wtb teminator for 15k or less in march.

Zemedici

Established Member
Cheap doesn't have to mean ratty. Not sure why everybody is so convinced of that. Got my 03 with 67k on the clock for 16,500. Perfect condition, bone stock, garaged and dealer maintained with a massive stack of maintenance records. But I also had to fly to North Carolina to get it. A 15k car will probably be higher mileage, but that doesn't mean it will be a worn out old turd. Just be patient and do a daily search on all the big websites. Best of luck. :coolman:

When did you buy said vehicle?

smokedbystang

Established Member
The deals are out there if you look long/hard enough for them. I've been a member since 2002! Seen a lot come and go but I don't post much. I bought an 03 in 2006 with 4,200 miles for $23,500 and an 03 in approx. 2012 with 59,000 miles for $14,500 and it was mint. Guy had to let it go because he was moving. Should have kept that one. Some guys on here ask high prices but they also have very rare production #'s, very low miles, and heavily modded. Some also ask high prices because they are high! As someone else said, it's nice to see enthusiasts sell there cars because they are well maintained and post the history of the car on this site. I would pay extra for that alone if I know the history. Keep looking for a great deal, they are out there. It's not easy to find and sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Good luck. I will be looking again soon but just bought the wife a 2010 BMW 650i which I keep taking from her. It's a fun car!

dbrennancobra

Established Member
I'm with this guy^^^

I have more than you want to spend... But I'm looking for that PERFECT car, and if I find one that's not perfect I will offer what I would be willing to live with.. If not, I move on.

I have made a few offers, one at $18,500 for a nice black 03 vert.. And $20 for a nice mystic vert.

I'll get one eventually, I'm in no rush, but I have $ now.

Blueoval23

Established Member
I hope the original poster is able to find a car that he will be happy with, like it has been said several times, there are deals out there but you typically have to be ready to buy immediately. That said, I'm not sure what all these Cobra haters are doing on an svt enthusiast website. It seems every post lately has been cluttered with posts saying these cars are not worth the money people are asking, coyotes are better, it's a 12 year old car and we all think our cars are made of gold. If you are not a Cobra fan why are you even on here? I personally do not think Supras are worth the money that people ask/pay for them, that is my opinion and it is obviously subjective because there are tons of people out there willing to pay a lot of money for them. However, I do not go on a Supra forum and hate on Supras. This should be a place that people who own and would like to own a terminator can go to find, sell or get advice on cars from others who are into these cars and understand what they are worth. Extremely nice Cobras with low mileage are getting harder and harder to find and those of us that want a nice one are willing to pay for it. Another thing I feel is looked over is condition and mods. Those of us that know these cars, know the difference between a good build with the best parts and a build that was done on the cheap. I have always wanted a comp orange and could not find a nice one when I was in the market. I may consider selling my black vert this spring in hopes to find an immaculate one and I will be willing to pay up for the right car. I rarely reply to posts on here unless someone I know is selling a car that I can vouch for in hopes to make someone's search easier by reassuring them of the condition or build of a car that I have seen. I would never go on someone's post and talk their car down even if I feel they may be asking a bit much. For the most part people who are in the market know these cars and what they are worth, they know the difference between a 120k mile car that has had 11 owners and a 20k mile car that has had 2. I also can't blame anyone for wanting a good deal, I would want the same and obviously would want to buy a car as cheap as I could. Regardless of what some people may think, nice terminators still command good money. If you see a car that has 40k miles for sale for $13,000 its a good bet it's at that price for a reason. Again best of luck to the op in his search.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
^^ Not going to quote your wall of text, but have you seen the CO Vert that's now available? If that's your dream car and your willing to pay - not sure it get's better than that one. Just an FYI...

Last edited:

Blueoval23

Established Member
I did, however, I would need to sell mine first. Sorry for the long post, I just don't understand all the negativity.

97svttennessee

Established Member
i bought an immaculate, one owner, dsg 03 cobra a while back with 32k original miles, clean title for $16k. probably the deal of a lifetime but keep looking buddy, nothing is impossible!!

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Don't give up man lots of good deal on here and elsewhere.
Ive creeped on this site since 2004, finally joined in 2012 and then had a bunch a crap go wrong in my house and couldn't buy my cobra.
Prices here have been rock solid 25000-30000 for a super nice cobra since 2008. Were talking big builds or bone stock and super low miles.
Rollers ive seen as low as 9000 and as high as 15000
Semi beat down cars 14500-20000, ie.) I think it was a car from New Orleans area car black 03 with a 3.4Lwhipple(may have been 4.0L) and lots of supporting mods, but I think if I recall the verdict was the motor may have been hurt but price was around 18,000 ish someone else may remember this car.

I often tell myself when I get a chance to get back in cobra arena it will be 2 decisions, low mile/low mod/low owner(less chance of idiot cutting it up) or mid mileage high quality documented build. Both of which you better be ready to spend +25k for

I had a unicorn listing up here in Alberta last fall, CO coupe for 22,000cdn....needless to say I lost sleep over that one and checked Kijiji everyday until it was gone, my heart broke, I had listed everything fro sale but couldn't move anything in time.

Make sure, like said already, that you have cash and can travel on short notice.

Best of luck man

ace23

Established Member
Just be patient and you will find one. The great thing about these cars is that for between 15k and 30k you can buy about any cobra. If you stop to think about it that's not a terrible swing to go from a high mileage car to a near low mile highly modified garage queen. When I first started looking for a car 2 years ago my budget was 24k.....after about a month I start noticing that if I would just be patient and save a few more thousand I could afford to buy a better cobra.....why would I spend 22k on a car when I could get one for 5k more that had 40k less miles and was a better car. The majority of these cars have been driven to hell and back and have more modifications and stories that go with them than you can shake a stick at.....the miles that get out on these cars are hard miles. Also keep in mind a few things break or need repairing and you have easily spend a few thousand right there. I absolutely think you can buy a car for 15k but if you can be patient enough to hold out even if it's six more months....try to save a bit more and think about starting off with the best car you can afford. Long term you would be much better off. Good luck and you will find someone in a situation that may be forced to sell their car so just hang in there and keep you eyes open

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
give it time, you will run across a good deal with the owner whos in a pinch or a rushed sale.

3 years ago I picked up a 03 dsg cobra with a mmr long block, ported heads, 26spline inputshaft, spec clutch, and a complete full tilt boogie suspension kit. full documentation or items and work done. 77k mile car mods had 25k miles. paid 16,500.

However I did have severe rock chip damage to the paint, Ive never seen it that bad before except maybe on commercial trucks.

cobra.jpg

How ever If you are looking to have a good reliable twin screw setup and the laundry list of supporting mods for it, id strongly suggest saving another 3-4 grand and buying one thats been professionaly put together tuned and maintained properly. I see the prices people ask on here, im not a active poster or commenter here but I lurk alot, theres several ive seen priced relatively well for the modifications it has.

Im currently in the market for a complete return fuel system and a blower for mine, looking at prices and what ive spent to get the car ready I sometimes find my self wishing I would have just bought a finished cobra instead.

good luck on the search, dont let the modbug bite you too hard, its costly.

Last edited:

howie8124

Established Member
OP, I know you're lookong to keep your range under 15k I'm selling a supercharged T56 IRS GT for 13,500obo. 49k miles and it's very clean. Maybe this would interest you being that it's under your price point.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
I hope the original poster is able to find a car that he will be happy with, like it has been said several times, there are deals out there but you typically have to be ready to buy immediately. That said, I'm not sure what all these Cobra haters are doing on an svt enthusiast website. It seems every post lately has been cluttered with posts saying these cars are not worth the money people are asking, coyotes are better, it's a 12 year old car and we all think our cars are made of gold. If you are not a Cobra fan why are you even on here? I personally do not think Supras are worth the money that people ask/pay for them, that is my opinion and it is obviously subjective because there are tons of people out there willing to pay a lot of money for them. However, I do not go on a Supra forum and hate on Supras. This should be a place that people who own and would like to own a terminator can go to find, sell or get advice on cars from others who are into these cars and understand what they are worth. Extremely nice Cobras with low mileage are getting harder and harder to find and those of us that want a nice one are willing to pay for it. Another thing I feel is looked over is condition and mods. Those of us that know these cars, know the difference between a good build with the best parts and a build that was done on the cheap. I have always wanted a comp orange and could not find a nice one when I was in the market. I may consider selling my black vert this spring in hopes to find an immaculate one and I will be willing to pay up for the right car. I rarely reply to posts on here unless someone I know is selling a car that I can vouch for in hopes to make someone's search easier by reassuring them of the condition or build of a car that I have seen. I would never go on someone's post and talk their car down even if I feel they may be asking a bit much. For the most part people who are in the market know these cars and what they are worth, they know the difference between a 120k mile car that has had 11 owners and a 20k mile car that has had 2. I also can't blame anyone for wanting a good deal, I would want the same and obviously would want to buy a car as cheap as I could. Regardless of what some people may think, nice terminators still command good money. If you see a car that has 40k miles for sale for $13,000 its a good bet it's at that price for a reason. Again best of luck to the op in his search.

Well Said. I've always had an interest in Cobras and I would take one over any car anyday (except the RTR-X). You just have to keep searching for a good deal. Use your common sense and knowledge. I've been looking for a good 2 years and I just turned 20. Patience is the key for me. Work my butt off+patience=cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread