wait for it.

At this point Im not ruling any upgrade path out, and this includes a Whipple 2.9 v. VMP Gen3 debate. I genuinely hope someone with a GT500 does a 2.9 Gen 3 and VMP Gen 3 head to head. I get the feeling though that the TVS 2650 rotor pack will best the Whipple and KB offerings in that segment. Hell, it might be so good that its true competition is the Whipple 3.4L or KB 3.6L!
I sure hope so. I spoke with Magnason at PRI and they said it's made over 1100rwhp on a 6.2 LS Chevy and my lightly ported 5.8 should flow better.
At 965rwhp now I'm expecting to simply bolt on 150rwhp but we will see.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@gimmie11s Have you tried your car with the WOT Box in auto yet? Thoughts?

No sir. However--

I drove her to work yesterday with the current (new) setting i posted above with the 175ms.

Scared the shit out of me because i got her to shoot flames for the first time along with a loud POW!! when I NLS 2nd to 3rd.

Seems with the quicker setting it now wants to backfire on shifts LOL.

I'll def try the Auto setting this weekend. Having a lot of fun with this car lately.

Next event is Roll Racing America on Jan 5th in Fontana at California Speedway... dont remember if i mentioned that or not.

I ordered some new Mickey Thompson ET Street SS in 305/35r18 today because the event doesnt allow bias ply slicks (boo) and my 555r's are already begging for mercy.

Ill post some pics when the new tires come in.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Those ET Street S/S radials are a good tire. Definitely usable on the street. I love Hoosiers, but even their DOT radials are BARELY DOT legal, lol. Id confidently run S/S radials on the street. Still a Hoosier Bias ply slick man though haha

Users who are viewing this thread