World’s Greatest Drag Race 7

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Another year, another run. I think the Miata should have been put in for fun and given a head start, but the replacement Tesla P100D came out swinging hard.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tesla.....exactly as expected! Wow! Always amazes me to see how brutally quick the P100D is. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. :eek:

Kiohtee

Established Member
While I don't question the overall final results, I do question the actual video. Look how hard the 488 was pulling in the Tesla, then the Tesla just drove away, Fast and Furious style. Look how almost dead even the 911 was with it on the launch (in one shot, not so much another), just to be pulled away from towards the end of the race. This is not how a Tesla works/performs. It usually slays the competition from a dig to 100, but anything within a few feet of it from the launch to about 100mph, blows past it afterwards.

Just a little skeptical is all. I know the 10.4-10.5 @ 125 is right for that car, but if a 911 matches the launch of the P100D, at the end of the 1/4 the 911 will be the winner.

\endkilljoy & teslahatermode

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
While I don't question the overall final results, I do question the actual video. Look how hard the 488 was pulling in the Tesla, then the Tesla just drove away, Fast and Furious style. Look how almost dead even the 911 was with it on the launch (in one shot, not so much another), just to be pulled away from towards the end of the race. This is not how a Tesla works/performs. It usually slays the competition from a dig to 100, but anything within a few feet of it from the launch to about 100mph, blows past it afterwards.

Just a little skeptical is all. I know the 10.4-10.5 @ 125 is right for that car, but if a 911 matches the launch of the P100D, at the end of the 1/4 the 911 will be the winner.

\endkilljoy & teslahatermode

I have to agree with you that it looks shady af. @ 5:39 in the video you can see the Porsche 911 S PULLING on the Tesla and then suddenly falling back quick like it was on the brakes. Something very suspect about that.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I have to agree with you that it looks shady af. @ 5:39 in the video you can see the Porsche 911 S PULLING on the Tesla and then suddenly falling back quick like it was on the brakes. Something very suspect about that.

I think that's done on purpose. If I remember correctly they don't actually time the vehicles the day of this race, they use the times from when they tested the cars originally. So when this race happens they need the cars to finish in the order of the previously tested times...kinda dumb to do it that way if you ask me.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I think that's done on purpose. If I remember correctly they don't actually time the vehicles the day of this race, they use the times from when they tested the cars originally. So when this race happens they need the cars to finish in the order of the previously tested times...kinda dumb to do it that way if you ask me.

I had that thought as well, after closely examining the video and coming to the conclusions that I did. However, what better time to test these cars than when you have them all on the same day, at the same surface and in the same conditions?

All that video showed me was regardless of the spectacular launch of the Tesla, which again is no surprise, the Ferrari and 911 were going to pass it fast (even within a 1/4 mile). The speed pretty much indicates as much as well. Hell, I think all the way to fifth or sixth was faster than first place. Lol

fearthesnake

Established Member
Agree, waste of time and stupid as hell if thats the case.

gofast15

Established Member
yea , this race is fake . all the 1/4 mile times are pulled from previous individual tests

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty gay. Video is "stiched up". If you watch closely, you can see the inconsistencies all over it.

Felt like I was watching a F&F reel.

Very dissapointed.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Still fun to watch though, and you get to see how hard some of the cars leave.

They kinda broke their own rule about including a car that wasn't a best driver though..?

Kiohtee

Established Member
I wonder how many times the launch portion was shot myself. Even the launches are sketchy. In one shot the Tesla got a monster jump on everything whereas in another shot the 911 got the jump on everything, including the Tesla. And again, anything that can jump past a Tesla from a dig, won't be losing its ground. Especially by 135.

coremaster21

Established Member
Most of their "World's Greatest Drag Race's" are like that, kind of a shame, wish it was raw.

Kiohtee

Established Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Still a shock to me that the GTR is as fast as it is. Damn near traps 130 mph bone stock and that platform is what, 11 years old? Impressive as hell.

That Ferrari is a bad bitch too... traps 135mph.. holy shit.. wasn't expecting that.

Users who are viewing this thread