Why do people tease?

Nazman

Established Member
We've made +500hp on flat top .020 over pistons stock stroke(284ci). This motors are animals but you have to spin them hard to make power.

Wow. That is alot of power. 284, on flat tops, that's no more than 10.8CR depending on chamber size....what was the duration ball park, and which intake?

We made 530+RW and we belive that she will make ~560RW @ ~8000RPMs when its all finalized (tune, exhaust and plenum volume adjustment).

Basic combo:

322, IC-Heads, FR500 Intake, Full Exhuast...

Naz

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You can turn 9,500rpm on the Pro-light I-beams and a mustang GT crank. We've made +500hp on flat top .020 over pistons stock stroke(284ci)
Is that rwhp or hp? What shop built the engine?

Wow. That is alot of power. 284, on flat tops, that's no more than 10.8CR depending on chamber size....what was the duration ball park, and which intake? Naz

I'm sure the chambers are not stock volume or even close to it. 42cc is what NMRA Pure Street enignes are allowed.

Last edited:

bangingears

Established Member
Wow. That is alot of power. 284, on flat tops, that's no more than 10.8CR depending on chamber size....what was the duration ball park, and which intake?

We made 530+RW and we belive that she will make ~560RW @ ~8000RPMs when its all finalized (tune, exhaust and plenum volume adjustment).

Basic combo:

322, IC-Heads, FR500 Intake, Full Exhuast...

Naz

I am guessing around 255-265 duration at fitty......;-)

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Milled/Ported FR500 heads, FR500 intake(sullivan makes a little bit more peak power but losses bottom end). .480 lift. Everything is 100% PS legal.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I m guessing that is Scotty's engine your talkng about?

Hey Hey.. The king is here. :beer: How have you been Brandon? (Love the BG pic in the sig)

Yeap good ole Scotty B. He's having the motor built again. Unfortinatly the same thing happened again in BG that happened in Bradenton. He's hopeing to have it back together for pinks all out in Indy. I think it would be neat if he took "Ole Yeller" myself. I've kind of been trying to convince him to let BES build this motor. I was a little surprised at their pricing. I was looking building a 3v remeber and price wasn't bad from BES(problem is intakes).I had problems getting the Cobra sold to fund chasing you guys so I resorted to helping the "sub" out while I work on my projects. Scott keeps talking about throwing a windsor in the car with a pair of hair dryers. I'm trying to keep him in the modular game. He's has his "play" motor in the car now for UMTR. Keep up the good fight. See you at the track.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
rear wheel or at the crank hp.

It made 524@8200rpm at the flywheel. It's around 13.6 compression ratio. If you want some serouse power talk to the red rocket up there. He's the one making some major oats.

We are heading to Edgewater next weekend Brandon if your out. Going to be playing with the UMTR motor. My cobra is staying home in the garage because thats what the family is taking to Alabama for the mustang show.

Sorry Naz. I enjoy your threads and have been impressed with your performance in the car. I remeber back when you were one of the only ones rocking the IRS and showing when, how, and how many passes parts where failing. Your new combo is very impressive.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It made 524@8200rpm at the flywheel. It's around 13.6 compression ratio. If you want some serouse power talk to the red rocket up there. He's the one making some major oats.

ya, Brandon's engine gets the car down the track alright I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread