who's going to fun ford weekend???

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
...saw the redfire vert 03 go by and pull a [email protected] like...wtf?
Yeap saw him today, dialed in at a 14.00 and ran something right around there. :dw: I mean if you suck at driving thats fine, no one's perfect and it takes time to get good. At least practice befor your going to compete though.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
anyone see the guy in the white mustang gt today launch in reverse? that was funny as hell. he ended up winning too cuz the other guy broke out.

Frank

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
anyone see the guy in the white mustang gt today launch in reverse? that was funny as hell. he ended up winning too cuz the other guy broke out.

Frank

:lol:

I've seen some funny shit in years past....like the guy who staged 20' pass the tree, I thought the whole crowd was going to laugh themselfs off the bleachers...

Dave

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:

Frank

wow....u go on a test and tune saturday and its all big dawg cars and a big event all the first timers ocme out....wtf????

chuckstang

Established Member
Has FFW up here in NH always sucked this bad?
last year was decent but this year was pathetic...basically if your like a first time ford guy or gal and don't know anything, it would probably seem pretty cool, but the car show was SMALL, the racing was weak, and the vendors sucked ass. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
chuckstang said:
hey badassSVT , were u there sat? because I think I have a pic of my sis in front of your car lol

yea...car was closed up...sittin on Welds next to a black fox.....can i see the pic? :thumbsup:

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
hey chuckstang were you the guy next to me with the black cobra in the car show? i had the silver lightning with the lambo doors

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
wow....u go on a test and tune saturday and its all big dawg cars and a big event all the first timers ocme out....wtf????

Well the only real "big dawg" cars running at FFW are in the Pro, street outlaw and street renagade classes for the most part. If your talking about the locals who run 10's an 11's, I think two factors came into play here this year...the weather was questionable and the price of admission for what you get in return. I have been other years when the weather was good and the prices a little more fair = a decent turnout and a lot of quick street cars competing in the lower classes.

Dave

TTA89

Established Member
I have been to FFW and Super Chevy a few times and its always the same story. You end up spending $100 bucks for 2 passes and thats it.

New people come out because its an "All Ford" event and they want to bring there cars to talk to other people with the same cars.

I went Sunday, I should have stayed home and kept my $25 bucks. I saw 1 03 Cobra in the lanes, there were a couple in the car show area. (Why?) and the racing wasn't all that exciting.

I agree though about the Venders.. There were more people selling T-shirts and Hotwheels than car parts! :bash:

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey SVT red, Yup that was me next to you lol
Hope you did not hit any more animals on the way home lol

Badass03SVT: sweet car, and if I had any idea how to post pix, I would have done so already haha....also, you did not by chance go up to street night some wed like a month ago and race a black 99 on 95 south did you? Because I taped it, but it wasnt much of a race if you know what I mean.

TTA89

Established Member
69redmach1 said:
Mike I was there Sunday, I didn't see you. Did you race?
Pete

Hell no! I know better than that! :burn:

I just went up to check out some of the 03/04 Cobras of which there were very few. I think thats the last year I'll be going to that event. :poke:

I'm waiting on tires and an IC resivour to come in before I head back to the track. :D I want 123/124mph next time out. Come on Fall!

Last edited:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
TTA89 said:
Hell no! I know better than that! :burn:

I just went up to check out some of the 03/04 Cobras of which there were very few. I think thats the last year I'll be going to that event. :poke:

I'm waiting on tires and an IC resivour to come in before I head back to the track. :D I want 123/124mph next time out. Come on Fall!

You have enough power to hit that mph now....If I feel better by Saturday I might go to the test & tune an play around with my new set up.

I just remembered theres an autox on Sat. thats were you will be I bet.

Dave

Last edited:

TTA89

Established Member
Dave,

What do you have done to your car?

I think if I can keep the blower temps down I should be able to run some good MPH. Saturday I was playing around on Route 2, I slowed down to about 50 and blower temps were in the 115-118 range, did a quick blast through 2nd, 3rd, and into 4th to about 120 and was looking at 148 degrees already. Shesh..

The car feels great on the street with the 2.93/4lb setup. The car has tons of power everywhere in the range and on the Dyno's I know they make a bunch of power but on the street when doing 1/4 mile stuff the heat is def an issue. In cooler weather I'm hoping its better but in the summer 80s and 90s I think an upper only is better for playing at the track on a street night unless you play with ice and long cool downs.

Adding some capacity to the IC can't hurt, plus I can pack it with ice which should pickup some huge power. :D

We'll find out soon enough. Hopefully the clutch holds out.

I will be Auto Crossing this weekend, maybe the weekend after I'll be ready for the drags again and we can meet up. I'm waiting for some odds and ends before I go out and play again :)

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Mike,

here are my mods

2.76 upper
Steeda CAI
Accufab TB
LFP HE
Steigemierer ported Eaton
MRT catted H-pipe
Magnaflow catback
TR6's gapped @ .036
RWTD custom tune

I don't see IAT2 temps as high as yours at WOT. I think it's your 4lb lower, but thats just my assumption.

TTA89

Established Member
Yeah I think so too but I'm hoping Hoping in the fall weather the air plays a better part.

I have a few other tricks up my sleeve too :coolman:

Good luck on Saturday! What does your car weigh in race trim?

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
TTA89 said:
Yeah I think so too but I'm hoping Hoping in the fall weather the air plays a better part.

I have a few other tricks up my sleeve too :coolman:

Good luck on Saturday! What does your car weigh in race trim?

Thanks Mike,

Ha! thats a good one, race trim! I run my car exactly how it is on the street, full weight which is about 3870lbs. I use Nitto 315 DR's on the street and on the track. I got it to go high 11's on the stock balding F1's last year.

Dave

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Davesnake said:
Thanks Mike,

Ha! thats a good one, race trim! I run my car exactly how it is on the street, full weight which is about 3870lbs. I use Nitto 315 DR's on the street and on the track. I got it to go high 11's on the stock balding F1's last year.

Dave

I guess he didn't see your last avatar... :lol1: I was waiting for your response. :coolman:

Oh, Mike if you are wondering it was something like "Real men race full weight" :rockon:

David

Users who are viewing this thread