Yep

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
80's baby myself. Attended my cousins conjoined wedding shower yesterday and every single kid there was on an iPad or iPhone, out of control.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
60's love child here.

I remember my mother thought she could stop us from crashing into the dash board of the '72 Olds 98 by simply sticking her arm out. The car had lap belts, we never wore them.

Christmas of '76 my father bought us 10 speed bikes, you would have thought he bought us cars. We pedaled thousands of miles as kids.

Remember when public swimming pools had diving boards?! There would be a line of kids 20 deep taking turns bounding as high up in the air as we could jump, flip and splash into the pool.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
'86 baby checking in! We rode our bikes, built jumps by the creek, climbed trees, swam every day and on occasion would play a video game. We lived outdoors and didn't want it any other way.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Remember when public swimming pools had diving boards?! There would be a line of kids 20 deep taking turns bounding as high up in the air as we could jump, flip and splash into the pool.
The pools don't have diving boards anymore?! The F!

Stinger2011

Established Member
I was born in 1988. Everything's pretty much spot on.

Me n my dad used to watched hours of Tom n Jerry together. Gonna miss that.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Late 80s doesn't count. 87 - 89 meant you were in middle school after the millenia, ie, cell phones, high speed internet, social media, PS2s, xBOX, LCDs, etc. I remember I never wanted to go home after school, because I wasn't allowed to have a TV in my room, and in the family room all we had was 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 32 and 50 through a regular antenna.

Born in 82, graduated high school in 2000. I feel bad for kids today, only because I know I would be so ****ed up if I had all of the things we do today as a kid, :lol: I was a little horn ball when I got a hold of a single issue of Playboy, I couldn't imagine having access to something like the internet back then, Jesus...

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Born in 77 and that is spot on. I remember having the first Atari, Coleco Vision, you name it. Used to go on 10 mile bike rides on country roads during summers off from middle school just to explore back roads we'd never been on. When the street lights came on, your ass better be home.

You can't take your eyes off your children nowadays. My 5yr old son is so overprotected that I feel bad for him.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thought pong was great.
50's here…
- My Dad ran a TV/Radio store. We were one of the first ones in town with Pong!
- Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans Rock! Oh man, and the Dancing Bear FTW!!! LOL
- Parents bought me a BAB Schwinn Sting-Ray Bike with a 2-speed kick back… I was sooo excited when we went to the store, I shook like a leaf. I polished the spokes/rims with steel wool and used a white Crayon for the lettering on the tires. Especially the Slick on the back… I loved that bike… Man, I still DO!
- Spent summers at the public pool going off the diving board about a million times playing "Sharks". Was in the pool so much, my blonde hair actually turned green!
- Got yelled at by my Mom for spending $.75 (75 cents) on the Rock-Ola 45 rpm record player at the local Dairy Queen. One of the songs I played was "In The Year 2525"… It must have been the Summer of '69….

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
THIS! We played outside all day. Heard Mom yell it was dinner time. Ate, washed the dishes and was back out side to play.

..and if you did not come when it was time to eat..Oh boy. Than dad got involved and you did not want that. LOL. I had to many backhands in the back of the head. The thing that always sticks in my head were how hard my dad's hands were. He was a machinist.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
60's love child here.

I remember my mother thought she could stop us from crashing into the dash board of the '72 Olds 98 by simply sticking her arm out. The car had lap belts, we never wore them.

Christmas of '76 my father bought us 10 speed bikes, you would have thought he bought us cars. We pedaled thousands of miles as kids.

That hit a nerve right there, in regards to diving boards. I remember as a kid there was a neighborhood pool I used to go to that had a regular diving board and then a high dive. I also remember a kid getting hurt jumping off the high dive and after that they took it out. Luckily I was able to use it a good bit before they dismantled it. I still remember the feeling I got climbing up the tall ladder, standing at the top of it, and jumping off that thing. It was great.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
50's here…
- My Dad ran a TV/Radio store. We were one of the first ones in town with Pong!
- Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans Rock! Oh man, and the Dancing Bear FTW!!! LOL
- Parents bought me a BAB Schwinn Sting-Ray Bike with a 2-speed kick back… I was sooo excited when we went to the store, I shook like a leaf. I polished the spokes/rims with steel wool and used a white Crayon for the lettering on the tires. Especially the Slick on the back… I loved that bike… Man, I still DO!
- Spent summers at the public pool going off the diving board about a million times playing "Sharks". Was in the pool so much, my blonde hair actually turned green!
- Got yelled at by my Mom for spending $.75 (75 cents) on the Rock-Ola 45 rpm record player at the local Dairy Queen. One of the songs I played was "In The Year 2525"… It must have been the Summer of '69….

Ha, we played sharks when I was a kid too. That game has been around for awhile.

smack78

Established Member
I remember our first microwave, took three grown men to hang it :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread