Votes: 87 41.6%
  • 03/04 Mach 1's

Votes: 122 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ get your bitch ass back to the roadside or smackdown...we talk about cars in here not your boyfriend Obama

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Ahhhh can you feel the love tonight? :banana:

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
LOL, I think some healthy use of the ignore button would do everyone some good. Look, after a hard day of backstabbing their co-workers and running old ladies off the road, you had to know they'd eventually discover internet forums where they could crap on people to their hearts content. Try the ignore button, it's a beautiful thing.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
Its not matter of a GT or Cobra, the rods are the same POS powdered metal and hypercrappy pistons. The Cobra crank along with the block will hold massive HP and RPM where the GT will not. When equiped with forged rods/pistons the 96-01 Cobra's are stronger than Terminators.

Remember, Ford was not thinking FI when they designed the 96-01 Cobra's.

These motors when maintained the right way, they are very reliable and strong powerplants.

Naz

thanks, lot more insightful than tellin me to shut my stupid mouth. whats the difference in blocks between 99/01 and 03/04 cobras?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Let's do our best to avoid the name calling and focus on contructive conversation.

Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. The below graph contains the results from a 2004 Mach 1 VS a 2001 Cobra. Mods are almost identical except the Cobra has a stock intake and the Mach has a ported unit. Cold air intake, LT's, O/R X, Catback. I performed both of these dyno sessions on the same dyno. Notice how much more torque the Mach 1 delivers in the lower RPM range VS the Cobra. You can also see the Cobra shines a bit more in the top end. There is not the huge disparity found in the lower RPM's but if these two cars met on the street with equal drivers who punched it from a roll in fourth gear at low RPM, the Mach would kill the Cobra. Conversely, if two drivers met who knew how to drive, the Cobra would take the win because properly shifted DOHC cars rarely drop below 5300 RPM, when shifting at 6800.

Half a dozen one, six of another. It's a drivers race. They're both good cars.

04Mach1VS01Cobra.jpg
That's a great example. There is a ever so slight advant. to the cobra in HP. I knew the hp curve for the cobra was 'longer' in the upper rpms. Thanks for posting that Tim.

I think we can all agree, if you like low-mid range TQ/grunt, get the mach, if you like roll racing/corner carving, the cobra....wait, I've heard that before. LOL
My car was making 337/337 RWHP-TQ back in 2003 on a stock long block.

Mods:

WMS CAI w/S&B Filter
WMS 95mm MAF
Stock TB
Naz' Cut & Ported Intake
PHP Intake Spacer
JBA Shorty Headers
Dr. Gas X-Pipe
Magnaflow CB
AL Flywheel
AL DS
Meziere Electric Water Pump
U/D Alternator Pulley
Chris Johnson (JMS) Tune (26 Deg Timing ~13:1 AFR)

Motor was running very stong....but I hurt it on a top speed run while in Germany....doing ~7000RPMs in 5th gear with 4.30s it broke the passenger side exahust cam bolt, destroying the VT. Short block was ok, and later made 370ish RW with my lightly ported FR500 heads and FR500 cams and later made 410ish RW with the addtion of the FR500 intake.

The point made is that there are a quite a few making 330+ on bolt on's alone.

See Here for Reference

Naz
Thanks for posting that C. That's the first I've seen of a cobra going 330+. Granted I kind of contradicted myself and that's my fault as I said full bolt ons and then only listed about half possible. You have to admit your P/P intake helped a tad....(I personally dont' consider that a bolt on, although some do. LOL). Either way, nice numbers.

Too bad an LS1 would rape both the cobra and mach
Uh.....come back to reality.

^^^ get your bitch ass back to the roadside or smackdown...we talk about cars in here not your boyfriend Obama
LOL....:lol:
LOL, I think some healthy use of the ignore button would do everyone some good. Look, after a hard day of backstabbing their co-workers and running old ladies off the road, you had to know they'd eventually discover internet forums where they could crap on people to their hearts content. Try the ignore button, it's a beautiful thing.
:lol1:
thanks, lot more insightful than tellin me to shut my stupid mouth. whats the difference in blocks between 99/01 and 03/04 cobras?
The 99/01's had Teksids (well some of the 01s) which were Italian made Aluminum blocks. THe 03/04s are Cast Iron.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
i thought machs were the only ones with aluminum blocks

You come in here saying the motors are junk and you didn't even know the difference between 99-01 motors, 03-04 Cobra motors, and 03-04 Mach motors.....WOW :nonono:

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
You come in here saying the motors are junk and you didn't even know the difference between 99-01 motors, 03-04 Cobra motors, and 03-04 Mach motors.....WOW :nonono:

still not over that huh? hope you havent lost sleep. i dont know every detail. like i said, i never owned a 99/01 cobra. you really are a god :rockon:

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
HAHAH..full bolt ons and a tad more. :beer: Nice ET man.

OH OH..I wanna know, can I know? :lol:

Really the current et etc...is with the mods in my sig. There are a few videos on streetfire, and youtube of the car.

As far as whats in the works.....I will be starting a thread soon with the details. Its nothing major really:bs:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Really the current et etc...is with the mods in my sig. There are a few videos on streetfire, and youtube of the car.

As far as whats in the works.....I will be starting a thread soon with the details. Its nothing major really:bs:

I have an idea...

Users who are viewing this thread