Votes: 87 41.6%
  • 03/04 Mach 1's

Votes: 122 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Oh I have no doubt. I wasn't meaning to be a 'hater', so sorry if anyone read it that way. He's putting down some nice numbers for his mods. I bet he's got one helluva tune.

From a roll I think stop would lose...he's 30rwhp down. From a dig though...I think it will be darn close.

I do agree with you on the dig. We wanted to try and get a dig race in when I met with him that night but the oppurtunity never arose. Im still wanting to try and meet up with him sometime to have a couple of digs. I think I would come out on top traction permitting. I will have to wait for my LS6 intake/TB or 3.73's before I try him again from a roll though. Or if I ever get a 5speed Mach Ill be glad to run him again as well:burnout:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Good idea, there are a few I can think of off the top of my head that would eat you alive. :eek:

eat me alive. who knows? This is why i dont wanna post there so I dont have to involve myself with a e-race.

Just like you and I talked, it wouldnt be worth my time to come to sc to bust that ass

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
eat me alive. who knows? This is why i dont wanna post there so I dont have to involve myself with a e-race.

Just like you and I talked, it wouldnt be worth my time to come to sc to bust that ass

who knows?..I do. 900rwhp on pump gas enough?

How about 10.0 flat ET's. mid 11s N/A?

Either way.....I tink we all have some kickass cars.....well, not I anymore. :nonono:

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
I've got a great video of our 01' Cobra vs my good friends 03 Mach.

Our car had 4.30's, offroad X, stock catback, tune, cold air kit, 03/04 Cobra flywheel.
His car, cold air kit, tune, SLP x-pipe/SLP Loudmouth 2, 4.10's

They were side by side till our 01' ran outa gear. 4.30's vs 4.10's(mach) Now he's done full SLP long tubes, lightweight flywheel, driveshaft he MURDERS our 01'

On a dyno his numbers specificly do not fall like our 01's do at around 5900rpm. However his car only has 18k on it while our 01' has 103k on it and puffs smoke when you shift it. LOL

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member

:lol1::lol1: What does you running my car have anything to do with what you or I said? That shits funny...You get way too e-hurt if your ego gets tested. But I still love ya. :lol:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Ofcourse I was referring to your girlfriends car. Especially taking into account the title of the thread......:D

I dont know many details about your other rides, but I have caught enough tidbits throughout other threads to know that your 99 shouldnt be taken lightly.

It was just a joke. I was actually talking about him running my 5.0 me N/A and him N/A or nitrous if he has it. But I think him and I are going to set up something just not sure what. My g/f doesn't like the fact that I beat on her car so much. :nonono: Its just so damn fun! I love that Mach and the way it feels! Infact I might be getting a screaming yellow one (the darker yellow) soon. Except I don't need 3 cars. :kaboom:

KduncSS

Established Member
It was just a joke. I was actually talking about him running my 5.0 me N/A and him N/A or nitrous if he has it. But I think him and I are going to set up something just not sure what. My g/f doesn't like the fact that I beat on her car so much. :nonono: Its just so damn fun! I love that Mach and the way it feels! Infact I might be getting a screaming yellow one (the darker yellow) soon. Except I don't need 3 cars. :kaboom:

I know you were joking man. I dont think Dan has any nitrous unless he has bought a kit recently. I understand if your girl gets pissed, I probably would too lol.

I love the Machs also. I want one soooooo bad. A comp orange or DSG would awesome. I have found a few people that were willing to work out a trade but nothing has happend yet. The cars are either too far away or we cant nail down an agreeable deal.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I know someone that could use a stang.........oh wait.:lol:

prime example why I wouldnt post that on there...
True.:beer:

I know you were joking man. I dont think Dan has any nitrous unless he has bought a kit recently. I understand if your girl gets pissed, I probably would too lol.

I love the Machs also. I want one soooooo bad. A comp orange or DSG would awesome. I have found a few people that were willing to work out a trade but nothing has happend yet. The cars are either too far away or we cant nail down an agreeable deal.
Yep..you've been postin' like a mad man. I hope you find one man.:beer:

KduncSS

Established Member
Yep..you've been postin' like a mad man. I hope you find one man.:beer:

Yeah I have asked just about everyone thats selling theirs here and on the registry. Ive just about given up. What sucks is that people are having to sell their cars for so low that its absolutely killing me trying to get any money at all for my Camaro. I know that their cars are probably worth more than the 14.5 or 15k that they are selling them for, but I refuse to sell/trade my SS for 8k or less. I gotta have atleast 10k and would prefer 11k to work out a trade. And most of the people are ok with that once they see how clean and well taken care of my car is, but then something else throws a kink in things like they still owe on the car or they're 750 fing miles away:bash:

I looked heavily into New Edge Cobras also but for a nice decent mileage 01 people are asking the same money as Mach 1s. And I personally would take a Mach over teh Cobra for the same money. Ill probably just end up keeping the SS and mod the hell out of it to keep me interested.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I looked heavily into New Edge Cobras also but for a nice decent mileage 01 people are asking the same money as Mach 1s. And I personally would take a Mach over teh Cobra for the same money. Ill probably just end up keeping the SS and mod the hell out of it to keep me interested.

There is a black 99 Cobra in NC with 80k miles for $9k. With what I know now I personally wouldn't buy another 4.6L DOHC N/A car unless it was a Mach. Then again there was no such thing as a new edge Mach when I got my Cobra.

I say keep the SS and do a T56 swap.

Last edited by a moderator:

KduncSS

Established Member
There is a black 99 Cobra in NC with 80k miles for $9k. With what I know now I personally wouldn't buy another 4.6L DOHC N/A car unless it was a Mach. Then again there was no such thing as a new edge Mach when I got my Cobra.

I say keep the SS and do a T56 swap.

I have seriously considerd that option also. There is a local guy here with a 98 six speed TA that actually approached me about doing a swap. The only thing that stopped me was the mileage difference. My car has 53k miles while his car has over 140k. I dont know what kind of hell that transmission has been through. And besides I have a phobia about doing a swap of that magnitude anyway. I just dont think it would ever be right and it would piss me off because this car has ZERO issues. Something that is nice after having a GT that didnt have a factory part anywhere on it. If I were to do anything I would just try and find a similar six speed car to trade. But thats even harder than finding a willing Mach or Cobra owner, I already tried with a thread over on LS1tech.

All my friends think Im crazy. This SS is super nice but I am just not cut out for an automatic muscle car :shrug:
Especially since its not my daily driver

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Man you should be able to find the steps to walk you through to where your car will look and feel like it came with a 6 speed in it. Just search around for a low mileage T56 or a new one. On LS1 about a year ago I made a post and had about 6 people PM me about selling their low mileage T56s. So they are out there.

I know you live in GA, if you are close enough to me let me know and I can help you with the swap. :beer:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Thanks Kyle for the support! 03/04 Cobras are dropping in price as well. I think we all need to pitch in and help you switch over to the dark side. or at least into a Mach. :-D

Ponygt65.. You might have talked to him online. He doesnt usually post often on the car forums though as he is not much into chatting on these sites. I think he might have joined the registry though. I know him and I have talked about shift points and all but I dont remember where he said he was shifting. He defanitely knows how to drive the Mach though and manual cars in general. He's been driving manuals since he was like 15. Just out of curiosity, why remove the UD pullies? Oh yeah.. no nitrous on the Cobra for now. Maybe one day though. :uh oh:

Stopsign... I got your message and replied. Looks like it might be a lil while before we get to run since I will be travelling for the first 4 months of next year. I'll be driving back though on Sunday though so one more chance. :D Or at least get to meet up and hang out. Any other SVT/Mach guys in that area? Maybe we could do a post Thanksgiving get together over at Hooters or somethin. :thumbsup:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I have seriously considerd that option also. There is a local guy here with a 98 six speed TA that actually approached me about doing a swap. The only thing that stopped me was the mileage difference. My car has 53k miles while his car has over 140k. I dont know what kind of hell that transmission has been through. And besides I have a phobia about doing a swap of that magnitude anyway. I just dont think it would ever be right and it would piss me off because this car has ZERO issues. Something that is nice after having a GT that didnt have a factory part anywhere on it. If I were to do anything I would just try and find a similar six speed car to trade. But thats even harder than finding a willing Mach or Cobra owner, I already tried with a thread over on LS1tech.

All my friends think Im crazy. This SS is super nice but I am just not cut out for an automatic muscle car :shrug:
Especially since its not my daily driver

Have you met Will over at Atlanta Performance and Fabrication? He builds up some nasty GM vehicles... mostly turbo cars. If you decide to keep the SS, he might know someone with a T56 laying around. If you are looking for more than just hp, save the green and get a Cobra or Mach.. I think they are better built cars overall and a lil more luxurious than the Camaros and Trans Ams. Plus, the aftermarket world is HUGE for the Mustangs compared to the F-bodies. :thumbsup:

KduncSS

Established Member
Have you met Will over at Atlanta Performance and Fabrication? He builds up some nasty GM vehicles... mostly turbo cars. If you decide to keep the SS, he might know someone with a T56 laying around. If you are looking for more than just hp, save the green and get a Cobra or Mach.. I think they are better built cars overall and a lil more luxurious than the Camaros and Trans Ams. Plus, the aftermarket world is HUGE for the Mustangs compared to the F-bodies. :thumbsup:

No I havent met him but I remember you mentioning them last time we met up. If I decide to go that route I would for sure be looking for someone that is knowledgeable and that has done a swap before. I was thinking of emailing the guys at Vengeance just to see what the labor would be but it would probably make me cry. How is Atlanta Performance and Fab on their prices? Vengeance is a GREAT shop but Im pretty sure they would want a small fortune to do a six speed swap on my car.

The Fbodys do have a huge aftermarket as well. Its just a little different. I like the fact that with LS1 cars you can have a very quick natrually aspirated car for a reasonable price if you shop around. H/C/I combos produce some very stout numbers(well over the 400rwhp mark) and they can be very reliable. With Mustangs you pretty much have to go forced induction to get into the 400+ rwhp territory for anything resembling a budget build. There are your few monster NA 4.6 Stangs out there but your average person cant exactly afford that kind of thing.

I do agree with you on the build quality between the 2 cars. It seems that Fbodys do fall into disrepair alot easier and sooner than Mustangs. Thats why I was very picky about the one I bought and found it with low miles and perfectly maintained. But even comparing this car to my 2000 GT is seems the GT was put together a little better. And I personally like the feel of a Mustang vs the Fbody.

KduncSS

Established Member
Man you should be able to find the steps to walk you through to where your car will look and feel like it came with a 6 speed in it. Just search around for a low mileage T56 or a new one. On LS1 about a year ago I made a post and had about 6 people PM me about selling their low mileage T56s. So they are out there.

I know you live in GA, if you are close enough to me let me know and I can help you with the swap. :beer:

I appreciate the offer man. But I dont have the tools, skills, space, and least of all time to try and do it myself lol. I live a little west of Atlanta a couple hours from the Alabama line. Next time your heading down to Commerce shoot me a pm. Ive never ran this car at a 1/4 track and would love to see what it could do.

Users who are viewing this thread