2004 Mustang Cobra Coupe PRISTINE/FS Buy figure?

HOSTIL

Established Member
Thank you everyone for your replies. Ever since I sold my mint 04 cobra redfire, I've been waiting another. I know this car, I helped build it.... This car has only been wet twiced and one of those times it was being washed. This car has me all kinds of emotional.... I'm sure we've all been there with cars or women!!! He's 68 this week and the clutch is getting to be too much for him. I'll talk to him this week and I'd be willing to go 28k/29k. Tops

Franco

Established Member
Thank you everyone for your replies. Ever since I sold my mint 04 cobra redfire, I've been waiting another. I know this car, I helped build it.... This car has only been wet twiced and one of those times it was being washed. This car has me all kinds of emotional.... I'm sure we've all been there with cars or women!!! He's 68 this week and the clutch is getting to be too much for him. I'll talk to him this week and I'd be willing to go 28k/29k. Tops

I think that's fair specially if you like the car that much

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
His price could just indicate he is not willing to sell yet. Look elsewhere.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Honestly, if he demodded the car he'd get his asking price no problem by selling the car for $27-$30k, then the TF wheels, power adders, etc separately. Sucks that it is that way because you would have more than that into it doing the identical mods to a low mile, mint car like that. I know that I have WAY more than that into mine, so I guess I'll be keeping it for awhile since I wouldn't be offering mine for much less that he is asking, and I'm not really willing to demod it either. I figure sooner or later someone will come along that appreciates the work done and the condition and be willing to pay a bit more for it then the average rate. I also know that this is absolutely the worst place to try to sell one of these. I remember the same thing happening when I sold my '65 Cobra replica. The guys on the enthusiast sites for those were saying I'd be lucky to get $25-$30k, so I advertised offsite and got close to $60k! I certainly enjoyed gloating to all the naysayers after it sold! Bottom line is that enthusiast sites are great for info and parts, but super bad for judging true market value since the particular cars are way more commonly available there and nobody is willing to spend what they are worth.

HOSTIL

Established Member
O

Attachments

• blackcobra2.jpg
    blackcobra2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 346
  • danscobra2.JPG
    danscobra2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

HOSTIL

Established Member
Added some pics , so you can see the condition of the car and how well its been cared for....... I'm going insane...and not sure what my move is going to be... I HATE buying on emotion!!! WTF!!

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ok,, So I've been checking on Ebay and looks like the 04 Cobra's are selling for premium dollar? I'm in talks with the owner again and he's ready to sell. I'm at $29k and I think his bottom is $33,500..... Alot of coin, car is mint mint mint...still alot of coin!

When I was looking a year ago, there was a redfire with 13k miles going for 23, an oxford white with 11k miles that sold for under 22 (both in mint condition). I paid 24k cash for my mystichrome (car is a 10/10) with 19k miles. Not 10k miles like the one you're looking at, but just a little more. I felt that was fair, and I know if I want to sell I can probabely get exactly what I paid for it.

I personally think his bottom dollar of 33.5 is absurd. If that's your dream car and you just have to get it, than go for it. Just know that you wont ever get that back, or anything close to it if you decide to sell. And I know, you probabely have plans to keep it forever, but shit happens (You decide to buy a house, your kid needs to go to college, your wife says she wants to do 25k in upgrades to the house, etc...) you're looking at a 25-27k car if you sell it in the real world. My .02

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if you really, REALLY love the car and can afford it, I would say go for it, because we only live once

black is so amazing when perfectly clean like that... just one thing tho if you do buy it get rid of those stuffed animals or whatever the eff they are, lol

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
25k is more in line ....but on 93 there is noway it made 670...

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
that car is worth more than the average cobra, LOL at all the low ballers in here

OP, to me knowing the history of the car and given your connection, I wouldn't mind over paying for the piece of mind. Think of it as an insurance policy.

If it was one of my friends, I'd let the car go at a lower rate to someone i knew and trusted.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I told him $29k....... He chuckled and said $33k firm and that's where it stands.

You should tell him to throw it on ebay (with a reserve of 33k since that is what he wants for it), and see where it ends. If the bidding stays under 29 (which it will) your offer will look way better and maybe he'll take it.

HOSTIL

Established Member
Interesting development yesterday... I found the EXACT same car 30mins from my house Black/Black 04 Cobra Coupe 6700 miles... Older guy, has had the car 4 months and would sell for $25,500, other than C/B and shifter bone stock as they come..... I can't leave it stock, these cars are way too much fun modified.... Here's my math...

Bone Stock $25,500 + $14,000 for parts and labor over a few years= Total investment $39,000.00 Plus, scheduling work with shop, leaving my car...etc.

The car my buddy has is 04 Cobra Black/Black coupe Original owner 10K miles with, lets say $14k worth or parts and labor???? Already done the way I would want, top shelf work, Car doesn't have to be left at a shop and I get a turn key pristine car for $33,000 for a $6000 savings.

I've decided to pony up and pay the $33k, I'll pick it up when he gets back from vacation.

Jmurrz

Established Member
Interesting development yesterday... I found the EXACT same car 30mins from my house Black/Black 04 Cobra Coupe 6700 miles... Older guy, has had the car 4 months and would sell for $25,500, other than C/B and shifter bone stock as they come..... I can't leave it stock, these cars are way too much fun modified.... Here's my math...

Bone Stock $25,500 + $14,000 for parts and labor over a few years= Total investment $39,000.00 Plus, scheduling work with shop, leaving my car...etc.

The car my buddy has is 04 Cobra Black/Black coupe Original owner 10K miles with, lets say $14k worth or parts and labor???? Already done the way I would want, top shelf work, Car doesn't have to be left at a shop and I get a turn key pristine car for $33,000 for a $6000 savings.

I've decided to pony up and pay the $33k, I'll pick it up when he gets back from vacation.

Congrats! Welcome to the Black Whipple Club! I am sure you will enjoy it!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Congrats!! That is my absolute favorite combination, '04 Black with charcoal seats.

HOSTIL

Established Member
Wanted to chime back in for all that posted on this thread. I ended up not going through with the purchase and my buddy really wanted me to have the car at $31k. He ended up trading the the car to a Ford Dealer in the area that is really into mustangs. He traded for a brand new 2015 Mustang GT auto, the dealer gave him with the tax savings.... $33,500 for the 04 Cobra. I guess the owner of the dealer wanted the car really bad for himself.......

Users who are viewing this thread