• 01 Cobras

Votes: 87 41.6%
  • 03/04 Mach 1's

Votes: 122 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epikmach

Established Member
I think its a drivers race with the Mach 1 having the slight advantage in stock form, due to the gearing & weight advantage.....

Here are some crappy vid's of me racing an 01 Cobra. We both had very similar mods. Both have full LT back exhaust, cai, tune. I had intake spacer & stock gears, & he had an aluminum flywheel, driveshaft & 3.73's. This is before my K member swap, so I didnt have any weight reduction, if anything my MM subframes & PHB added weight, so the SRA/IRS debate should be a wash in this situation. His car supposedly made 348rwhp/350rwtq (yeah right, inflated #'s on a dyno dynamics IMO), mine made 315rwhp/327rwtq, & these were both on the same dyno....As u can kinda see in the vids, its a drivers race, but my Mach pulled everytime....My vids were filmed from an 03 Cobra which was behind us most of the races, so his view wasnt the best...

th_CIMG1366.jpg

th_CIMG1369.jpg

Here is the video his buddy put together from the camera in the silver Z06. I was ahead on all of the races besides the one that says Cobra by a bumper, but the Cobra honked & jumped before we were even lined up....The last race it says Cobra inching away, but I was ahead & shut down @ 145mph as u can clearly see I braked...Why race past 140???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMPEKUvfi70"]YouTube - 2001 Cobra vs. 2003 Mach 1[/ame]

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Where at in SC are you, we can make this possible lol.

Oh and her car only has O/R H pipe, MAC catback, and a JLT RAI. So you have a bit more mods than her. This is her first fast car so I don't wanna get her in over her head too soon. ;-) I still think I'll come on by ya though. :beer: Its all in good fun right?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Oh and her car only has O/R H pipe, MAC catback, and a JLT RAI. So you have a bit more mods than her. This is her first fast car so I don't wanna get her in over her head too soon. ;-) I still think I'll come on by ya though. :beer: Its all in good fun right?

Oh absolutely. It's just a heavy vert though :shrug: haha. I have nothing against the Mach 1's, I love em in fact, but I wouldn't mind having a little highway fun with you either.

Greenville. :beer: Less than 2 hours from you. The drag strip isn't closed yet if you wanna run them there. ;-)

I'd be down for that, I was holding out on the strip til I bought some pro stars and MT slicks this winter, but I'll still give it a shot with some street tires.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I figured with your 4.10 gears you would be right at home on the track. Her's has the 3.55s so I will be struggling from a dead stop. When are they running again at Lowes dragway? I could come up there and we could run. I've never run at that track so you have yet another advantage. :beer:

Or if you want to come down to Commerce and run at my track I will pay your way in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I figured with your 4.10 gears you would be right at home on the track. Her's has the 3.55s so I will be struggling from a dead stop. When are they running again at Lowes dragway? I could come up there and we could run. I've never run at that track so you have yet another advantage. :beer:

Or if you want to come down to Commerce and run at my track I will pay your way in.

I haven't had this car at the track yet either. They haven't had ANY test n tune nights at the ZMAX strip since it opened, all we have open here is the 1/8th mile in mooresville. I guess they'll have test n tune next spring at ZMAX. When does your strip close? :beer:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I just checked. I guess they have already closed. Their last Test n Tune was Nov. 7

Well I guess we can forget running at the track. :nonono:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
And I'm just not much for roll racing unless I'm in my turbo car. Dead stop on the street or 1st gear or 2nd gear roll is fine with me though.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
And I'm just not much for roll racing unless I'm in my turbo car. Dead stop on the street or 1st gear or 2nd gear roll is fine with me though.

Sounds like a plan lol. I just PMed a guy about a set of used pro stars, slicks, and skinnies. You may have your work cut out for you :-D. If nothing else, there's always spring. My car isn't going anywhere.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Sounds like a plan lol. I just PMed a guy about a set of used pro stars, slicks, and skinnies. You may have your work cut out for you :-D. If nothing else, there's always spring. My car isn't going anywhere.

You already have more mods than HER car and now you are putting slicks and skinnies on your car to run hers? :dw: I thought the whole point was to run cars that were around the same mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
You already have more mods than HER car and now you are putting slicks and skinnies on your car to run hers? :dw: I thought the whole point was to run cars that were around the same mods.

lol I'm not getting them to run her car by any means. I've just always had the mentality that it was pointless to go to the dragstrip on street tires because I'll do nothing but spin. Just so happens I was in the market for wheels/slicks at the same time we said we'd race. I have no problems running you on street tires my friend. :beer:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Tmhutch put it best

Stock for stock a mach is faster because of "under the curve" plus gears.

There needs to be a shootout with both cars stock and 4.56 gears. to prove his theory.

But cobras are better. Why you ask? They came in convertibles.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
lol I'm not getting them to run her car by any means. I've just always had the mentality that it was pointless to go to the dragstrip on street tires because I'll do nothing but spin. Just so happens I was in the market for wheels/slicks at the same time we said we'd race. I have no problems running you on street tires my friend. :beer:

Slicks and skinnies on a 01 Cobra IRS.......Makes me cringe thinking about it.

In my 5.0 (daily driver) I rather go to the track on street tires to see what my "real world" numbers are. In my Cobra I only go on ET Drags and the car is always a trailer queen. :lol:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Slicks and skinnies on a 01 Cobra IRS.......Makes me cringe thinking about it.

In my 5.0 (daily driver) I rather go to the track on street tires to see what my "real world" numbers are. In my Cobra I only go on ET Drags and the car is always a trailer queen. :lol:

I ditched the IRS for an SRA :shrug:

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Sweet, I've also done that mod. I got tired of feeling like I was going over rail road tracks when I hit 2nd gear. lol

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Sweet, I've also done that mod. I got tired of feeling like I was going over rail road tracks when I hit 2nd gear. lol

I personally didn't like hopping all over the place like the easter bunny every time I'd put it to the floor in first or second or any time while shifting hard.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
R U SRS? Gotta love the internet:banana:

guess i should have been more specific. i meant with boost thrown at them. have read my threads/replies on here about that being major problems with that. and i do love the internet :banana:

I've got a junk motor from 1999 and I would have no problem pulling your doors off. How can that be possible? Maybe your junk motor has a problem with it? :shrug:

HAHAHA thats great. 03/04 junk motor? thats pretty good. like i could care any less. i dont own the fastest car on the streets, nor will i ever. your balls must be gigantic! oh, and i know a guy with a white '99 that will "pull your doors off," am i cool now?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
HAHAHA thats great. 03/04 junk motor? thats pretty good. like i could care any less. i dont own the fastest car on the streets, nor will i ever. your balls must be gigantic! oh, and i know a guy with a white '99 that will "pull your doors off," am i cool now?

What, your big bad 03 Cobra can't back up your stupid mouth? You have to resort to the "I know someone that will race you and is faster!". :lol1::lol1: :loser:

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
What, your big bad 03 Cobra can't back up your stupid mouth? You have to resort to the "I know someone that will race you and is faster!". :lol1::lol1: :loser:

i never said my cobra was big and bad, its stock. nor did i say yours was slow. im sorry though internet tuff guy, you are right. silly me :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread