2003-04 Cobra Seat Upholstery & Foam from TMI.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Guys as much as I appreciate all the interest - I do not have ANY pricing yet.
That comes from a totally different department that adds all the material, thread, labor, together and figures out the cost.

We will have both a budget and a top of the line cover available.
BUDGET: Vinyl side bolsters and sides with unisuede inserts (not OE, but amazingly close), and NO Cobra logo. That right there will be roughly $400.00+ cheaper than the top of the line.

TOP OF THE LINE: Leather Bolsters and sides/back, Alcantara Suede Inserts (OE) and Ford Licensed Cobra Logo - but these will be considerably more expensive.

AS SOON as I get pricing I'll post it up.
(Also keep in mind - my prices are going to be higher than say CJ Pony Parts or Latemodel Restoration on these parts as we do not price anywhere near our dealers competitive pricing - we don't like to compete with them- so keep an eye out for CJP or LRS as i'm sure they'll have these up asap once i release them).
Are you going to offer a leather bolsters sides/back with the unisuede with a cobra logo? Or will the only way to get it with the cobra logo be buy top of the line?

TMIProducts

Established Member
Are you going to offer a leather bolsters sides/back with the unisuede with a cobra logo? Or will the only way to get it with the cobra logo be buy top of the line?

The Cobra logo will be available on either style of seat (budget or top of the line) -:thumbsup:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Saw an ad for these in my latest issue of MM&FF, def interested in the pricing info. as I may consider upgrading my '99 Cobra seats at some point down the road. Really nice to see an alternative hit the aftermarket, versus having to scour the market looking for gently used sets.

TRBO VNM

You mention you like custom work, but am wondering if you would do something a little different. On a previous terminator I had the head rests embroidered with SVT COBRA, it was 2 lines and SVT was color matched to the car color and COBRA was in white. I should be able to find pics, but the place that did them before stopped and I have wanted this done on my current car.

Here is an example

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/581047-svt-headrest.html

Last edited:

TMIProducts

Established Member
You mention you like custom work, but am wondering if you would do something a little different. On a previous terminator I had the head rests embroidered with SVT COBRA, it was 2 lines and SVT was color matched to the car color and COBRA was in white. I should be able to find pics, but the place that did them before stopped and I have wanted this done on my current car.

Here is an example

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/581047-svt-headrest.html

Sorry - 'custom work' regarding materials - but we do not offer any custom embroidery options. That would have to be done after manufacturing at an outside shop.

BTW - we finished our pattern and installed a premium set of Alcantara/Leather Med. Graphites onto an SVT Forum Members frames. He picked them up on Saturday and was stoked. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he gets them installed and post up new pics here on the forum!!

TRBO VNM

gotcha. I figured if you guys were embroidering the cobra, doing something similar in the headrest wouldn't be hard. oh well, the search continues

TMIProducts

Established Member
I will have MYSTICHROME pricing and ordering details released on this site by this Friday the 6th!!

Also - we have a release date of next Wednesday April 11th for a release of the 03-04 Cobra & the Mach 1.
CJ Pony Parts and Latemodel Restoration will have the items on their sites for purchase on that date.

Thanks,

TMIProducts

Established Member
Will you have the parchment/tan inserts available also?

Sent via DROID 3 either by touch screen or key pad.

If you're asking if we will have the Med. Parchment Suede inserts available - yes. As well as the Med. Graphite. Dark Charcoal and Anniversary Red - not to mention our limited run of the mystichrome inserts as well.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Would love to see the dark charcoal in a Mystic. Big reason i didnt buy one was because of the interior

saleen2002

Established Member
Not to keep teasing everyone - but check out this custom seat we made up for an in house set:
standalone

Like I said the ONLY thing holding us up is matching the original material on the inside lower portion of the front buckets - soon!!

can i get a set done like this but with a black snake ?

TRBO VNM

After seeing the price of the mystichrome I am curious to see the price of these high quality ones with the charcoal inserts and real leather bolsters.

If someone does not want the padding, can they get just the covers and will your pricing reflect that? IMO, I am perfectly happy with the padding from the factory.

TMIProducts

Established Member
Black Cobra will not be a problem!

The reason the foams have to be purchased in conjunction with the new upholstery is due to the way we had to readjust the attachment method of the foam to the upholstery. We also took this opportunity to slightly enlarge the stock foams as well as slightly increase the density of the foam.

Keep an eye on LRS and CJP - they will have these available Wednesday morning.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you should also note that the foam is the cheapest part of the seat LOL

Black Cobra will not be a problem!

The reason the foams have to be purchased in conjunction with the new upholstery is due to the way we had to readjust the attachment method of the foam to the upholstery. We also took this opportunity to slightly enlarge the stock foams as well as slightly increase the density of the foam.

Keep an eye on LRS and CJP - they will have these available Wednesday morning.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
^^^Rephrase that as....the foam is the least expensive part of the seat. It sounds a whole lot better.

Love the seats shown above. They would look great in my 90 model.

TMIProducts

Established Member
Just a heads up - CJ Pony has the Cobra seats up on their sites with all the available options, Leather, Vinyl, Uni-suede, Alcantara, etc - They also have the option of the Running Pony logo - unfortunately, the Cobra logo is on hold caught up in red tape, should be done sometime next week.

CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts

Users who are viewing this thread