Yep

oldmodman

Established Member
Born in 53 and grow up in the 50's and 60's.

Sure had a lot more fun stuff to do. If it was summer and I ever said to my mom "I'm bored" she'd tell me to go play on the freeway.
We lived right at the intersection of the 10 & 405 and it was the greatest playground ever. Huge piles of sand to dig forts into. Construction equipment to play on.
We could ride out bikes for miles and miles on the freeway and never see another person. And when we all got older (11) we would ride out bikes to the beach and swim and surf all day.
Today all our parents would get arrested for letting us run wild all day.
Sucks to be a kid today.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
born in 1982 here. convinced thought that the baby boomers are the ones who have it made. THey lived through the most profitable era of the USA and are now retired- not having to deal with the lack of jobs and insane real estate market of today.

TheSinner

Established Member
All these old folks bragging about how awesome their earlier years were... and I'm over here wishing I could have seen the original KISS lineup :cryying::cryying::cryying:

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
1984 i'm excited about the new tmnt movie, not all about the movie but the fact that me and my 6yr old buy tmnt toys, shirt and stuff i feel like i'm 6 again, great times,

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
88 here.. It's sad to see the new generation..

My son who is 5 doesn't have a ipad, video games, etc. He loves playing outside, and we are forcing him to do it.. SO far so good.. My cousins on the other hand who are younger.. They're vidiots.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
85 here. I'm sure pre 50s people would have a list just as long about us but we one thing in common that we speant more time outside as the latest generation. Technology hadn't taken over liken it has so being outdoors and riding bikes still took precedence. I remember only paying video games when I could only play with my brother and sister.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I was born in 91 and still did someee of that stuff :lol1:

Prototype007

Established Member
88 model here and I agree!

You never realize how tough those old floor model televisions are until you crack your skull on one and it's unphased!

SBVERT03

Established Member
I was born in 91 and still did someee of that stuff :lol1:

Haha 91 here too and I was thinking the same thing.

It really is true though. I look at 6-8 year olds with iPads and cell phones and I can't believe it. It seems like kids grow up so much faster now a days, even compared to when I was a child in the 90's.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Great Thread

1961 - Lake Jackson, Texas (Dow Chemical plant town)

Played in the woods all day with my friends. Mom never worried if she didn't see or hear us. She would just call around and find out who was with who, then she knew where we were.

And agree with the poster who said you didn't want to cross Dad. (Worst feeling in the world was when Mom said, "Wait until your father gets home.")

Sometimes during summer, when it rained real hard, the ditches would fill up and we would play Army, jumping in and out of the ditches to take cover - like we'd seen in the war movies.

Had a black and white tv, with bunny ears. ABC, NBC, and CBS. No UHF channels until late '60's, early '70's. I used to get up early just to see the daily network sign on, with fighter jets, the flag, and national anthem playing. And back then PBS was a lot of nothing, except for Jack LaLanne (and his white GSD).

Lassie
The Rifleman
Andy Griffith / Maybury RFD
Mr. Ed
Time Tunnel
Star Trek (yeah, the original)
Rowan & Martin's Laugh In

One night at summer camp in July of '69, they marched us all up the hill to the camp owner's house. They had set his B&W tv out on the back patio so we could watch Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon.

POW/MIA bracelets.

Personal computers didn't come along until I was in college.

I still think of an ATM card as something "new."

Much simpler time.

Users who are viewing this thread