Your favorite authors?

Coiled03

Established Member
I like to read......a lot. However, the length of the the list of authors I like to read probably doesn't reflect my appetite. In the spirit of trying to find some new material, tell me who your favorite authors are, and your favorite book from each. Maybe all us bookworms can pick up a few new names to check out. Here are mine:

Stephen King: IT
Tom Clancy: The Hunt for Red October
Lee Child: Anything from the Jack Reacher series.
Robert Ludlum: The Bourne Identity
John Grisham: The Pelican Brief
Fredrick Forsyth: No real favorite, though I enjoyed many of them.

Yeah, I like fiction, mostly. I like to read non-fiction, too. But I don't classify those by author so much as subject matter. Maybe that's weird, I don't know.

Whoddya got?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I recommend this for all my svtp brethren!
dc22eb27af31863268dacef78db219cb.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I like Tom Clancy, Dale Brown books and on the sci-fi stuff, well I am a dork that reads Star Wars novels, or used to before disney queer'd it all up. The old stuff is still good, especially the Timothy Zahn books, but it's no longer canon by disney standards...

for non-fiction I recently finished Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder, highly recommend it.

1996slowbra

Established Member
I like to read......a lot. However, the length of the the list of authors I like to read probably doesn't reflect my appetite. In the spirit of trying to find some new material, tell me who your favorite authors are, and your favorite book from each. Maybe all us bookworms can pick up a few new names to check out. Here are mine:

Stephen King: IT
Tom Clancy: The Hunt for Red October
Lee Child: Anything from the Jack Reacher series.
Robert Ludlum: The Bourne Identity
John Grisham: The Pelican Brief
Fredrick Forsyth: No real favorite, though I enjoyed many of them.

Yeah, I like fiction, mostly. I like to read non-fiction, too. But I don't classify those by author so much as subject matter. Maybe that's weird, I don't know.

Whoddya got?

You like Sci Fi? I just got finished with Ian M Bank's culture series, very very good.

1996slowbra

Established Member
Orson Scott Card is great!

Enders Game and Speaker for the Dead are pretty good, his other books after that start to get a little... weird?

Hes a Mormon and you can see his religious upbringing start to filter into his writing in later books, which is fine and everything, but if you were expecting more science and less fiction you are going to be disappointed.

Another great author is Peter F Hamilton, read the Commonwealth Saga if you get the chance.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't read much but if I pick up a Kurt Vonnegut book I usually will finish it. I love his writing style.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Enders Game and Speaker for the Dead are pretty good, his other books after that start to get a little... weird?

Hes a Mormon and you can see his religious upbringing start to filter into his writing in later books, which is fine and everything, but if you were expecting for more and less fiction you are going to be dissapointed.

Another great author is Peter F Hamilton, read the Commonwealth Saga if you get the chance.

Ender's Shadow was good as well, really any of the books in the Ender series. I have not read any of Orson's other works.

I will have to check out the Commonwealth Saga.

Users who are viewing this thread