2007 GT500 build..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Decided to carve out some space to document my build. Got tired of a mild bolt on 5.4 condor and wanted more.

Truth is, ive been painstakingly waiting for the R2650 to come out in VMP form, but restlessness got the best of me and for good reason!

I found a BRAND NEW Trinity TVS for under $1800. I ended up getting the blower, elbow and o ring gasket for well UNDER $2000 ($1973 all-in with shipping to be exact) from Tasca utilizing their 5% off discount. Amazing! Once i found out i could get a NEW tvs for that amount, i had to pull the trigger and said screw it. BTW.. Steve from Tasca on this website is a Champion! Very responsive and upgraded my shipping because the gasket was on back order... Still only took a week from order to product on my counter top... Good group over at Tasca and price cant be beat.

Since i was budgeting for a VMP product, i now had lots of $$ left over so.....

Also added these fun parts:

--New 13/14 52 lb injectors
--New Whipple 68mm dual bore TB (wanted stock-like drivability and i did NOT want shiny).
--Perhaps most exciting of all--the Lund tuning package which includes a Zeitronix wideband, their NGauge, and 6 months (i think?) of tuning/datalogging.---Correction, its 3 months of logging and tune revisions with this package.

Lund tuned my Paxton Coyote before i went turbo and they absolutely know their Ford products. Shout out to John Nardi at Lund... Amazing Amazing customer service!!! Guy is a total stud.. answered all of my stupid redundant questions like a pro and then shipped the product SAME day with 2 day shipping!!! Awesome guy...

Super stoked about this thing!!! More to come..........

EDIT: For anyone interested in doing this, these are the Ford part numbers.

DR3Z-6F066-A-- Supercharger. Can be had for about $1750 after discounts.
DR3Z-9A589-A--Elbow. Can be had for ~$145 or so.
DR3Z-9L437-A--O-ring gasket for elbow. $12.

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The 07-10 cars have a pretty stout fuel system... Injectors-only similar to what Im doing will take you to 650-700whp. Add a BAP and you can get to 750 or slightly higher. After that a full return system is recommended.

The fuel systems continue to get better with each generation GT500 too.. 11-12 have a programmable BAP built in and the 13-14 cars are better again with dual Coyote pumps stock.

Last edited:

reeve_ryan

Established Member
You will want to change your balancer with this new found powa.
Earlier 2007 harmonic balancers are notorious for snapping crank shafts.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What fuel. I am at 704 with a GenII and have a BAP for safety as I can only get 91 here.

Good to know!

This car never gets anything less than 91 with a can of VP Octanium or Torco. That or 100 octane unleaded which im lucky to have nearby in this Commie state.

You are gonna love the TVS, start saving for tires tho.
Are you still on 3.31 gears?

3.73s.. Car is on 555r DRs now. 1st is already tire smoke with the current setup.

Suppose ill add 2nd to that now once the TVS goes on? :)

You will want to change your balancer with this new found powa.
Earlier 2007 harmonic balancers are notorious for snapping crank shafts.

Great advise, thank you. Already done though.. I read about that a while back. Car has an 08+ balancer.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This swap is so easy its a shock. Im very surprised how many of the vacuum lines, hoses, EGR connections...basically EVERYTHING bolts right up. Awesome!

However--I do need to find a work around for the evap line that the 13/14 elbow does not have. Hmmm. Maybe tap that large hole install npt barbed fitting, cut off the current evap line at the factory fitting and attach?

Torn down. Car has 9980 miles (happy 10k birthday lol) so engine bay and associated areas are pretty clean making things easy.

IMG_4788.JPG

surprised how little oil there is in this area.

IMG_4802.JPG

Removed all injectors and cleaned their bosses with cleaner and a cutip to be sure no dirt dropped into the lower intake during install of the new ones. Lubed new injectors with some lucas prior to install.

IMG_4799.JPG

IMG_4801.JPG

Couple close ups of the TB... nice piece here!

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4784.JPG

Magic.. its about done... other than the evap fitting I mentioned earlier. Shame because she would have been a runner tonight!

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4802.JPG
    IMG_4802.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    598.5 KB · Views: 244

moncho

Established Member
OP if you haven't already found the fitting for the evap on the elbow, BPS has what you're looking for....

Here's the URL: https://www.billetproshop.com/product/2013-tvs-elbow-evap-fitting-shelby-gt500/

Seems like you put sometime into researching the parts you picked. That Whipple TB should work very nicely with that TVS. Be very interesting to see what your fuel injector duty cycle & FPDC will be, not to mention the HP/TQ numbers. It appears your using the stock upper/lower pulley. Are you going to use PMAS for your CAI?

BTW: I also had the pleasure of dealing with John Nardi over @ LR. Very knowledgeable & he also put up with all my questions.

Best of luck!

Attachments

• bps_tvs_evap_elbow__51958.1447346438.310.300.jpg
    bps_tvs_evap_elbow__51958.1447346438.310.300.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OP if you haven't already found the fitting for the evap on the elbow, BPS has what you're looking for....

Here's the URL: https://www.billetproshop.com/product/2013-tvs-elbow-evap-fitting-shelby-gt500/

Seems like you put sometime into researching the parts you picked. That Whipple TB should work very nicely with that TVS. Be very interesting to see what your fuel injector duty cycle & FPDC will be, not to mention the HP/TQ numbers. It appears your using the stock upper/lower pulley. Are you going to use PMAS for your CAI?

BTW: I also had the pleasure of dealing with John Nardi over @ LR. Very knowledgeable & he also put up with all my questions.

Best of luck!

Thank you and yes, i did read about that BPS fitting.. very nice. However, I'm inpatient and wanted a "now" solution. Also i plan to use my current JLT 123mm. PMAS definitely a better option, but that can wait for now. I still have some higher priority items to spend money on.

Went to Autozone and bought a 2014 mustang fuel filter for $10 and harvested the quick disconnect off one of the sides.

Then took my 3/8" npt tap and tapped the elbow. Grabbed a barbed fitting i had laying around the shop and slammed it all together. Came out decent.

Borrowed the idea from @PistolWhip. Thank you sir!

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice mein. Someone is gonna start off the new year CORRECT.

Nothing better than OEM quality with minimal effort / investment.

Congrats!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice mein. Someone is gonna start off the new year CORRECT.

Nothing better than OEM quality with minimal effort / investment.

Congrats!

Yes sir! Cant wait to let her eat for the first time.

Finished up the bulk of the install last night. Still need to wire up the Zeitronix wideband and install the sensor.

Quick note about Lund tuning and the NGauge for those that dont have either. Wow. You simply cannot go wrong with these guys. Their sales and customer service has been exceptional this time around. I mentioned earlier that i used them 2 years ago for a Paxton Coyote car and they were great then. Well.. i can only assume they have grown, but despite that growth, their service has IMPROVED in my opinion.

The same day i ordered the tuning/wideband package from them i had a base tune written and in my email box from Jon Lund Jr. .... Talk about speed. Some of these email tuners take days, if not weeks, to simply respond--let alone write a tune file.

I will begin datalogging for him tonight with hopes that after a couple exchanges between Jon and I, she will be ready to rip this weekend. Fingers crossed!

The NGauge is such a neat piece. Makes everything sooo simple. Its touchscreen and very user-intuitive. Basically impossible to get "lost" navigating through it.

BTW.. thanks again to @Steve@TF for the tank! (you owe me a cap lol). It looks great against the black Whipple TB.

8.JPG

9.JPG

7.JPG

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thing is looking clean AF. Maybe I should have gotten me an 07-09 hundo.... hmmm.... why do i have to like so many cars? Its a disease.

Good luck with it man. Keep us posted!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thing is looking clean AF. Maybe I should have gotten me an 07-09 hundo.... hmmm.... why do i have to like so many cars? Its a disease.

Good luck with it man. Keep us posted!

While i agree a thousand percent with the comments re your disease (i have the same sickness) you're crazy. Your car is insane.

Lightly mod and enjoy!

^^no you just need to modify yours!

Looks great bud.

+1 and thanks!

moncho

Established Member
Nice work around, actually looks real good and there's always that satisfaction of sorting it out yourself.

RedZR

Established Member
The torque that the TVS makes is incredible. I have the same set up (with a BAP) and my 2008 did 621 at the wheels. Since then I added a throttle body.

If your suspension is stock please be careful- if the boost comes up at the top of 2nd gear or early in 3rd the tires will break loose. Quite an experience to spin the tires at 50mph!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Very nice work OP. Love the build clean GT500. You going to dyno it when done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread