Your Death Can Reveal Only an Afterlife

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
When you die you will know there is an after-life, you will not know if there is an absence of one.

One of the problems with the white light and floating above my body reasonings is that the person isn't dead. The brain isn't dead in these situations, in fact, its most likely working harder than its ever worked in its which would cause all kinds of trippy experiences. So when the patient is resuscitated there is no reason they wouldn't remember their "after-life" experience.

What's really interesting is there are drugs that can keep your brain alive for days while doctors try to get your other organs working again. Now that is some scary shit.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
MY wife works in a Hospital. She has seen MANY people die. She says that until you see the various states at which people die you dont really understand. By "various states" I mean some people are terified, some only want to die to end the pain, and others are ready to die, have their things in order and are completely content. My wife says that she has never seen a more peaceful person than when they die. They look happy(if that makes any sence).

Last week she had a patiant who died and was dead for something like 10-15 minutes and then was brought back. That lady(a sturn none beliver in God/the after life, etc) told my wife that when she died she was standing in a room, the walls were glowing bright white and all she heard was a voice that said "you have not lived the life I gave you correctly, go back and make a change". The next thing she knew she was laying in the hospital with my wife next to here. She is now a believer and is reading a bible daily.

My dad drown in a swimming pool when he was 11-12(he is 63 now) and he still remembers what happened like it was yesterday. He said he was walking up to a giant white door way with light coming out of it. He could not see inside but before he reached the door a voice said to him "Gary, it is not your time, you have a life to live". Next thing he remembers is waking up on the side of the pool.

Some crazy stuff for sure. Really makes you question what IS and what IS NOT.

Its amazing what DMT trips will make you believe what you see.

Jefe

Established Member
On the subject of life after death, I have heard several people remark in closing that when we die we will conclusively know whether or not our personal experience continues beyond our biological demise. In all such discussions that I've been involved in, or near enough to overhear, participants readily accept this statement with unwavering agreement.

I think they're all demonstrably wrong. And I hope you disagree with me at this point.

In the event of your death, you may find that your personal experience in some capacity persists. If this is the case, you can experientially conclude and actually know that life in fact continues after death.
You disagreed with that viewpoint and then stated it may be possible...Contradiction?

The crazy thing is I agree with the rest...If I was as "empty" as you are :beer:

If, on the other hand, death precedes nonexistence and you die, it will be utterly impossible for you to experience in any manner whatsoever because you, by definition of nonexistence, will not be present to do so. Therefore, if your death is to reveal, the revelation itself will necessarily be a confirmation of an afterlife. Otherwise, your death is simply not to reveal—at all.

So where does that leave us?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i really hope the light at the end of the tunnel is not the end of a vagina. I would much rather be a ghost and the haunt the shit out of some unsuspecting homeowners lol.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Jefe said:
You disagreed with that viewpoint and then stated it may be possible...Contradiction?

What I disagree with is the possibility of experiencing the absence of an afterlife. So it does not work to say that we may or may not know, as so many people claim. In other words, after you die, it will be impossible to know there is no afterlife whether there really is one or not.

Jefe said:
So where does that leave us?

...probably right where we started.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
infidel0910 said:
We'll all take that last ride someday, find out then.

What I am trying to get at is that we will only find out if there is an afterlife. So the only thing we could find out is that there is an afterlife. If there is no afterlife, there will be no finding out.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
What I am trying to get at is that we will only find out if there is an afterlife. So the only thing we could find out is that there is an afterlife. If there is no afterlife, there will be no finding out.

Wurd!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Would it not suck that when you died you got a glimpse of an afterlife then "Sorry bro you don't get to enjoy this", poof...

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
ssj4sadie said:
Would it not suck that when you died you got a glimpse of an afterlife then "Sorry bro you don't get to enjoy this", poof...

Indeed that would suck. But a smidgeon of evidence for such a circumstance would suck even more.

:)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

so what discussion are you looking to have then?

BlackOutUT

Established Member
<just googled Jasmine Burns.... but anyway... I believe theres something afterwords... thats all I'll say on this subject.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
So what discussion are you looking to have then?

I am curious to see what (and how) other people think about my primary point that we cannot know nonexistence and therefore we can only know an afterlife if in fact knowing is at all possible after death. I think I am right, but I would be really interested in learning something that forces me to change my mind.

It is also possible that our personal experience continues after we die but perhaps in such a manner that any knowledge or recollection of our time prior to death is totally (or maybe even partially) unavailable. I am not sure if this is a problem for my main point though.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
**** all that, if I live a full life (80+ years) it's more then possible that modern science can find a way to upload our conscious minds into a computer. I'm going to live forever in robot form and travel to new civilizations throughout the galaxy and start religions
revolving around an afterlife!

Users who are viewing this thread