World Premiere: Koenigsegg CC850

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I *had* to post about this car and the absolute coolest thing about it: The transmission.

It's a 9-speed standard supercar automatic that you can drive as a pure manual with THREE pedals, but that you can also drive as a pure automatic. The second video below talks about it immediately within the first second.

Also, since you have nine gears to play with, the 6-speed manual mode has different gears depending on what driving mode you're in.

@treynor - When are you ordering yours?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They're both great and must-see videos, but my favorite is the first one. Like @gimmie11s said, this transmission is insane. ABSOLUTELY insane! A work of automotive engineering excellence! Wow!

Blown 89

Established Member
To bad that car is Ugly.
Nah, I'm glad they updated the old design. I haven't liked their new stuff.

That being said, I wonder what the serviceability is like on their cars. Low volume supercars are horrifically unreliable and I can't imagine the complexity of a car like that could have many miles on them before issues arose.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'd imagine if you are one of the 50 owners, you probably have the resources to have it serviced. You might have to slum in the Ferrari F50 for a week or so, but you could talk that through with your therapist.
I'm talking more about future parts availability. All the money in the world does you no good if nobody will service it and there aren't any parts available for finicky cars.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I'm talking more about future parts availability. All the money in the world does you no good if nobody will service it and there aren't any parts available for finicky cars.

They make almost everything in house. You need a part... they make it. In terms of servicing, a quick glance at their site to confirm and the following cities have dealerships.

BEVERLY HILLS
NEWPORT BEACH
SAN FRANCISCO
DENVER
MIAMI
ATLANTA
CHICAGO
BOSTON
LAS VEGAS
NEW YORK
CHARLOTTE
DALLAS
WASHINGTON

I would assume they can diagnose cars via the internet, but worst case, you have an enclosed trailer take your car to one of those cities, it's fixed and returned. What's 4K in transport fees?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
They need to start moving into mass produced production vehicles like Porsche and Ferrari. From what I have read that is their goal but I think they would be hugely successful with the amount of creativity and technology they possess. Obviously some of that would be lost in mass production. Still, I think Koenigsegg would make an impact as a mass auto maker; similar to the likes of Tesla.

My biggest question is that is this manual transmission simulated? Is the gear box and clutch pedal just sending information to the PCM and the PCM is simulating a gear shift through the trans? I didn't fully understand it but that's what it appeared to be. If so, then I think the electric car makers should utilize a faux manual on the electric cars to improve driver experience.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cause you can't afford one. Really stupid comment.
Now that is a stupid comment.
It has nothing to do with affordability.
It is my personal opinion on the styling.
I don't like the looks of the Ugly Kia's that are on the road either, and those are some cheap ass cars.
Same goes for PT Cruiser, Avalanche, Aztec, Mach E, Neon's and on and on. They are just butt ugly in spite of the price.
And this CC850 is a butt ugly car, even if it cost 10 times as much.
Like the tech on the trans, what they put it in is trash for looks.

My94GT

Established Member
I really hope we see the day him and his team fully step into mass produced vehicles. Even if a tenth of their talent and innovation hit the mainstream line ups, it would likely be impressive vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread