Your Death Can Reveal Only an Afterlife

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
but your faith does factor into this because it makes the concrete claim that there IS an afterlife. when asked for evidence, with all due respect the only ground the believer has to stand on is faith. this however is not acceptable as evidence. i've never witnessed a believer commenting on the afterlife by putting forward mere opinions, leaving open the possibility that they could be wrong. the faithful believe with absolute certainty that not only do they know there is eternal life but in fact claim to know details of it that human beings could not possibly know. there is a very interesting case that is made for the possibility that our consciousness might survive the death of our physical body but it is in no way related to belief in the divine or any monotheistic god. i can send you a link to it if youre interested but i will say in advance it is definitely "out there" and lacks any evidence (ie its nothing more than an opinion on one possibility)

My faith has nothing to do with what I brought up, which was wurd's character, and him not willing to have a serious conversation or serious debate. They are never designed to be. He is trolling. He targets religion, asks for scientific proof....which is impossible because religion is philosophy. You see why these conversations always go south and why he never gets proof? He claims to have an open mind, but is far from it when it comes to anything that has to do with any sort of religion.

He has an agenda for sure.

This is just off the first page of his "posted threads":

"Your Death Can Reveal Only an Afterlife"
"Dear Anti-Evolutionists: Human & Bonobo Genomes Differ By 1.3% "
"All Aboard the Atheist Bus!"
"Religulous Movie"
"Church of England to Apologize to Charles Darwin"
"Science on Creating Living Matter from Nonliving Matter!"
"New Computational Method To Investigate Origin Of Life"
"Life-Forming Chemicals Found in Distant Galaxy"

Do you find this odd at all? Does he sound like he's open to discussion when he CONTINUES to target a specific group? Sounds to me like a witch hunt.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Can you provide ONE example?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. A version of your classic line. "Give me one example or admit that you're wrong"

Sorry, can't play this time, bud. School is in full swing and I simply don't have much time.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
suaveflooder, I have made no secret whatsoever that I enjoy discussing science and religion. You are attempting to use mere THREAD TITLES to support your claim that I have a closed mind and am not open to changing it regardless of where the conversation goes.

You have yet to provide a SINGLE example of your attack on my character.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
suaveflooder, I have made no secret whatsoever that I enjoy discussing science and religion. You are attempting to use mere THREAD TITLES to support your claim that I have a closed mind and am not open to changing it regardless of where the conversation goes.

You have yet to provide a SINGLE example of your attack on my character.

:read:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. A version of your classic line. "Give me one example or admit that you're wrong"

Sorry, can't play this time, bud. School is in full swing and I simply don't have much time.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
suaveflooder said:

:rollseyes

My how convenient.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
suaveflooder, I don't think you realize that people can actually read these posts and see your games for what they are. You made an attack on my character and in response to my asking you to substantiate your attack, you have become defensive and irrational.

If you were so pressed for time, why are you posting in this thread at all?

If you were so pressed for time, why compile a list of some of the threads I have created over the years?

If you do not like me asking you for evidence for a claim, simply invoke the faith card and say that it has been privately revealed to you that wurd2 is closed minded and trolling this forum with a hidden agenda.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
suaveflooder, I don't think you realize that people can actually read these posts and see your games for what they are. You made an attack on my character and in response to my asking you to substantiate your attack, you have become defensive and irrational.

If you were so pressed for time, why are you posting in this thread at all?

If you were so pressed for time, why compile a list of some of the threads I have created over the years?

If you do not like me asking you for evidence for a claim, simply invoke the faith card and say that it has been privately revealed to you that wurd2 is closed minded and trolling this forum with a hidden agenda.

Working out, dawg. :coolman: I was writing short answers between sets. As gay as it sounds, it's true. Sadly, work out is over and back to the lovely life of college! Continue on being "open minded" wurd :thumbsup:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
suaveflooder said:
Working out, dawg. :coolman: I was writing short answers between sets. As gay as it sounds, it's true. Sadly, work out is over and back to the lovely life of college! Continue on being "open minded" wurd :thumbsup:

Okay.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
The only reason I...entertain your questions and these debates is just for the sake of a debate. It keeps you sharp and always thinking...Trying to coerce some sort of evidence from faith out of us just sounds uneducated.

wurd2 said:
How is it that a debate keeps you "sharp and thinking" when you demand of the opposing side reason and evidence for its views and claims while you yourself mock the very notion that you should have to do the same?

svtfocus2cobra, any follow up here?

7.62x51

Established Member
You are attempting to use mere THREAD TITLES to support your claim that I have a closed mind and am not open to changing it regardless of where the conversation goes.

wurd2, if you are open to Jesus, why don't you simply just close your eyes and ask Him to reveal himself to you?

I believe if you ask Him and mean it, He will reveal Himself to you in a way that goes beyond all doubt. If you really want to know God, your going to have to stop looking for Him through 'science'. He goes beyond all human understanding, and if you want to meet Him, your going to have to take a small step of faith and simply ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you.

Just simply ask "Jesus, if you are real, I want to know. I ask that you would show yourself to me that would remove all doubt". Done. That is all you have to say. If you mean it when you ask, prepare to be blown away.

If there is even the smallest, slightest possibility that the message of the cross was true, wouldn't you excersize every option you have to prove that it isn't true? If I wasn't a Christian, I would want to know with absolute certainty that there is no heaven or hell, and if means that I have to get on my knees and beg Jesus to show Himself to me, then so be it. There isn't much to lose to be honest. If He isn't real, you are right where you started - but if He is, then we need to get on board because He does save you if you want to be saved.

Remember, we are responsible for our own eternity. God doesn't send us anywhere when we die, we send ourselves. He does however offer us a free gift that is up for grabs. Not only does this gift secure your soul for eternity (see: dualism), it also gives you the life you have always dreamed for. I can't even tell you the blessings that have been poured out on myself, my wife, my family, my teammates. It is a joy, peace, contentment and sense of fulfillment that goes beyond all logical explanation. It must be experienced to understand.

I hope and pray that you take that small step of faith wurd2. I know you will, it's been prayed for. I will see you in paradise one day my friend wurd2, you just dont know it yet!

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
7.62x51, I really appreciate your post above. I think it is very honest, genuine, and polished. I will respond when time allows, hopefully today at some point.

:beer:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
^ Awesome post 7.62x51

I don't know if this is considered a deja vu experience, or a vision. And it wasn't a crazy vision at all. It was one of those dreams that felt a little too real. When I was 16/17 right before I got my license I always wanted a mustang. I wanted mustang so much that I remember in junior high school day dreaming about getting one. Well fast forward to when I was 17. I woke up and felt kind of sad. I dreamnt that I got green mustang, had parchment interior it was in huge wide driveway for sale. It was auto, and very quiet with just catback. It wasn't aggressive or anything which made me kind of sad. Ok, fast forward to the summer. I go test many mustangs about 4 or 5 if i remember correctly, some had high mileage, some had low mileage, or the price range wasn't right. So I search on autotrader see this Green GT close to me. I go with my parents to check it out and it had everything that I saw in my dream. It kind of scared me when I made the connection like a year later. Didn't realize i dreamnt about the car I was going to have. I even saw guys house and driveway. I honestly think that the Lord knows your heart desires, and if you serve him/put him first in everything, he gives you what you want. I felt like I was viewing segment in time that I haven't been through yet, and came to pass.

I know this experience is kind of childish, but thats what I experienced with deja vu or visions.

bullitt890

Established Member
^ Awesome post 7.62x51

I don't know if this is considered a deja vu experience, or a vision. And it wasn't a crazy vision at all. It was one of those dreams that felt a little too real. When I was 16/17 right before I got my license I always wanted a mustang. I wanted mustang so much that I remember in junior high school day dreaming about getting one. Well fast forward to when I was 17. I woke up and felt kind of sad. I dreamnt that I got green mustang, had parchment interior it was in huge wide driveway for sale. It was auto, and very quiet with just catback. It wasn't aggressive or anything which made me kind of sad. Ok, fast forward to the summer. I go test many mustangs about 4 or 5 if i remember correctly, some had high mileage, some had low mileage, or the price range wasn't right. So I search on autotrader see this Green GT close to me. I go with my parents to check it out and it had everything that I saw in my dream. It kind of scared me when I made the connection like a year later. Didn't realize i dreamnt about the car I was going to have. I even saw guys house and driveway. I honestly think that the Lord knows your heart desires, and if you serve him/put him first in everything, he gives you what you want. I felt like I was viewing segment in time that I haven't been through yet, and came to pass.

I know this experience is kind of childish, but thats what I experienced with deja vu or visions.

so the holy father knew you wanted a mustang and gave it to you. i wonder what your thoughts would be on this being had you been a child starving to death, praying for food, only to die a slow and painful death. maybe jesus likes car guys in the united states more than children in third world countries?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra, any follow up here?

Just woke up from a nap, lol.

What I mean is that is that you're guys' questions makes me think to provide responses on what the Bible says and usually rebuttals to misinformation. This all keeps me sharp on my knowledge of the Bible, and it has resulted in me knowing God in ways I never knew before. So I really have to say thank you! I'll keep coming back.

And I am not mocking anything here, just making it known that some of these answers you guys demand cannot be had by any of us, so why try? In this venue I'm rather admitting defeat as some will see it because we simply cannot give you what you want. The answers lie somewhere else.

...and what 7.62 said!

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
so the holy father knew you wanted a mustang and gave it to you. i wonder what your thoughts would be on this being had you been a child starving to death, praying for food, only to die a slow and painful death. maybe jesus likes car guys in the united states more than children in third world countries?

provoking post. But from your tone in your post you are seriously trolling, and just want to start a flame war. I'm sharing my experience of seeing something that I have now, that I saw in dream before I had it. :shrug: Its extremely small, and futile.

How about you stop blaspheming God, and donate money to those children who need it instead ranting about it on svtperformance. Maybe you'll have some compassion in your life, instead provoking people on a mustang site.

Lastly Jesus loves everybody, he doesn't "like" certain groups of people and is no respecter of men. So when you pass away, your rank in this world will mean nothing. The same measure you measure people with, will be measured back to you.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
wurd2, if you are open to Jesus, why don't you simply just close your eyes and ask Him to reveal himself to you?

I believe if you ask Him and mean it, He will reveal Himself to you in a way that goes beyond all doubt. If you really want to know God, your going to have to stop looking for Him through 'science'. He goes beyond all human understanding, and if you want to meet Him, your going to have to take a small step of faith and simply ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you.

Just simply ask "Jesus, if you are real, I want to know. I ask that you would show yourself to me that would remove all doubt". Done. That is all you have to say. If you mean it when you ask, prepare to be blown away.

If there is even the smallest, slightest possibility that the message of the cross was true, wouldn't you excersize every option you have to prove that it isn't true? If I wasn't a Christian, I would want to know with absolute certainty that there is no heaven or hell, and if means that I have to get on my knees and beg Jesus to show Himself to me, then so be it. There isn't much to lose to be honest. If He isn't real, you are right where you started - but if He is, then we need to get on board because He does save you if you want to be saved.

Remember, we are responsible for our own eternity. God doesn't send us anywhere when we die, we send ourselves. He does however offer us a free gift that is up for grabs. Not only does this gift secure your soul for eternity (see: dualism), it also gives you the life you have always dreamed for. I can't even tell you the blessings that have been poured out on myself, my wife, my family, my teammates. It is a joy, peace, contentment and sense of fulfillment that goes beyond all logical explanation. It must be experienced to understand.

I hope and pray that you take that small step of faith wurd2. I know you will, it's been prayed for. I will see you in paradise one day my friend wurd2, you just dont know it yet!

Boom! :banana: Great post.

The only thing I would add is don't only keep an open mind, keep your heart open as well (a little homo but true). And yes everyone should know there is a difference. He reveals himself to everyone in their own unique way.

On a side note, to what I believe was wurd2's original question. Theoretically, if you want to speak of there not being an afterlife, slipping into nothing, returning to the earth. yada yada, I would think realizing or being aware of this would be impossible. Even though that is not what I believe.

Back to watching "The Rock" <badass movie

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I do not doubt there are countless cases of this phenomenon, but what I find curious, and rather odd, is that such non-believers always seem to turn to the god or gods that are most prominent among their respective cultures at the time.

Maybe God reveals himself to you in different ways? :shrug: God works in mysterious ways is the saying.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Wurd, you have got to try this. Only then will you fully understand how stupid religion is. No, never mind. You know jumping off a 10 story building is stupid. Try this only if you want to experience what you already know.

7.62x51

Established Member
Wurd, you have got to try this. Only then will you fully understand how stupid religion is. No, never mind. You know jumping off a 10 story building is stupid. Try this only if you want to experience what you already know.

ah, DaleM. Dont worry man, you have many a prayer coming your way as well. What do someone really have to lose by saying a 10 second prayer?

As far as Religion goes - there are (2) things in this world that probably turn people away from the one true God more than anything else:

- Religion
- People who confess Jesus with their lips, but deny Him by their actions.

Knowing Jesus personally is a far cry from Religion. It has been said before, but Jesus came to set us free from Religion. In fact, it was the Religious Pharisees who crucified and murdered Jesus on the cross, because the message that Jesus brought was so contradicting to the Religious 'system' that was in place. Religion is man's pedestal for power and influence (see: Catholic Church), and unfortunately those people who use Religion for their own benefit will be held accountable before God. It will be worst for them on that day than anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread