Votes: 87 41.6%
  • 03/04 Mach 1's

Votes: 122 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I'll be driving through Greenville next Tuesday. I wouldnt mind seeing how my Cobra does against the Mach. :-D

I would REALLY like to know the outcome of that race.

DC97COBRA's car runs very strong STOPSIGN. If your wanting a good test for your girls car, then his is the car to go up against.

Personally I think the 01 would win. Purely going off of the outcome of our race:rolling:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Coil packs are off the car.. one of them died. :( Guess it'll make it a fair race then. :lol: :thumbsup:
:lol:
stupid IRS owns me lolol
I would REALLY like to know the outcome of that race.

DC97COBRA's car runs very strong STOPSIGN. If your wanting a good test for your girls car, then his is the car to go up against.

Personally I think the 01 would win. Purely going off of the outcome of our race:rolling:
Actually I would expect the cobra to edge him out too on paper. It does have a the mod advantage.

However, I still think my boy Stop would put up a good fight, and I'd have to go with his driving skills to make up the difference in mods. :beer:

DC97Cobra

Established Member

Actually I would expect the cobra to edge him out too on paper. It does have a the mod advantage.

However, I still think my boy Stop would put up a good fight, and I'd have to go with his driving skills to make up the difference in mods. :beer:

I hope so.. I've been waiting to run against a Mach that was able to at least keep up. :rolling: It took one of my friends some long tube headers and switching to a set of 3.73 from 4.56 to inch ahead of me. He even got a bottle for just in case. :eek:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Stopsign have you ever ran your girlfriends mach at a track and if you have ran the car what did it run? Me with my 4.30 would'nt be a good race for your gals mach but if I still had my stock gear I would run ya. I have by the way never been outran by a mach and I have nothing against them as they are nice cars, but the two cars are so similar it's a drivers race.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Damn I forgot about this thread! With all the boards I post on its hard to keep up where I've been. :kaboom:

Anyways I've taken her car down the track ONE time. It was the day Commerce opened for the 2008 season and it was slam packed so I had time to run once. :bored: Drove 2 hours to run one time ftmfl. I had never had a Mach down the track and with the cams and powerband I shifted wrong (6,000rpms each gear). The 60' wasn't terrible since there was alot of street cars there on radials. I did manage a 2.0 60' :kaboom: with my short shifting the car still went 13.2. Had I gotten a chance to run a couple more times it would have been a 12 second car. :shrug: Pretty damn stout for me guys. And I have yet to see a stock geared 99-01 Cobra run that fast with O/R midpipe and catback. Her car still had the snorkle in and paper filter at the time. Also the car had 8,000 miles on it. Her car is strong......

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I'll be driving through Greenville next Tuesday. I wouldnt mind seeing how my Cobra does against the Mach. :-D

Again sorry I forgot about this thread. :nonono: If its not too late PM me and we can meet up. If anything I'd like to see your car. :rockon:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I hope so.. I've been waiting to run against a Mach that was able to at least keep up. :rolling: It took one of my friends some long tube headers and switching to a set of 3.73 from 4.56 to inch ahead of me. He even got a bottle for just in case. :eek:
Then he couldn't drive or needed a tune bad......LT's and 4.56s should not be needed for an 01 cobra with:B&M Short Throw Shifter, JLT CAI, BBR SS Offroad X-Pipe, FRPP Catback Exhaust, Steeda Underdrive Pullies, SPEC Aluminum Flywheel: mods.

No offense to you as I'm sure you're a great driver, I'm jsut going off of your list in your sig. :beer:

Wait...did you DUMBDADUMB race or drag race?
Again sorry I forgot about this thread. :nonono: If its not too late PM me and we can meet up. If anything I'd like to see your car. :rockon:
That'd be cool.

Yep, shifting ~6500 would have gotten you a 13.0 at least. Put a drop in K and N and get it tuned.....that'll even up the race a tad. LOL

Jamie R.

Established Member
12.81 w/ the stock 3.27 and dr's. A string of 13.08's having to let off 'cause it spun so bad hitting 2nd and that was with the stock 3.27 gear and stock 245/45/17 street tires. Oh yeah all with the irs. I've ran my car at Reynolds but never been up to commerce except when I ran my '87 in FFW events. Maybe DC can run ya.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Then he couldn't drive or needed a tune bad......LT's and 4.56s should not be needed for an 01 cobra with:B&M Short Throw Shifter, JLT CAI, BBR SS Offroad X-Pipe, FRPP Catback Exhaust, Steeda Underdrive Pullies, SPEC Aluminum Flywheel: mods.

No offense to you as I'm sure you're a great driver, I'm jsut going off of your list in your sig. :beer:

His mods when he had the 4.56's consisted of JLT RAI, UPR O/R x-pipe, Magnaflow weld in mufflers, Spec stage 3 clutch, Spec aluminum flywheel, short throw shifter(forgot what brand), Steeda UD pullies, and a tune. He also had 18x10.5s in the back as well with 18x9s up front.

From a 40 roll, we would be really close till he would run out of 4th. From there, I would be able to keep going. We also did a couple of slow rolls around 10mph and we still had the same outcome. When we ran, you could notice that his car was strong down low but the Cobra would end up pulling up top. It always came down to mostly a drivers race and whoever got the jump.

He ended up having the axle tubes twist and needed to have it all realigned. When it was realigned, something was not set up right and the gears were chewed up. He wasnt too happy about the 4.56's anyways as he drove the car and rarely ever took it to the track so opted to go down to 3.73's.

He got an awesome deal on a set of headers with a catted h-pipe and installed them as well as a nitrous kit. The car was retuned for nitrous and NA. When I ran him again, he was not on the bottle and we were neck and neck from about a 40mph roll. I was expecting to lose this race with the new mods. He might have had the nitrous tune on instead of the NA tune. I think the NA tune put him around 330hp. I don't remember how much he was putting down on the nitrous tune.

I know that him and I are going to go at it again while visiting and will make sure that he is running the NA tune. I do expect to lose to him but not by a bunch of car lengths.. Maybe a nose or half a car. I'll post it up and let you know.

KduncSS

Established Member

Dan's car runs good man. The strongest 01 I have seen in person for sure. And yes he is a pretty damn good driver. My SS against his ended the same way every time we raced. From 45-50 roll We would be pretty even till the top of his 3rd and he would start to pull. He would pull a little harder in 4th and he would have me by atleast a half car to 3/4 when we shut down.

Granted my stock gears with my 3600 stall arent helping me any, but I was still very impressed with his car. Especially considering he is also on the stock gears as well.....:beer:

Stopsign will give him a good race no doubt, but I dont see him pulling out a win.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
His mods when he had the 4.56's consisted of JLT RAI, UPR O/R x-pipe, Magnaflow weld in mufflers, Spec stage 3 clutch, Spec aluminum flywheel, short throw shifter(forgot what brand), Steeda UD pullies, and a tune. He also had 18x10.5s in the back as well with 18x9s up front.

From a 40 roll, we would be really close till he would run out of 4th. From there, I would be able to keep going. We also did a couple of slow rolls around 10mph and we still had the same outcome. When we ran, you could notice that his car was strong down low but the Cobra would end up pulling up top. It always came down to mostly a drivers race and whoever got the jump.

He ended up having the axle tubes twist and needed to have it all realigned. When it was realigned, something was not set up right and the gears were chewed up. He wasnt too happy about the 4.56's anyways as he drove the car and rarely ever took it to the track so opted to go down to 3.73's.

He got an awesome deal on a set of headers with a catted h-pipe and installed them as well as a nitrous kit. The car was retuned for nitrous and NA. When I ran him again, he was not on the bottle and we were neck and neck from about a 40mph roll. I was expecting to lose this race with the new mods. He might have had the nitrous tune on instead of the NA tune. I think the NA tune put him around 330hp. I don't remember how much he was putting down on the nitrous tune.

I know that him and I are going to go at it again while visiting and will make sure that he is running the NA tune. I do expect to lose to him but not by a bunch of car lengths.. Maybe a nose or half a car. I'll post it up and let you know.
Sounds good man. I wonder if I know him. He on the registry? Well, with you putting down those HP numbers, I can see it being close. Going from a dig would benefit him. A roll race...I can see a close race.

I would suggest he take off the UD's. ALso, do you know what his shift points were? Just curious.
Dan's car runs good man. The strongest 01 I have seen in person for sure. And yes he is a pretty damn good driver. My SS against his ended the same way every time we raced. From 45-50 roll We would be pretty even till the top of his 3rd and he would start to pull. He would pull a little harder in 4th and he would have me by atleast a half car to 3/4 when we shut down.

Granted my stock gears with my 3600 stall arent helping me any, but I was still very impressed with his car. Especially considering he is also on the stock gears as well.....:beer:

Stopsign will give him a good race no doubt, but I dont see him pulling out a win.
Oh I have no doubt. I wasn't meaning to be a 'hater', so sorry if anyone read it that way. He's putting down some nice numbers for his mods. I bet he's got one helluva tune.

From a roll I think stop would lose...he's 30rwhp down. From a dig though...I think it will be darn close.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
my money is on the yellow cobra...yellow is the fastest color everyone knows this

now if the mach is yellow look out because two yellow cars racing could cause a time ripple

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Good idea, there are a few I can think of off the top of my head that would eat you alive. :eek:

KduncSS

Established Member
Depends if he runs my car or a girl's car. :D

Ofcourse I was referring to your girlfriends car. Especially taking into account the title of the thread......:D

I dont know many details about your other rides, but I have caught enough tidbits throughout other threads to know that your 99 shouldnt be taken lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread