2004 Mustang Cobra Coupe PRISTINE/FS Buy figure?

HOSTIL

Established Member
Ok, here's the deal. My good friend (older gent) has finally decide to part with his 04 cobra. I was with him when he bought the car brand new at the time I had an 04 cobra red fire that I sold in 2008. Every mod on this car he and I disccused so the car is built just how I want it. My questions to you guys, is what would you pay for this car??? I've listed specs below, car has never seen ANY weather, or drag strip. He's put maybe 2000 miles on the car in the last 3years.

2004 cobra coupe black/black
10,000 original miles. Never beat!
Whipped 2.3 3.0 upper. 4lb lower all supporting hardware
Oval single blade TB
10 inch In fender JLT
$1300 spec 3 clutch and adjuster/ firdanza fly wheel and upgrade spline
Mac off-road H pipe and magnaflow exhaust
Diablo
Big resivor tank
Afco h/e
Welded subframe connectors
Rear busings replaced
3.90 gear
Irs brace
18" cobra wheels chrome brand new mickeys
Tinted windows
Smoked headlights
Cobalt gauges
Aerometer gauge
Probably some stuff I forgot to mention.... Car is very nicely setup and makes 670rwhp/590 to

What's a good selling price to offer???

OrangeVenom04

Established Member
I would easily say high 20's and with you knowing more about the car maybe a little more. All depends on how bad you want it and how willing he is to let it go.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I would say around $27K. Right in-between the $26K-$28K range mentioned. This is a low mileage car in apparently exceptional condition. To YOU, it holds more value because it is very nicely modded and never raced or beat on. If you're interested, it is one of those Terminators that come along only every so often so if you want it, make a fair offer and hopefully the seller won't demand silly big money for it. If you can get it for $27K, I'd say you did very, very well. JMO.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Never heard of a 2.3 whipple making that much power on pump gas.

It's still an 11 year old car. I'd say $25k at the most.

_DC

Established Member
Knowing the history of the car is priceless IMO.

27k seems fair for both sides/

Are the old parts included?

HOSTIL

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies , this car is just amazing and very well kept, I'm not the type to be easily impressed . Like I said the guy is a good friend of mine and I really want this car.....however he's at $35k and although I want it.... That's big coin.... I'm not sure whether to walk or dig deep.....gonna sleep on it.

HOSTIL

Established Member
Car makes that at power with a whippe 2.3 at 20lbs and a safe tune. I agree it's alot maybe the Dyno is generous I dunno.

Stock parts: only the stock 17" wheels everything else I sold for him 3 years ago

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
Tell him to put it on eBay with a reserve...he'll find out what the true worth is real quick and that at $35k he's kind of dreaming.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Being a good friend, tell him what the car is truly worth, then offer him $20 for the "good friend" discount. Also, let him that a totally unmolested, never registered Mystichrome with only 16 miles on it sold last year for $37K, so $35 for modded with more miles is a little far fetched.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
$35k was the good friend discount... He think he can get $38k for it??

Poor guy, his age is finally starting to catch up with him. lol

38k is just too high. Like everyone else said, mid to high 20's is where the car is.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
This guy is way out of sight at $35K...

It's a 25-27K car if its in the pristine shape you say it is. I wouldn't even make him an offer, it might strain your friendship. Suggest he put it on Ebay/autotrader etc so he can get feedback from other people concerning the price and go from there.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
This is just my observation over the last few years when I was in the market for one:

-Stock, low mileage mint cars tend to go for $20-$30K depending on color, time of year, and desperation of seller. The majority of them I've seen in the mid $20's. I think I have only seen or heard of a few (like 1 or 2) sell for a little over $30K, and that was like a mint, really low mileage, pristine CO Cobra. I can't say I've seen or heard of any 03-04 Cobra sell for anywhere near $38K in the last 2-3 years. (EDIT: I just read above about the unregistered MC selling for $37K, so I guess I've heard of one now.)
-Lightly modded low mileage cars tend to go for $19-$25K.
-Twin-screwed mid to low mileage cars have been in the $22-$28K range. These tend to fluctuate high or low based on who built it, whether the motor is built or stock, history of car after it was twin-screwed, and of course the overall condition of the car. There have been a few twin-screw cars I've seen sell for well below $20K, but the sellers were desperate, or there was just too many unknown variables at work.

If I was in the market, and I had a friend like this where I knew the history first-hand and could vouch for the car, I'd be all over this car for somewhere between $25-$29K, . I'm sure if he put the car up for sell, he will quickly find out that he is not going to find anyone with any kind of knowledge on these cars willing to pay $30K+ for it. He would be better off taking it back to stock and selling off the aftermarket stuff if he wants to even come close to getting $30K for it. I would think he would want to make sure the car was bought from someone that will care for it like he did and truly appreciate it, so I'd be trying to see if I could get it for $24-$26K, with the option of letting him drive it every now and then for old times sake. I'm sure if he priced it at $28-$30k, he would be able to move it fairly quickly, so selling it to a friend for $24-$26k seems about right to me. Hearing stories like this makes me wish I would have waited 'til this year to buy a car. I had a list of criteria in mind when I was searching, and this car hits every single one of them other than it is black, and even then it is still a color I would not completely rule out (I vowed to not buy a black one because I've owned black cars for far too long).

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This guy must think he has a 2000R with the seats still wrapped in plastic, $38K? haha! Tell him you don't recoup 100% of the Mods price on resale. Rob had $75K+ in the Outlaw 10.5 cars rolling chassis and electronics and it was sold for less than $40K....

Users who are viewing this thread