wtb teminator for 15k or less in march.

Zemedici

Established Member
You wont find a $15k Cobra on here. Terminator owners on here think their car is worth their weight in gold, Then they wonder why they have 5 pages of "bumps" over the course of a year.

Your best bet is to keep your eyes peeled on craigslist, Youll find some good cars from people who actually want to move them and not sit on them for a year. A nice 10th ANN Torch Red Coupe with 80k just sold on craigslist recently here for $16k.

Difference between someone who HAS to sell the car and someone who doesn't. Plain and simple. This websites majority is the latter, therefore the cars will be priced accordingly. These are toys, not Necessities.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, ok.
It seems like a few of the new guys have joined to try and have the market prices drop.

Know kidding! In the last few days I've seen a lot of this. Blah blah blah the car is 12 years old I could buy something much newer. Well then go buy something newer. The 03-04 cobra is still a sellers market, so all you noobs get use to it or pack your bags and find something else. Seriously.

Dalton_ray

Established Member
Know kidding! In the last few days I've seen a lot of this. Blah blah blah the car is 12 years old I could buy something much newer. Well then go buy something newer. The 03-04 cobra is still a sellers market, so all you noobs get use to it or pack your bags and find something else. Seriously.

The truth^^, save your money for a while longer to be able to afford something thats not beat to all $hit. Good luck none the less

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The thing about the majority of the cars listed here is, we know the cars and have seen the builds or know the owners.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The thing about the majority of the cars listed here is, we know the cars and have seen the builds or know the owners.

Exactly, and a lot of new members don't know that. Anyone can search my user name and find out damn near everything I've done or had questions about on my car.

OP: I hope you do find one that your looking for.

SonicBeast

Established Member
i just had my blue 03 for sale on here, 73k miles, ported blower, full bolt ons, listed at 20,000. I had multiple people who wanted to buy it for asking but I decided to keep it. then one of the guys offered 21 thinking it would change my mind. the offer was really good and I prolly should have taken it but I really think id regret it. to be honest you may find a fairly stock one with around 80k for 15-17 but any nice car is gonna be out of reach for you. id save your money awhile longer and wait till u can afford one in better shape.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Big difference between a Terminator with <20k miles or 80k+ miles. Also big difference between a car that is on it's 3rd,4th or higher owner and one that's only had one or two. When you park these two cars next to each other and look both over in person it's obvious in a way a few pics on the internet can't convey.

My favorite comment I get on my car isn't to do with mods, it's when someone comments that it looks like a new car even though it's 11 years old.

IMO it's about what you want. If you want a used car that's fast or easily made fast and are flexible on color, you can get deals. If you want a collector\show level car, you need to plan on low to mid 20's.

bdod06

Established Member
I understand it's a hard find and I also understand that for some of you guys who have been on here for a while it seems laughable to want something so nice for "so cheap" I but I've worked hard for what I have a like you said it's a toy not a necessity. I just want a good deal. I'm not a noob nor am I trying to "lower the market value" of these cars. And honestly if you guys were true enthusiasts wouldn't it make more since to help someone else trying to get into the game rather than laugh or make fun and make snide comments. I just want a good deal and I figured the people who were on this site could help me with the find. Perhaps some of the old heads on here should remember what it's like to start from the bottom. So again this was just a feeler to see who was selling what so when March comes I can jump on a car and join the team so of your not going to help keep your negative comments to yourself.

lilsilverponey

Established Member
I may be interested in selling mine in March. It has 120k on the clock but I have pretty much a full history on it and it's in good condition. If you look at my posts you can find the original for sale add when I bought it off of here. I've driven it probably 10 miles in the past 6 months.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I understand it's a hard find and I also understand that for some of you guys who have been on here for a while it seems laughable to want something so nice for "so cheap" I but I've worked hard for what I have a like you said it's a toy not a necessity. I just want a good deal. I'm not a noob nor am I trying to "lower the market value" of these cars. And honestly if you guys were true enthusiasts wouldn't it make more since to help someone else trying to get into the game rather than laugh or make fun and make snide comments. I just want a good deal and I figured the people who were on this site could help me with the find. Perhaps some of the old heads on here should remember what it's like to start from the bottom. So again this was just a feeler to see who was selling what so when March comes I can jump on a car and join the team so of your not going to help keep your negative comments to yourself.

FWIW - I didn't mean my comment as negatively directed at you. I don't think it's impossible to find one for 15k, you are just going to have to go with a high mile car in just OK condition. As long as your willing to accept that, I don't think there's anything wrong with you making this thread.

Zemedici

Established Member

and as we all stated, dont expect too much for 15k.

You get what you pay for.

Good luck in your endeavors.

03cobra5485

Established Member
I'd recommend checking out the 99/01 cobra section, there are people who have the motors built by reputable places for a decent price. I've got mine up for sale for 22k, but I'm just another guy who thinks his cobra is worth it's weight in gold lol..

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Cheap doesn't have to mean ratty. Not sure why everybody is so convinced of that. Got my 03 with 67k on the clock for 16,500. Perfect condition, bone stock, garaged and dealer maintained with a massive stack of maintenance records. But I also had to fly to North Carolina to get it. A 15k car will probably be higher mileage, but that doesn't mean it will be a worn out old turd. Just be patient and do a daily search on all the big websites. Best of luck. :coolman:

Blackoyote

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread