2007 GT500 build..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice work around, actually looks real good and there's always that satisfaction of sorting it out yourself.

Ive been a DIY guy for quite some time. Shop is outfitted pretty well so I can knock out just about anything auto related--other than paint! Never got into that although id like to. Thanks for the compliment!

The torque that the TVS makes is incredible. I have the same set up (with a BAP) and my 2008 did 621 at the wheels. Since then I added a throttle body.

If your suspension is stock please be careful- if the boost comes up at the top of 2nd gear or early in 3rd the tires will break loose. Quite an experience to spin the tires at 50mph!

Man, I cant wait to feel it! Just finished my first datalog for Lund. Idle time, couple 15 second free revs and a few SLLLOOOWWW pulls to 4500. I cant wait to lay into it!

Good to know you made 621... id be happy with that given my mod list.

Very nice work OP. Love the build clean GT500. You going to dyno it when done?

Thank you! I will dyno it yes, but that wont come for quite some time.. I'll wait for a local dyno day or something cheap. Since I paid a pretty penny for the remote tuning and NGauge package, I wont spring for a local dyno tune.

I will take it to the track and get some times on it though. That will happen in November with any luck.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ive been a DIY guy for quite some time. Shop is outfitted pretty well so I can knock out just about anything auto related--other than paint! Never got into that although id like to. Thanks for the compliment!

Man, I cant wait to feel it! Just finished my first datalog for Lund. Idle time, couple 15 second free revs and a few SLLLOOOWWW pulls to 4500. I cant wait to lay into it!

Good to know you made 621... id be happy with that given my mod list.

Thank you! I will dyno it yes, but that wont come for quite some time.. I'll wait for a local dyno day or something cheap. Since I paid a pretty penny for the remote tuning and NGauge package, I wont spring for a local dyno tune.

I will take it to the track and get some times on it though. That will happen in November with any luck.

Nothing wrong with that really liking how your doing a budget type build. Will you eventually go with the new TVS down the road? Also really jelly of what you GT500 guys can get away with on your fuel systems I never knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm a budget kind of guy! Lol. Yes... very happy with how this is coming along so far.

Will I buy the new TVS when it comes out? Not right away but I'm sure I will eventually, yes.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
She turned 10,000 miles last night during my log for Lund and i missed the perfect 0's pic!

Also.... I sent Lund my first datalog last night at 9pm and i had a tune revision in my email box this morning at 0900. He is quick and the car is already running great!

10.JPG

RedZR

Established Member
Are you doing a "driving" data log where you have to hold it open at full throttle for a few seconds? I was doing that earlier this summer on mine and it was very difficult to find somewhere to do it (and not get caught). I was shocked at how quickly the car picks up speed in 3rd gear when the petal is flat on the mat.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you doing a "driving" data log where you have to hold it open at full throttle for a few seconds? I was doing that earlier this summer on mine and it was very difficult to find somewhere to do it (and not get caught). I was shocked at how quickly the car picks up speed in 3rd gear when the petal is flat on the mat.

I sure am. The first few driving logs he only had me rev'ing to 4500 rpm. Last night was actually my first WOT log to 6200 and HOLY CRAP. I about shat myself.

I went out pretty late.. about 11pm and found a desolate road.

Got a lot done this weekend. Car is pretty much wrapped up. I spent a lot of time on the interior getting the wiring knocked out for the Zeitronix box. This box, for those that don't have one, is an aweome--MUST HAVE--piece for us 07-10 guys. The unit comes from Lund with a Wideband AND a 50psi pressure sensor for the boost gauge function.

I tapped into the pressure source on the lower manifold that runs to the pass side fuel rail for my boost sensor. I didn't have any conduit laying around so I used some old fiber-braided fuel line to wrap the wires in. Worked out perfectly. I ran the wires and the lead for the 02 sensor down the pass side firewall and into the interior just below where the antenna (yellow wire in the pic below is the antenna) enters the vehicle. You have to pull the pass side wheel-liner to gain access... easy as pie.

IMG_4852.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

And a quick view of the 6 pack of gauges im running:

1. Engine coolant temp
2. Wideband AFR
3. Boost pressure
4. Timing
5. IAT 1
6. IAT 2

I love this gauge! The ease of datalogging is worth the price of admission almost by itself.. no more laptops!

IMG_4857.JPG

And a couple pics of the engine bay once I got her cleaned up a little.

IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_4863.JPG

IMG_4864.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Congrats! Well thought-out & tastefully done. That Black Whipple TB looks awesome and more importantly should give you lot's of potential. That nGauge setup thru LR with the Zeitronix sensors in my opinion is the way to go & that's the route I'll take as well. Do you know if you got the 4.2 or the 4.9 sensor, not a big deal on which one just wondering. The connector size to the Zeitronix box would be a way to find out. The connector size on the controller: 1" = 4.9 & 1.25" = 4.2. I think the ZT-2 systems ship with the 4.2.
The new found power has got to be addictive, you're covered a lot of ground to get to this point. You've done it right, using the nGauge it's just the smart thing to do, no guessing or wondering where the critical triggers are. Did you put the bung on the drivers side? Any pics on location? Since you completed a WOT with a data log, would you be able to share it or PM it to me? You may have some more tweaking from LR yet so you may have to run another dala-log.

Job well done, enjoy!

Cheers,
Ray

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Well thought-out & tastefully done. That Black Whipple TB looks awesome and more importantly should give you lot's of potential. That nGauge setup thru LR with the Zeitronix sensors in my opinion is the way to go & that's the route I'll take as well. Do you know if you got the 4.2 or the 4.9 sensor, not a big deal on which one just wondering. The connector size to the Zeitronix box would be a way to find out. The connector size on the controller: 1" = 4.9 & 1.25" = 4.2. I think the ZT-2 systems ship with the 4.2.
The new found power has got to be addictive, you're covered a lot of ground to get to this point. You've done it right, using the nGauge it's just the smart thing to do, no guessing or wondering where the critical triggers are. Did you put the bung on the drivers side? Any pics on location? Since you completed a WOT with a data log, would you be able to share it or PM it to me? You may have some more tweaking from LR yet so you may have to run another dala-log.

Job well done, enjoy!

Cheers,
Ray

Thanks.. I really appreciate the kind words. Now you have me wondering about which sensor they shipped me. I will jack up the car today and look. Talking to Jon II, he said to install the sensor on the driver's side in the 2nd (after cat) O2 location--which I did. I have a SW offroad X pipe so this was easy for me.

I'd be happy to send you my log.. give me some time to finish this thing up and ill do that.

Last night's log he had me at 15* timing moving to 16 after 5000 rpm. Today he gave me "more timing" so i'll be excited to see how much that is once I log for him again today.

Cant wait to see some videos of this thing!

Me either lol. This car currently has 555r drag radials. Last night weather was good.. about 63 degrees outside. I did a couple WOT pulls for Lund and the thing totally spun them on a 2nd gear roll on. The mid range is impressive for sure. Redline comes FAST. I was a little shocked with how hard it hit considering stock pulleys!

Im pretty pumped to take it out today with the increased timing... should be pretty beastly.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Make us a video! Lol...

In regards to the n-gauge... you really like it that much more over the sct x4 (im guessing thats what you had experience with before)...?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The nGauge is legit. Ive datalogged with the x4 2 years ago with my coyote car and carrying the laptop around is a PITA. That along with saving all of your config files, logs, and tunes in folders all over the place gets annoying.

ALL of your files (tunes, datalogs, log configs) are stored on the nGauge itself. The gauge ships with a 4gig mini SD card. Its almost like youre carrying around a mini laptop with you all the time.

Its an awesome piece. I cant see going back to the x4 to be honest.

Also.. possible video tomorrow.. I may have lined up some dyno time... more on that later!

moncho

Established Member
Cool that sounds great. One step @ a time, that's for sure. I noticed on the pic you have an idler belt tension-er on top. Was this to avoid any potential belt slip? As I understand you have a stock upper & lower, correct? Would a 90mm idler work as well?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool that sounds great. One step @ a time, that's for sure. I noticed on the pic you have an idler belt tension-er on top. Was this to avoid any potential belt slip? As I understand you have a stock upper & lower, correct? Would a 90mm idler work as well?

Stock pulleys (upper and lower) on the TVS set up, yes. Prior to this install I had a 2.6" on the m122 so I added that aux pulley for assurance against belt slip.

I'll eventually pulley down on this set up too, so I left it.

I crawled under the car. They definitely shipped the 4.2 with my kit. Here are a couple pics with one of the mounting that you wanted to see. Wideband o2 is on the right in the pic below.

IMG_4870.JPG

4.2 sensor.

IMG_4871.JPG

moncho

Established Member
Stock pulleys (upper and lower) on the TVS set up, yes. Prior to this install I had a 2.6" on the m122 so I added that aux pulley for assurance against belt slip.

I'll eventually pulley down on this set up too, so I left it.

I crawled under the car. They definitely shipped the 4.2 with my kit. Here are a couple pics with one of the mounting that you wanted to see. Wideband o2 is on the right in the pic below.

View attachment 1441937

4.2 sensor.

View attachment 1441938

That's what I was thinking on the idler, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Thanks for taking the pic of the bung/sensor placement. Looks like an easily accessible spot and appears to work just dandy. Shouldn't be any concerns on the 4.2 sensor as they've been using them for a while. And in order to get the nGauge package deal I really don't think there's an option. I think if you turn the ignition just for the electronics w/o starting the car it gives the sensor time to reference a good air simple? As I understand the 4.9 doesn't reference the air @ all it's strictly electronic referenced. Most OEM's now use them. Not a deal breaker @ all.

Cheers,
Ray

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff man! Congrats on the mods. Nice clean install with that OEM feel.
(I don't know how I missed this thread. :confused:)

Users who are viewing this thread