Your Death Can Reveal Only an Afterlife

infidel0910

Established Member
I know this is an interesting topic, but I really don't think about what happens when you die. If there is an afterlife, cool, if not, then there is nothing you can really do about it, apparently you won't know if there isn't one. So live and enjoy life and lead a good one, and for goodness sake, GO RACING!!!

jimmy77

Established Member
Most have stories about others...here's my story with death........In 1982 I had a job cleaning houses when folks moved. I was in the bathroom cleaning when all of a sudden I began to feel sick. I walked outside to get some air and told my father that I didn't feel well and was going outside. I had sat up on an old metal garbage can and that was the last thing I remember. The next thing I remember was this incredible warm white light.....I also remember feeling fantastic and I was was heading toward the light. Suddenly, I became aware that I wasn't gonna go and was disappointed. I remember waking up to my father/medics who had just arrived. Apparently 15 minutes had elapsed since I had become unconcious.....I had no concept of how much time was passing when I was unconcious but, my mind worked perfect. I was also told I had stopped breathing...and no heartbeat for over 10 minutes.

I notice that Wurd likes to talk about such things as God...I can't tell if its curiosity or badgering. I can tell Wurd this: Stories don't prove anything..Facts do. I'm a scientific type person..my job depends on it. I'm in the aerospace industry.

So what is the best proof of the existence of God next to faith? I'll give you an example: If me and Wurd go to Vegas and I drop my chips on the winning numbers 200 times in a row...are you going to bet against me on the 201st time? If you do....you're foolish. So what am I getting at? There's a reason God used the jewish scribes to accurately record all the information contained in the bible. Why? Because if GOD is the creator of the heavens and the earth then he is also the creator of time.....time that he can go to at any time and at any spot because he created it and knows exactly how it works. 25% of everything wrote in the bible was future events. So, wouldn't it figure that he would tell us what would happen in history before it would actually happen? He would do this to prove that he is the one true GOD and there is none other. The GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is indeed the creator of the universe..all others are fakes....why? Cause only the one true GOD knows whats gonna happen beforte it actually does. The Jews are arguably one of the most intelligent people who have ever existed....noble peace prizes...DR's..Lawyers..So why would such a group perpetuate GOD if it wasn't true? Wouldn't they be amongest the toughest to convice? They certainly have the intellect to separate truth from fiction. Granted not all Jews are religious......and lets not forget the religion of the western nations who are the back bone of most modern science? How could our forefathers have believed in such fallacies? (most anyway) It doesn't make sense unless it is in fact true.

I'll give you a few examples and the rest is up to you:

1. Isaiah 17....the destruction of Damascus Syria...this will soon come to pass. Damascus has been continually inhabited for over 6000 years but, GOD has other plans.

2. Isaiah 66:8 Israel born in a day from travail? May 15 1948 Israel becomes a nation again after 1900 years in excile.

In closing ,man had 6000 years to get his act together. He's failed miserably. The last 1000 years will be the millenial kingdom....ruled by the Jewish Messiah. You will have fantastic health...you will see no war...you will see peace only. All the nations will (gladly) travel to Jerusalem to pay homage to the son of man. If they don't.....he will withold their rain. If you think we have technology now....wait till you see whats in store......If GOD can make a donkey talk to Paul (saul) then he can certainly convince WURD that he'd be a welcome edition to the kingdom....a kingdom that is about ready to start...PEACE.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Wurd has no proof that Heaven and life after physical death don't exist. If I had to choose between the two philosophies I would have to pick the more positive view that life goes on. Convincing oneself and others of a finite view point based solely on personal belief is a sign of a limited thought process. His lack of philosophical depth handcuffs his own argument.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
Wurd has no proof that Heaven and life after physical death don't exist. .

And he does not need any. The complete lack of evedence supporting the existence of an afterlife is enough. Do you have any evidence that disproves the existence of spiderman? Or leprechauns?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
jimmy77 said:
In 1982 I had a job cleaning houses when folks moved. I was in the bathroom cleaning when all of a sudden I began to feel sick. I walked outside to get some air and told my father that I didn't feel well and was going outside. I had sat up on an old metal garbage can and that was the last thing I remember. The next thing I remember was this incredible warm white light.....I also remember feeling fantastic and I was was heading toward the light. Suddenly, I became aware that I wasn't gonna go and was disappointed. I remember waking up to my father/medics who had just arrived.

I do not mean to be dismissive of your brush with death, but I have to ask: what if you had been born somewhere in the Middle East to Muslim parents in a Muslim village? Would you have attributed your experience to an alternate one true God named Allah? Or would you somehow find Yahweh where billions of other Muslims have failed?

jimmy77 said:
So what is the best proof of the existence of God next to faith?...25% of everything wrote in the bible was future events.

I would expect predictions of the future as detailed by the creator of the universe to be risky, specific, and unerringly accurate. Predicting that a given civilization will rise or fall is convenient and hardly risky because by nature that is what civilizations do. The bible's authenticity would be a different story if it had a flawless track record of predictions but it doesn't. For example, God made the following prediction in Exodus 33:2 (KJV):

And I will send an angel before you; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:

This prediction is also reflected in Joshua 3:10 (KJV):

And Joshua said, Hereby you shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites.

But according to Judges 3:1-5 (KJV), this prediction FAILED:

Now these are the nations which the LORD left, to prove Israel by them, even as many of Israel as had not known all the wars of Canaan; Only that the generations of the children of Israel might know, to teach them war, at the least such as before knew nothing thereof; Namely, five lords of the Philistines, and all the Canaanites, and the Sidonians, and the Hivites that dwelled in mount Lebanon, from mount Baalhermon to the entering in of Hamath. And they were to prove Israel by them, to know whether they would listen to the commandments of the LORD, which he commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses. And the children of Israel dwelled among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites:

jimmy77 said:
Stories don't prove anything. Facts do. I'm a scientific type person...my job depends on it. I'm in the aerospace industry...if GOD is the creator of the heavens and the earth then he is also the creator of time...time that he can go to at any time and at any spot because he created it and knows exactly how it works...The GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is indeed the creator of the universe...all others are fakes...

You might apply scientific thinking at work, but the aspect of your worldview described above is hardly scientific or factual. It is faith-based and I think you should present it under its true flag.

jimmy77 said:
The Jews are arguably one of the most intelligent people who have ever existed....noble peace prizes...DR's..Lawyers...So why would such a group perpetuate GOD if it wasn't true? Wouldn't they be amongest the toughest to convice? They certainly have the intellect to separate truth from fiction. Granted not all Jews are religious...

Who is the "grand daddy" of Jewish intellectuals?

:)

jimmy77 said:
...and lets not forget the religion of the western nations who are the back bone of most modern science? How could our forefathers have believed in such fallacies? (most anyway) It doesn't make sense unless it is in fact true.

Scientific truths are not the slightest bit dependent on religiosity. You cannot seriously argue that the validity of a given claim is somehow determined by a show of supporting hands. Somewhere prior to the 1930's, the entire scientific community believed that our Milky Way was the only galaxy in existence, present in a static eternal universe. If every human being alive today believed this to be the case, the claim would be no less bogus than when it was originally conceived.

jimmy77 said:
...man had 6000 years to get his act together.

You are wrong by orders of magnitude. Modern human beings have been around somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 years, according to estimates from Richard Dawkins and Francis Collins, respectively.

jimmy77 said:
He's failed miserably.

Humankind has failed? Miserably? By what or whose standards? I find it fascinating that this conversation can even take place.

jimmy77 said:
The last 1000 years will be the millenial kingdom....ruled by the Jewish Messiah. You will have fantastic health...you will see no war...you will see peace only. All the nations will (gladly) travel to Jerusalem to pay homage to the son of man. If they don't.....he will withold their rain.

Hopefully we can have some measure of our planet back after the parties of god have annihilated one another.

jimmy77 said:
If you think we have technology now....wait till you see whats in store......If GOD can make a donkey talk to Paul (saul) then he can certainly convince WURD that he'd be a welcome edition to the kingdom....a kingdom that is about ready to start...

Talking donkeys? Eternal praise and everlasting worship in paradise? No thank you. Leave me out of it.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I love when people make the argument of "proof". Whether that means written biblical predictions or another form. If there was undeniable proof of the existence of God, this in itself squashes the concept of faith. On the other side of that argument, its obviously the former, no proof. And round and round we go.

I consider myself a Christian, we can talk about religion all day long, but bottom line is you have to decide for yourself. No one will ever "win" the argument. While I'm always open to discussions and introducing an interested person, you won't see me handing you flyers about heaven and hell at the airport.

I love when people make the argument of "proof". Whether that means written biblical predictions or another form. If there was undeniable proof of the existence of God, this in itself squashes the concept of faith. On the other side of that argument, its obviously the former, no proof. And round and round we go.

I consider myself a Christian, we can talk about religion all day long, but bottom line is you have to decide for yourself. No one will ever "win" the argument. While I'm always open to discussions and introducing an interested person, you won't see me handing you flyers about heaven and hell at the airport.

The Bible is all the "undeniable proof" that anyone needs. Every word there is true. YET there are even many Christians who don't believe every word from cover to cover. They've allowed godless thinking to corrupt and contaminate them. Oh well. Some people are on unshakeable ground while others have built their beliefs and foundation on sand.

Also 'faith' is so poorly defined and used these days. To have 'faith' in what the Lord is saying in the Bible means to BELIEVE what He is saying in the Bible is COMPLETELY TRUE. I always hear people talking about taking it by faith. Our I have faith. What do you have faith in though? Its not faith in the invisible. You're supposed to have faith in everything God has to tell you in the Bible. The Lord covers every aspect of our existence in the Bible. From eternal salavation to body health to prosperity to family blessings to right standing with Him, etc. I could go on and on with all the truths the Lord declares in the Bible.

If you believe what the Lord is saying in the Bible, you should never apologize for the truth.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
The Lord covers every aspect of our existence in the Bible. From eternal salavation to body health to prosperity to family blessings to right standing with Him, etc.

Did the Lord inform us of microorganisms?

"Beasts of the field" yes. And the Lord is not the author of anything evil that steals or hurts or kills people. He is not our adversary and we have victory over all those things. Well at least the people that actually believe in what Jesus has done, have victory over all those things.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
The Lord covers every aspect of our existence in the Bible. From eternal salavation to body health to prosperity to family blessings to right standing with Him, etc.

wurd2 said:

01cobravortech said:
"Beasts of the field" yes.

My Google search is leading me through an endless slew of racial nonsense. Do you have specific bible verses that I can verify before the FBI arrives?

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
wurd2,

forget this thread

Just go inside and ask

Everything you seek can be found WITHIN:coolman:

BlackOutUT

Established Member
The Bible is all the "undeniable proof" that anyone needs. Every word there is true. YET there are even many Christians who don't believe every word from cover to cover. They've allowed godless thinking to corrupt and contaminate them. Oh well. Some people are on unshakeable ground while others have built their beliefs and foundation on sand.

Also 'faith' is so poorly defined and used these days. To have 'faith' in what the Lord is saying in the Bible means to BELIEVE what He is saying in the Bible is COMPLETELY TRUE. I always hear people talking about taking it by faith. Our I have faith. What do you have faith in though? Its not faith in the invisible. You're supposed to have faith in everything God has to tell you in the Bible. The Lord covers every aspect of our existence in the Bible. From eternal salavation to body health to prosperity to family blessings to right standing with Him, etc. I could go on and on with all the truths the Lord declares in the Bible.

If you believe what the Lord is saying in the Bible, you should never apologize for the truth.

I understand what your saying, and agree 100%. My post was simply iterating that there always seems to be a "burden of proof" being passed around that usually turns into an argument. In reality there must be an openness to explore these issues on your own and make a decision for yourself. In my personal experiences I've found that the deeper I dig, the more my beliefs are confirmed. However, I'll be the first to admit that I cannot fire off an answer to every question involving the Bible. I'm sure someone more versed can (maybe you).

My "airport" comment, was a quick shot at extremists usually getting most of the publicity. I wish more people realized there are extremist in every religion, including Christianity.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think it is futile for us to try and prevent the atoms that compose our bodies from being recirculated and reused elsewhere in nature after death. This is why I will always argue that placing our dead in coffins in the ground is a very shortsighted and ridiculous exercise. Even if this tradition is consoling, it is not scalable with population growth over time.

I asked my wife to push my dead body over a cliff to feed the animals and insects, she looked at me like I was crazy. I mean they could still just put up a headstone somewhere if they wanted to mourn or party.

Last edited by a moderator:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
was there a "beforelife"?? i'll bet no one says yes (but if there is, speak up... it should be interesting)

to me that right there speaks volumes, and helps to make it obvious that there is no "afterlife". eternal life is just another religious idea that consoles our primal fear of death.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I don't know who said it first, but I have always felt the best answer to the question of what happens when you die is: the same thing that happened before you were born.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You cannot legitimately answer neither so why bother trying to make the point like you know what youre talking about? The Bible tells of our afterlife so therefore we have faith in what God is telling us is true. From what the Bible says, there very well could be a beforelife but there isn't even any mention in the Bible for this. Just that the Lord has you specifically picked for a purpose in this life. Everyone's life is meant to be a blessed one but in this struggle of a life very many miss the mark of what they were intended for. Our spirit could have dwelled in Heaven before we are born to this earth or it could be created upon our entry into this earth, there is no answer in the Bible for that question.

Users who are viewing this thread