• 01 Cobras

Votes: 87 41.6%
  • 03/04 Mach 1's

Votes: 122 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Stopsign... I got your message and replied. Looks like it might be a lil while before we get to run since I will be travelling for the first 4 months of next year. I'll be driving back though on Sunday though so one more chance. :D Or at least get to meet up and hang out. Any other SVT/Mach guys in that area? Maybe we could do a post Thanksgiving get together over at Hooters or somethin. :thumbsup:

I will be working from Friday-Wed. But we will definately hang out at Commerce a few times this coming year! :rockon:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Next time your heading down to Commerce shoot me a pm. Ive never ran this car at a 1/4 track and would love to see what it could do.

Will do man! Maybe you can meet up with DC97Cobra and me there. I will be trying to get my little turd of a 5.0 into the 10's. lol

DC97Cobra

Established Member
No I havent met him but I remember you mentioning them last time we met up. If I decide to go that route I would for sure be looking for someone that is knowledgeable and that has done a swap before. I was thinking of emailing the guys at Vengeance just to see what the labor would be but it would probably make me cry. How is Atlanta Performance and Fab on their prices? Vengeance is a GREAT shop but Im pretty sure they would want a small fortune to do a six speed swap on my car.

The Fbodys do have a huge aftermarket as well. Its just a little different. I like the fact that with LS1 cars you can have a very quick natrually aspirated car for a reasonable price if you shop around. H/C/I combos produce some very stout numbers(well over the 400rwhp mark) and they can be very reliable. With Mustangs you pretty much have to go forced induction to get into the 400+ rwhp territory for anything resembling a budget build. There are your few monster NA 4.6 Stangs out there but your average person cant exactly afford that kind of thing.

I do agree with you on the build quality between the 2 cars. It seems that Fbodys do fall into disrepair alot easier and sooner than Mustangs. Thats why I was very picky about the one I bought and found it with low miles and perfectly maintained. But even comparing this car to my 2000 GT is seems the GT was put together a little better. And I personally like the feel of a Mustang vs the Fbody.

I think it might be best to just go over and talk to Will. I dont know how their prices compare to Vengence but am guessing that they would probably be competitive. Knowing him, He'll probably talk you into turboing the camaro for a really good price. Seems like everyone that goes into his shop comes out with at least a supercharger or custom turbo setup. :shrug:

With the LSx engines, I do agree that the aftermarket world is pretty large but it seems like it ends right there. When I was into the fbodies, it seemed like almost everything in the market was there to make your car as fast as possible in a straight line. You had to really hunt for parts if you wanted something that can carve the mountains almost like a vette. The mustangs aftermarket industry seems to be far more fast. Not only do you have a market for making a mustang fast in a 1/4 mile, there is a large market for making the cars handle out on the roadcourse as well. Or, if you are not worried about performance but like the looks of the stang, you can go a different route and make it look unique with a large market of interior and exterior aftermarket parts.

oh.. here's a mach for you if you are interested....

2004 Mach 1

And I will be looking at this tomorrow. :D

2001 Cobra Vert

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I think it might be best to just go over and talk to Will. I dont know how their prices compare to Vengence but am guessing that they would probably be competitive. Knowing him, He'll probably talk you into turboing the camaro for a really good price. Seems like everyone that goes into his shop comes out with at least a supercharger or custom turbo setup. :shrug:

With the LSx engines, I do agree that the aftermarket world is pretty large but it seems like it ends right there. When I was into the fbodies, it seemed like almost everything in the market was there to make your car as fast as possible in a straight line. You had to really hunt for parts if you wanted something that can carve the mountains almost like a vette. The mustangs aftermarket industry seems to be far more fast. Not only do you have a market for making a mustang fast in a 1/4 mile, there is a large market for making the cars handle out on the roadcourse as well. Or, if you are not worried about performance but like the looks of the stang, you can go a different route and make it look unique with a large market of interior and exterior aftermarket parts.

oh.. here's a mach for you if you are interested....

2004 Mach 1

And I will be looking at this tomorrow. :D

2001 Cobra Vert

Damn. That comp orange Mach is sweet. Those fugly 20's would have to go though. I wonder what kind of deal they would give me on a trade.......

That yellow Cobra is nice also. I dont think Ive ever seen a Zinc Yellow 01 convertible in person.

Last edited:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Damn. That comp orange Mach is sweet. Those fugly 20's would have to go though. I wonder what kind of deal they would give me on a trade.......

That yellow Cobra is nice also. I dont think Ive ever seen a Zinc Yellow 01 convertible in person.

PM me info on your Camaro and I can talk to them tomorrow to see what they say. I'm going to go look at it out of curiosity anyways. Both of those cars are only a couple miles away from where I'm staying.

The yellow Cobra I somewhat know as well and is one of the reasons I'm interested in looking at it. It is 100% stock and the previous owner was a female in her late 30's or early 40's so I really feel that the car has been babied for all of its life.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Ponygt65.. You might have talked to him online. He doesnt usually post often on the car forums though as he is not much into chatting on these sites. I think he might have joined the registry though. I know him and I have talked about shift points and all but I dont remember where he said he was shifting. He defanitely knows how to drive the Mach though and manual cars in general. He's been driving manuals since he was like 15. Just out of curiosity, why remove the UD pullies? Oh yeah.. no nitrous on the Cobra for now. Maybe one day though. :uh oh:
That's cool. I was just wondering. I don't doubt the guy I was just curious. IMO, knowing how to shift, doesn't nec. mean you know the best way to shift a certain car though. I think all of us here know it, but it really depends on powerband and tranny gears more than 'speed' of shifting. IE: I can shift fast as hell, but if I'm doing it 500 rpm above or below optimum point, I'm shooting myself in the foot. I, myself, wouldn't jump in just any car and expect to be the best shifter. All cars are different. I'd want some seat time and some feedback from guys that know. And I've been driving manuals since I was 15 as well (15 years ago). :beer:

As for the UDPs, they have been known to cause issues with the mach motors by way of oil pump failures. high rpms and UDPs doesn't keep the crank in balance like it should. the STock mach comes with it's own factory version of UDPs. I had them on my DSG mach, did lots of research, and yanked them off. There is a member on here that had a seized built motor. He had UDPs on it, and the oil delivery failed. There is a thread on the second page (?) of the mach section where it is talking about. That's my two cents anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread