Why do people tease?

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Man, I can't wait to build my 322! Those are very impressive N/A numbers. Are you going to try the sullivan at all?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Would h-beams be able to handle the rpms from this thing? Also, I wonder how much you would lose if you just did this as a big bore and not a bb/stroker. That would reduce the piston speed and put less stress on the rods.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Ill try to play again on the dyno soon......Ill hate to make assumptions but witht he addtion of the 3" cat back and my super little/tinny-bitty 3X6" mufflers...timing and fuel addtions she will make 560RWHP...may be a little more.....

That's insane, man. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nazman

Established Member
Would h-beams be able to handle the rpms from this thing? Also, I wonder how much you would lose if you just did this as a big bore and not a bb/stroker. That would reduce the piston speed and put less stress on the rods.

a 304CI Big Bore with Manley H-Beam and ARP2000 will be good for 8000RPMs.

I was taking the old 322CI with Manley H-Beam rods and ARP2000 rod bolts to the absolute limit at 7750RPMs........my old Big Bore I took her to ~7700+RPMs just about daily, NP.

CIs are your friend on any application. Ill assure you. Go as high of CR you can afford gas for.....dont skimp on the cam timing, and run the FR500 intake or a Sullivan and 4.56s is just about the optimal gear.

Naz

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
a 304CI Big Bore with Manley H-Beam and ARP2000 will be good for 8000RPMs.

I was taking the old 322CI with Manley H-Beam rods and ARP2000 rod bolts to the absolute limit at 7750RPMs........my old Big Bore I took her to ~7700+RPMs just about daily, NP.

CIs are your friend on any application. Ill assure you. Go as high of CR you can afford gas for.....dont skimp on the cam timing, and run the FR500 intake or a Sullivan and 4.56s is just about the optimal gear.

Naz

I know, I just like to keep my options open if the cash flow isn't there for the stroker. Too bad I just sold my Eagle H beams with ARP 2000 bolts though. Seeing as how I will move around, what is the max I could run on 91? Could I keep the CR high if I just pulled timing when I can't get good gas?

F8L SN8K

Established Member

You can turn 9,500rpm on the Pro-light I-beams and a mustang GT crank. We've made +500hp on flat top .020 over pistons stock stroke(284ci). This motors are animals but you have to spin them hard to make power.

NAZ-on the NA motors they do just fine on low timing on the 4vs. Just make sure your A/F stays stable. Data log your runs and watch for it to lean out at the top end of the track. I enjoy reading your posts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread