Worst restaurant experience

verbal

Established Member
Worst experience was at PF Changs. My gf and I walked in and were told there would be a 45 minute wait. Another couple walked in 20 minutes later and sat down next to us. We made small talk for a while and eventually started complaining with each other after the wait went way past the original time we were told. At about the 1.5 hour mark the hostess calls the other couple to their table. I asked the hostess why they were getting seated before us and the hostess said that they gave the other couple a 30 minute wait time when they walked in and since theirs was shorter they get seated first.

After eventually getting seated we were put at the first table next to the hostess stand with everyone else who was still waiting standing over our table the entire meal.

hostile500

Established Member
Yeah we had couples come in, sit down , eat and leave before we even saw the waitress for our food orders.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

hostile500

Established Member
Highly doubt that. Can’t wait to go back for more.

Chargrilled oysters with butter, garlic and parm cheese. Hot damn, stupid good. The butter making the flames...

Ohh hell yeah. They are awesome. I just wanted to make sure before I looked like more of a meat head than I already do.

Mike

hostile500

Established Member
That's what I told her. The parm adds a good crust and crunch. Hell she doesn't know what she's missing. Her loss

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VegasMichael

Established Member
I haven't been to an Applebee's in over 10 years. Worst. Restaurant. Ever.
Most of those casual chains suck in my opinion. Applebee's, Fridays, Chilis, Outback, Red Robin, Maggiano's.

I boycotted Taco Bell over 25 years ago when I watched a dude eating from the bins he was making my food from.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Most of those casual chains suck in my opinion. Applebee's, Fridays, Chilis, Outback, Red Robin, Maggiano's.

I boycotted Taco Bell over 25 years ago when I watched a dude eating from the bins he was making my food from.
Our outback is so damn great it’s crazy.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
My daughter and I go to Red Robin 3-4 times a year. I've never had bad food or service there.

VegasMichael

Established Member
The one and only time I went into a Red Robin was when I had a gift card for 25 bucks. Ordered a bacon burger with fries and a glass of beer. Very small patty and the endless fry thing was a joke because each time he only brought back three fries in the basket. The bill was like 15 bucks or so and I gave the card to the bartender and said he could keep the balance(I knew I wasn't going back). He rolled his eyes at me and shook his head and I was like I just gave you over a 50% tip. Sorry I didn't give you my house and retirement funds.

hostile500

Established Member
Well, of course they weren't going to let you leave if you hadn't paid yet.

Oh I know exactly why they were standing there. I wasn't about to pay for a $30 steak and shrimp meal that I didn't get or pay for the GF meal that she didn't eat. Not to mention the 3.5 hours we sat there for a friends birthday.

Mike

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh I know exactly why they were standing there. I wasn't about to pay for a $30 steak and shrimp meal that I didn't get or pay for the GF meal that she didn't eat. Not to mention the 3.5 hours we sat there for a friends birthday.

Mike

So, did you speak to a manager? Or just take it upon yourself to decide you didn't need to pay for anything and walk out?

Users who are viewing this thread