Yep

lpheaven

Established Member
born 1968 and 100% to all the above. Still have my coleco electronic quarterback game and my mongoose and torker bikes. I remember i wasnt allowed to use the phone and had to walk or peddle my ass miles to see friends or a girlfirend.
Come to think of it my whole group were in fantastic ****ing shape as well. Playing manhunt every night even in winter in the woods. I may sound like a bad father but i block all devices on the router from 6am-8pm and if my girls arent reading, playing an instrument or outside i force them to do shaun T's insanity with me :)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
88 baby here but happy to say, I lived those times. Take away a kid's iPad today, and they will think their life is ruined.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
88 baby here but happy to say, I lived those times. Take away a kid's iPad today, and they will think their life is ruined.

Unfortunately it's the only thing most kids know now a days, I remember how packed parks use to be now they are bare just don't see many kids playing out doors like we use to.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
1984 here......my dad is 1953 and it always amazes me that when he was 13-14 he and two of his friends in south florida (family owned a huge orange grove in dade county) would hitch hike about 15 miles.......with there .410 shotguns, some lunch and a few bags to go hunt teal lol. He said they never thought twice about being abducted and people never questioned picking them up. Interesting change of times...

Last edited:

Steve@CJPP

Isn't that the truth. I'll just leave this here. It explains the new generations of kids.

0ede9691-c226-4ce1-a284-97a96bff4fa8

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
LOl so true so very true. 60's here. Its funny when I tell people I remember troubleshooting dos 2.1.......

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Kind of a remember when movement.... My grandfather passed away when I was in my teens but I remember him saying that in the 1930s he would get breakfast at a local dinner in a small city and get eggs, grits, toast and bacon and a cup of coffee for .$12 cents lol. I paid more than that for tax on my coffee this morning.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member

Or when you first got cable and didnt subscribe to HBO...etc. Trying to get a glimpse of the boobies in a lesexy movie through the blurred lines.

G-STANG

Established Member
Who had the Big Wheel with the hand brake on the right side that allowed you to spin out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzX9iRKrVvU

My father threw it away on me cause I use to go down the driveway and into the street.

I did. I went through more plastic front tires than any kid on my street. From spinning out to trying to make the plastic tire smoke ( I was a 5 so cut me some slack) my dad said nothing has changed. From big wheels to the classic 70's and 80's car movies (gumball rally, cannonball run etc...) they sure did influence me a lot. Now I tell my nieces and friends kids these stories and they say I am old. I thought 35 was the new 25 lol

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yup, 84 build date here.

Glad to see my generation now being adults and making their kids play outside, though realize we are to blame as consumers for the things like iPad and too much gaming. I gotta force myself into the gym for 30min but got stuck playing guitar hero all Saturday like I was 23 again and loved it. Though kids nowadays don't know the struggle, they'll never play tmnt on the new. Their games are easy, we had hard ass games with no save points. You played till you couldn't and when you came back you started at level 1 again.

JD09GT500

Established Member
Yes! Born in 70's! Totally agree with post. I also think that for the most part music today is horrible! But on the other hand muscle cars are back!

fangstang

Established Member
1977. I'd give anything to be 12yrs old again. No worries or cares in the world.

klr16G

Established Member
1987 kid born and raised out side the suburbs of chicago nothing but big back yards and tons of camping fishing hiking to make you sick ahah but now I have a fancy cell phone that IS a computer kinda crazy.

nxhappy

Established Member
'86 baby checking in! We rode our bikes, built jumps by the creek, climbed trees, swam every day and on occasion would play a video game. We lived outdoors and didn't want it any other way.

same here !

at this point I'm not sure if I want to have any kids. Because this world is so fuk'd up ...

Users who are viewing this thread