2003-04 Cobra Seat Upholstery & Foam from TMI.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Not 100% sure but the light grey inserts on my 01 look identical to the light grey inserts on the 03/04's. I have not seen a med. graphite unless thats the name of hte light grey

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Wait - what?:??:

Are you looking for Alcantara inserts on a Mach 1 seat upholstery?

no problem :)

Pretty much but I'm debating having the alcantra/ unisuede material pleated like the inserts of the Mach 1 seats:

4106b94c-3780-fd66.jpg

I think it would be unique

TMIProducts

Established Member
Pretty much but I'm debating having the alcantra/ unisuede material pleated like the inserts of the Mach 1 seats:

4106b94c-3780-fd66.jpg

I think it would be unique

- Again, easily done. I would vote using the Uni Suede replacement suede instead of the Alacantara since you are not trying to maintain the originality of a cobra. But we can easily make that insert out of the suede w/ the mach inserts and i agree it would look sick. We are not Ford licensed for the Mach 1 logo - but we could put a running horse in the top section instead of the Cobra logo.

eodtech72

Redfire Vert
Established Member
Can you give an estimation when these will be available for '03 Cobra. I heard mention of mid Feb. Not trying to pressure, just trying to budget for a set. Thanks again for starting to offer these.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
- Again, easily done. I would vote using the Uni Suede replacement suede instead of the Alacantara since you are not trying to maintain the originality of a cobra. But we can easily make that insert out of the suede w/ the mach inserts and i agree it would look sick. We are not Ford licensed for the Mach 1 logo - but we could put a running horse in the top section instead of the Cobra logo.

Awesome!! I'll be ready when you guys are!

TMIProducts

Established Member
Can you give an estimation when these will be available for '03 Cobra. I heard mention of mid Feb. Not trying to pressure, just trying to budget for a set. Thanks again for starting to offer these.

No problem - i appreciate all of the support and interest!
There are always last minute snags with these things (currently, to be honest - it's the nylon on the inner sides of the bottom of the buckets that's proving hard to match - go figure we can match the leather and the suede - but finding a simple cloth/nylon piece puts a kink in the chain!)

I'll be sure to keep this forum updated - we hope to have them released completely (both on our site, as well as our Authorized Dealers - Like CJ Pony & Latemodel Resto) by the end of the month come hell or high water. Like us on Facebook to stay up to date on these and see images of what we've been working on!

TMIProducts

Established Member
Hey Guys - currently pulling different densities of foam - is the majority vote that you'd like to see our reproduction of this foam THICKER/DENSER than the original?? Or should we just recreate the original feel??

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I like the denser foam personally, I have a set of Roush RTC seats in my S197 came with a much denser foam and I love it. Feels much more supportive.

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
cant wait to see these. i wanna get the dark charcoal seat covers for my 03, i hate my light grey ones! lol also waiting to hear a price on these and see some pics! then i can sell my grey ones to someone else.

nooner

Established Member
cant wait to see these. i wanna get the dark charcoal seat covers for my 03, i hate my light grey ones! lol also waiting to hear a price on these and see some pics! then i can sell my grey ones to someone else.

What kind of shape are they in? How many miles do you have on your car? And most importantly, how much do you want for them?

TMIProducts

Established Member
Hey guys - quick update - Foams have been pulled - pattern has been test fitted - cobra logo has been signed off on - matching up a few more colors/materials, then we'll just need part numbers and pricing before they are released.
As always - these things are taking longer than first expected - but they'll be to market soon enough!

TMIProducts

Established Member
another teaser - just finished up this rear seat for our pattern donor Jose C. That's the original Alcantara (we will be offering a less expensive Unisuede version as well). Sorry about the quality - I snapped this real quick w/ my cell.
standalone

Users who are viewing this thread