wtb teminator for 15k or less in march.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Well Said. I've always had an interest in Cobras and I would take one over any car anyday (except the RTR-X). You just have to keep searching for a good deal. Use your common sense and knowledge. I've been looking for a good 2 years and I just turned 20. Patience is the key for me. Work my butt off+patience=cobra.

Keep it all on perspective on age. Like ^^ you have some good time to search for deals over the years. I felt as though I needed to wrap it up and get what I wanted before I was so old it didn't matter anymore. I'm probably over-reacting a bit since I was 27 when I got mine a few years back, but I'm glad I have enjoyed it over the years. No point in finally getting your dream car when your youth has past you by. It's worth some extra bucks to just get it now IMO.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
Keep it all on perspective on age. Like ^^ you have some good time to search for deals over the years. I felt as though I needed to wrap it up and get what I wanted before I was so old it didn't matter anymore. I'm probably over-reacting a bit since I was 27 when I got mine a few years back, but I'm glad I have enjoyed it over the years. No point in finally getting your dream car when your youth has past you by. It's worth some extra bucks to just get it now IMO.

I understand what you are saying haha. I just have to find the right deal first. Right now, I'm looking at a 01 Cobra for $14,000 with 37k miles. I realize it's not a terminator but any cobra would do me justice. I'm keeping age in perspective, but I'm also keeping insurance in check too. For a terminator right now, it's a bit high for a college student like me.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I understand what you are saying haha. I just have to find the right deal first. Right now, I'm looking at a 01 Cobra for $14,000 with 37k miles. I realize it's not a terminator but any cobra would do me justice. I'm keeping age in perspective, but I'm also keeping insurance in check too. For a terminator right now, it's a bit high for a college student like me.

Personally, it would be a wise decision to spend the extra few grand on a Terminator that will hold its value and make twice the power. I would never spend near this amount of money on anything other than a very low mileage Mach 1 or a Terminator. But that's just me.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
When did you buy said vehicle?

Picked it up about 3 years ago. Got very lucky though. Owner had been sitting on it a while and dropped it from 18.5 to 16.5 the day before I called him. Spent a few hours on the phone as well making sure I wasn't wasting a trip. Was one of the rare situations where 'sounds too good to be true' wasn't the case.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Don't waste that amount of money on a 01 save your pennies. I had an 01 before my terminator difference is night and day.

yarbrouc

Established Member
i REGRET selling my Lightning and my Cobra. Lightning was my DD at the time and built so fuel was killing me, should have bought a beater in retrospect and kept it. Cobra was a Mystichrome Vert low mile but really wanted a coupe and honestly wasn't a fan of the color. In my ideal world i'd have either matching DSG L and Termi or Sonic Blue peaking out when I open the garage. One day it'll come to fruition but my hobbies run deep. I spend a lot on my Harley and Firearms. Keep up the search! I know i'll be in the market as soon as the Harley is paid for (end of the year) if I don't decide to drop the funds on a machine gun.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I know i'll be in the market as soon as the Harley is paid for (end of the year) if I don't decide to drop the funds on a machine gun.

I hear ya. I was thinking about stepping up to a Shelby but then I realized for that same money I could put a nice 2nd hand SAM launcher in the backyard, so I'm going that direction instead.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Just throwing this out there, I have a 04 TR with 44.5k,
-bassani headers/ o/r xpipe, stock catback
-6 lb lower/stock upper on stock blower
-gt fuel pumps
-brand new( but broken in) spec 3+ with 26 spline input shaft
-mostly everything else is stock
- basically never had the time to enjoy it because I did mods I couldn't afford to tune so I never drove it and once I got my tune my clutch went out.
-me and my wife had a kid and subconsciously I wanted to keep the car but it's an extra payment I just don't want anymore.
It's sat about a year at the house only to be started every now and then.
-only negatives is I sold the stock seats, wheels, and side mirrors on here and never got replacements so you'd have to get those which I'd subtract from my price which would be(after subtraction), 15.5. Pm me if you'd like more details.

Edit :here's my partial pull at fastlane with the ported m122 before putting it back to stock and not really driving it again. Just had my clutch installed/broken in and then found out the ad from the person I bought t from was slightly wrong. It never had gt pumps in it, they were stock pumps. Installed gt pumps and then We got a house and had a baby and all that came to an end.

[video=youtube;O8lNIKREKRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8lNIKREKRM[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread