Wrist watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a bunch of watches but my favorite, by far, is a hand wound Weiss American Issue. A U.S. made in-house movement with U.S. parts (mainspring and jewels excluded), designed and assembled by a one man operation that I can pick up the phone and talk to. Love this watch.

12.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
Daily/work outside watch
FS101069_2048x.jpg

My only "nice" dress watch (not my pictures, but same watch)
This was my first "nice" and first automatic watch that my dad got me as graduation gift
Seiko Presage Cocktail - Starlight
relogio-seiko-presage-starlight-automatic-limited-ed-sary085-D_NQ_NP_841060-MLB27999666406_082018-F.jpg

67509221c6d046ff8ea4a37c93aa8668.jpg

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.
That's a stunning watch

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
I have a bunch of watches but my favorite, by far, is a hand wound Weiss American Issue. A U.S. made in-house movement with U.S. parts (mainspring and jewels excluded), designed and assembled by a one man operation that I can pick up the phone and talk to. Love this watch.

View attachment 1730798
Wow, that's a sweet time piece. Classic style.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Rolex GMT Master II is my work daily. Couple of Citizens sometimes. Luminox for hunting and farming.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I always wanted the SS Daytona white face but as I have gotten older I really need readers to see up close now which I don’t wear all day.
I can’t see the watch face; god dam it, well enough on that model to justify it anymore so I want the GMT now and eventually a Gold Presidential day/date. But that watch carries with it certain responsibilities. Such as. Don’t leave home without your Glock if that’s on your wrist. It’s too flashy.
Unfortunately, true. I have one I got way before the prices went up and it is immaculate because I rarely wear it. Only when I'm going to a safe venue, never while just out and about.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice watch selection. I have a pretty nice collection myself. Top of my watch hive is a Speake-Marin "Face to Face".

Grand Seiko's Spring Drive powered watches are on my future want list. As a tool watch fan the right diver from GS would be nice. Sold off the GS sbgh269 to a guy who wanted it more than any buyer I have ever sold to.

G Shock is the high impact activity champ, a great daily wear though my Ball Hydrocarbon Original gets most wrist time.

My gem is a gold 1964 Omega.

What good is this thread without pics?

And I have a collection of JDM Seiko watches that are fun and crazy color variations.

Awesome everyday watch.
My go to everyday is a Gshock with a srewback case made in Japan.

My nice watch is a Rolex DeepSea.
Just went to the two authorized Rolex dealers in Naples and got on the list for the Rolex GMT SS with the jubilee bracelet in either black/blue or black/red bezel. Both told me I better be a patient man. Or buy a gold Rolex and jump to the top of the list.
Will prolly sell the DeepSea if and when I get it.
IMG_20201206_084012.jpeg
omega-gold-blk-64-02.jpeg
IMG_20211122_112605.jpeg
IMG_20190824_160703.jpeg

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Nice watch selection. I have a pretty nice collection myself. Top of my watch hive is a Speake-Marin "Face to Face".

Grand Seiko's Spring Drive powered watches are on my future want list. As a tool watch fan the right diver from GS would be nice. Sold off the GS sbgh269 to a guy who wanted it more than any buyer I have ever sold to.

G Shock is the high impact activity champ, a great daily wear though my Ball Hydrocarbon Original gets most wrist time.

My gem is a gold 1964 Omega.

What good is this thread without pics?

And I have a collection of JDM Seiko watches that are fun and crazy color variations.

View attachment 1731212View attachment 1731213View attachment 1731214View attachment 1731216

That Gold Omega is sweet! I like that it only has one function, tell time. I like those Seikos too!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool thread guys. For some reason, I cant get into the classy watches. I appreciate them and very much respect the craftsmanship and skill needed to make a quality watch.

Maybe someday i'll buy one. I have an older Tag Heuer professional that i found at a city swimming pool many years ago haha.

I also have an old GShock from the 90s that i'll wear from time to time.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife and I were huge Citzen fans. The Blue Angel collection, Nighthawk Titanium, etc.

Then I got an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. Nickname is Georg Simon. lol

Now I have about a dozen Citizen watches that collect dust. lol.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have a few Soviet watches. My mother in law ships them from Lithuania.

Only one I wear on occasion my Soviet tank commanders 17 jewel wind up. Always wanted the green faced KGB self winders but never could find one that was for sale or was in working order.
1956756326.jpeg
940599524.jpeg

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You can find them around 50 dollars and up. I got mine as gifts. I have an uncle in law that was a kbg guy who specialized in photography and film.

I never asked him about watches. Next time I go to Lithuania I will swap some dollars for watches if he has any.
What do Soviet era watches go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread