World’s Greatest Drag Race 7

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wonder what the FGT would trap.

@DBK said a close competitor to the car is the 675LT, and if you poke around, guys have gone 138 in those. I would expect at least 135.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Still a shock to me that the GTR is as fast as it is. Damn near traps 130 mph bone stock and that platform is what, 11 years old? Impressive as hell.

That Ferrari is a bad bitch too... traps 135mph.. holy shit.. wasn't expecting that.

Id say its almost damn expected. They have had all that time to improve it, Im surprised it is not faster. Especially seen what the aftermarket does with them.

@DBK said a close competitor to the car is the 675LT, and if you poke around, guys have gone 138 in those. I would expect at least 135.

Id venture and say that tue FGT is a low 130's car...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Over on the concrete pad GT goes about 137. I've had 675LT and GT. Feel about the same in a straight line, but GT pulls harder in the middle, LT on the top.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Over on the concrete pad GT goes about 137. I've had 675LT and GT. Feel about the same in a straight line, but GT pulls harder in the middle, LT on the top.
Cool.

That's pretty fast.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Id say its almost damn expected. They have had all that time to improve it, Im surprised it is not faster. Especially seen what the aftermarket does with them.

Im surprised its not quicker... However--130 is fast enough to smoke most of this list which is full of exotics.

There are definitely better choices considering how much a GTR costs, but something about that car ive always loved... Fanboyism maybe, IDK.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Wish they included the Demon just for this. Maybe next year?

I read a post on reddit that next years Motor Trend Best Drivers Car will be crazy:
GT2 RS
C7 ZR1
2018 Mustang
GT3 Manual 6-speed

They need to add the Demon for shits and giggles and get a hold of a new Ford GT.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wish they included the Demon just for this. Maybe next year?

I read a post on reddit that next years Motor Trend Best Drivers Car will be crazy:
GT2 RS
C7 ZR1
2018 Mustang
GT3 Manual 6-speed

They need to add the Demon for shits and giggles and get a hold of a new Ford GT.
I have a feeling this will be the new norm.

Have all the best drivers cars, then whatever is slowest they will bring out something that didn't make the list but would outrun all of them in a straight line.

I'm excited to see how fast the GT2 will be, I bet it traps very close to 140.

R1Lello

Established Member
While I don't question the overall final results, I do question the actual video. Look how hard the 488 was pulling in the Tesla, then the Tesla just drove away, Fast and Furious style. Look how almost dead even the 911 was with it on the launch (in one shot, not so much another), just to be pulled away from towards the end of the race. This is not how a Tesla works/performs. It usually slays the competition from a dig to 100, but anything within a few feet of it from the launch to about 100mph, blows past it afterwards.

Just a little skeptical is all. I know the 10.4-10.5 @ 125 is right for that car, but if a 911 matches the launch of the P100D, at the end of the 1/4 the 911 will be the winner.

\endkilljoy & teslahatermode

I agree, that 911 usually does 130-131, it should have reeled it in........

BUT.........funny how times have changed but I still wouldn't buy a Tesla

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have a feeling this will be the new norm.

Have all the best drivers cars, then whatever is slowest they will bring out something that didn't make the list but would outrun all of them in a straight line.

I'm excited to see how fast the GT2 will be, I bet it traps very close to 140.
Will probably be a Demon and then a Bugatti Churro to give it some competition.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread