Your favorite authors?

1996slowbra

Established Member
Ender's Shadow was good as well, really any of the books in the Ender series. I have not read any of Orson's other works.

I will have to check out the Commonwealth Saga.

Commonwealth Saga is Space Capitalism

Culture Series is Fully Automated luxury gay space communism, thats the way Banks himself described it lol.

They both posit very interesting philosophical questions and scenarios for the future direction of humanity and the purpose people will have when no one really has to work anymore.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
James Rollins - Sigma Force Series I have read all of his stuff really enjoy it.

I am a leadership and development type of book reader and I enjoy and recommend the following all the time not dry and very entertaining. I read these very quickly and had to force myself to put them down, very intriguing stories in them.

Leading with Honor - Lee Ellis
Outliers: The Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
Smarter Faster Better - Charles Duhigg
Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting out of the Box - Arbringer Institute
7 Habit of Highly Effective People - Sean Covey

I recommend the bottom two as a couple reads too lots of eye opening stuff about life beyond leadership and productivity in the books.

4.698gt

Established Member
Jeffery Deaver I have enjoyed every one of his Lincoln rhyme novels and his turn at a Jame bond novel was good. Carte Blanche was the title if I remember correctly.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Indeed. He even published a book, which I read, and enjoyed.
Well, so far just some short stories, not a full length novel, yet. I appreciate the mention, thanks, guys!

My favorite authors: too many to list them all, but some standouts are: Heinlein, Clarke, Pournelle, Niven, Harry Harrison, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Dale Brown Tom Clancy, Dick Francis, Sarah Hoyt, John Ringo, Larry Correia ... the list goes on forever.

Favorite new author is Larry Correia, his Monster Hunter International series. All the classic supernatural bad guys? Vampires, Werewolves, witches, etc? They're all real, and ordinary men and women have to deal with them ... with guns, explosives, artillery and everything else you can imagine. You could almost feel sorry for the supernaturals. Written by devoted gun nut and B-movie fan.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't read much fiction. Just read

Mans Search for Meaning
by Victor Frankl

Wiseguy
by Nicholas Pileggi

Banality of Evil
by Hannah Arendt

Fat Boss

Established Member
This guy.

1*uvnwMDOs1yyPsB71Bmm8lg.jpg

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
as mentioned above, Jeffery Deaver Lincoln Rhymes series (made a movie "The Bone Collector")

Brad Thor
Dean Koontz- older stuff, or Odd Thomas series
Mark Greaney (gray man series)
Harlan Coben
Greg Iles- Bone tree series
Stephen Hunter, Bobby Lee Swagger anyone?? (movie Shooter based off os his book)
Michael Crichton RIP, great books!!

Last edited:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
David Baldacci, Jack DuBrul, Stuart Woods, Lee Child (the Jack Reacher series), Robert Parker (Spenser series).

The first three are adventure type books (my fav being DuBrul, but he's only written 5 books) the back two are detective type with some serious comedy thrown in.

If you're curious about SciFi, Snover's collection is great, Larry Niven's Neutron Star collection is a good mix of short reads. Ringworld will grab you for awhile.

Would you like to throw a year away reading? David Eddings' Belgariad and later Mallorean. "Pawn of Prophesy" will hook you, from there there are 11 more books you'll have to read. Somewhat of an update to LOTR, written to read a lot more easily. (Eddings himself admits this) Eddings develops his characters thoroughly, all with a humorous twist- without getting tedious (like Tolkien.) Don't get me wrong; LOTR is great too, it takes effort to get through it.

For the last, there's a book done by collaborating Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen called "Good Omens" that's fun to read like "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" (also good.)

Got a Kindle? PM me for material sources.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Funny, I enjoy most of the authors listed. Pretty much read all of king’s, jack reacher, And koontz’s books. I enjoyed just about all of Brett Easton ellis’s Books—3 have been made into movies—American psycho, rules of attraction, and less than zero.

I used to play halo (the shooter video game) a ton, and found the halo trilogy books to be really good.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
My favorite read is Neverwhere by Neil Gailman. It is Alice in Wonderland but darker.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread