Yep

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I was born in 1953. It was a wonderful time to grow up. School was fun and summers were 3 months of sun and playing with your friends. Maybe sneaking a peak at one of your Dad's Playboy mags.

BOOBIES FTMFW

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
1980....well pretty much 81 (12/31) I can remember it like it was yesterday.....riding bikes. With our helmets on. We weren't worried about the NAACP or PETA or Social Services coming to come intervene. If I was caught without a helmet, I'd get lil reminder from dad and possibly lose the bike for a few days.....and what the hell is a kid supposed to do without a bike for a few days. I remember walking/riding a few miles through the woods to get to the corner store to buy what ever candy and gum you could get for .78 cents. GD candy bars are $1.50 these days. Played in the woods and creeks, built forts, played army, NO PHONES, PAGERS, IPADS, IPHONES. Didn't come home until you heard someone yelling your name or it was getting dark. None of this BS play 60 shit needed. Kids actually willingly went outside and ran around for hours. I do have to say Christmas of 86 we got nintendo and it was a game changer. Mario, Duck hunt, Rad Racer and Cobra triangle....Man o Man fun times

As for you guys saying you're not sure if you want kids growing up in this day and age. As much pain and suffering there is today kids will blind you to all of it.....AND DESTROY ANY LIFE YOU HAD LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!! I kid i kid, they are wonderful little gifts that outweigh the bad. I might just be saying that since the wife took the kids on a 3 day vacation so the house is quiet. ;)

mtb01

Established Member
1969 here. Thought it was hell growing up but now look back with big $hit eating grin on my face. Still love fast cars and hot women. Some things never change.

03cobrajc

Established Member
It's so true. I remember riding my bike up and down the street until someone else finally came outside and that would start either football game or two on two basketball tournament . Now days kids get winded within first ten minutes of being outside.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
1973 for me.
I have a lot of great memories from my elementary school years.
We used to drag race our Big Wheels and Green Machines on the 100M sprint track behind the school.
I also remember when Stompers were the craze. We used to modify them with 9V batteries and have pulling contests during recess.
I also remember the old pedal bikes which came with dirt bike shocks, and dirt bike cladding.

Good times!

bigwheel.jpg

greenmachine.jpg

stompers3.jpg

6297722.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Groovy times!

OK SVTPr's: Who all used their Mom's wooden clothes pins to attach playing cards on their bikes so they would rub against the spokes?
VVVVRRRRRRRRROOOOOMMMMMMM... HA!

THIS!
b389a90e05ddf7a17a08fb60bf56c1a9.jpg

NOT THIS!
turbospoke-bicycle-exhaust-system-for-kids_thumb.jpg

oldmachguy

Established Member
As many clothes pins and cards as possible.

Also got an idea, from watching funny cars, to rig a parachute. I had to sit on it in my banana seat, peddle as fast as I could like that then throw it out the back. Then had to keep peddling to keep it inflated.

Summers lasted forever, but were over too soon.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
As many clothes pins and cards as possible.

Also got an idea, from watching funny cars, to rig a parachute. I had to sit on it in my banana seat, peddle as fast as I could like that then throw it out the back. Then had to keep peddling to keep it inflated.

Summers lasted forever, but were over too soon.

Hahahahaha Yep, I liked school. But summers always ended too soon.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
First Mustang was a 69 Mach1.351 4bbl 4spd. Working on cars was piece of cake back then, got it in '73. I was raised in NJ and on Prom night we went to the local beach [ Seaside Heights] did 65 miles in 45 minutes [ 4a.m] triple digits all the way, me and the gf in the Mach and my bud and his gf in his Firebird.
Try that shit now.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Born in 83.

I remember getting my Nintendo for Christmas and it sitting idle most of the time cause I was outside. We only played them when we had to come in for curfew or it was too cold out. We'd warm up and be back outside. Playing manhunt,football,basketball, king of the hill, riding our bikes all over gods creation was more fun to us.

I also remember the words "You're grounded" feeling like a life sentence.

I miss those days

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Born in 83.

I remember getting my Nintendo for Christmas and it sitting idle most of the time cause I was outside. We only played them when we had to come in for curfew or it was too cold out. We'd warm up and be back outside. Playing manhunt,football,basketball, king of the hill, riding our bikes all over gods creation was more fun to us.

I also remember the words "You're grounded" feeling like a life sentence.

I miss those days

Ahh the good ole days :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread