2003-04 Cobra Seat Upholstery & Foam from TMI.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
These look great. Have you thought about re-popping the Lightning seats? The driver's side cushion is known to wear pretty bad.

TMIProducts

Established Member
How are the mystichrome coming ?

In the same boat as the standard Cobra seats - still waiting on that inner felt material for the front buckets. Once we have that we'll release the Standard Cobra straight away - then a few weeks later, we'll be releasing the Mystic. I'll of course keep this thread updated every step of the way!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Inner felt material? as in INSIDE the seat ?

In the same boat as the standard Cobra seats - still waiting on that inner felt material for the front buckets. Once we have that we'll release the Standard Cobra straight away - then a few weeks later, we'll be releasing the Mystic. I'll of course keep this thread updated every step of the way!

TMIProducts

Established Member
I think he is talking about the felt on the bottom seat covers closest to the center console.

See link below for a nice picture showing the felt:
http://www.jpispace.com/images/cobra_seats/seat01.JPG

Precisely - they used a dark charcoal felt like material on the inside section of the lower buckets. They used this material instead of leather so it wouldn't 'squeak' when you sat down.

What can I say - we're PICKY over here, but it's worth it in the long run!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LOL I have never noticed that. next time I have the cover off the car will be sure to check it out.
Precisely - they used a dark charcoal felt like material on the inside section of the lower buckets. They used this material instead of leather so it wouldn't 'squeak' when you sat down.

What can I say - we're PICKY over here, but it's worth it in the long run!

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Is the cobra logo exact? It looks like it has more stitching and the lines are "thicker".

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I love posting in the wrong threads while on painkillers lol

On Topic, I'd be very interested in a dark charcoal seat cover set for all 4

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
god i cant wait for these to come out. i wanna swap over to dark charcoal seats like the 04's had. looks so much better with sonic blue. then i can sell my seat covers.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Whats the prices, beating around the bush... Est...

Second that question. I know the original center material will be a $300 dollar mark up, but what is the estimated range for like a full set, just fronts, or just rears?

I need coupe style rear covers with the tan/parchment inserts as the vert back seat just is not going to work in my fox coupe. However the fronts look awsome.

TMIProducts

Established Member
Guys as much as I appreciate all the interest - I do not have ANY pricing yet.
That comes from a totally different department that adds all the material, thread, labor, together and figures out the cost.

We will have both a budget and a top of the line cover available.
BUDGET: Vinyl side bolsters and sides with unisuede inserts (not OE, but amazingly close), and NO Cobra logo. That right there will be roughly $400.00+ cheaper than the top of the line.

TOP OF THE LINE: Leather Bolsters and sides/back, Alcantara Suede Inserts (OE) and Ford Licensed Cobra Logo - but these will be considerably more expensive.

AS SOON as I get pricing I'll post it up.
(Also keep in mind - my prices are going to be higher than say CJ Pony Parts or Latemodel Restoration on these parts as we do not price anywhere near our dealers competitive pricing - we don't like to compete with them- so keep an eye out for CJP or LRS as i'm sure they'll have these up asap once i release them).

Steve@CJPP

As soon as we have these available to the public I will make a new post with pricing and the whole nine yards. Just a fyi I won't have pricing till TMI has pricing. Trust me as soon as I know I will make sure the forums are the first to know!!

Users who are viewing this thread