who's going to fun ford weekend???

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
chuckstang said:
WHAT ABOUT KELLYS ROAST BEEF AS A MEETING PLACE ?? LOL ISINT THAT ON THE WAY
sorry bout the caps

kelly's is on the wrong side of the highway. how about kowloon's or fudruckers?

Frank

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, I may not even be able to bring my cobra up there now because the dam thing won't stay running, it just stalls :( I hope I can figure out whats wrong before Saturday.
Where in Saugus is that??

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Yes we do. I think there is a rest stop on 95, it wont be that much of a cruise considering the track is on like 15 mins from there but it's better than nothing. Only place on 95 I can think of.

93tealcoupe

Established Member
where are people meeting up someone come up with a meeting area ad maybe i will join up with the dsg cobra

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
i say the rest are on 95 on the border of NH, that way we can all go in together. its not about the cruise its about showing up BIG

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
This is kind hard with 2 different threads, if we could get everyone in big group that would be sweet.

chuckstang

Established Member
Wow, I just got back from FFW and I must say it gets worse ever year...I mean the weather held out, it was not too bad, but it seems they have uped there price and well there were far less entrees in the car show as well.
I just dont understand why people would bring there car up there and race for money when they run high 14s or even high 15s...I saw way too many 03/04 cobras running 14 this or 15 that, not to mention mach 1s running just as poorly...my sister said "do these guys know how to drive?" I didnt know what to say but, "well they do have 400 hp" I ran my 99 once and ran a 14 flat and thought I was terrible, but now I realize how hard drag racing really is and many people lie about there 1/4 times.
Stock 03 cobra seems to = low 13's :( (I wana crack at one)
I must say that some cars ran flawlessly each time down but they should do a better job of weeding out those not worthy.
Im sure everyone on here is gona flame me but honestly FFW should be so much better. The North needs to represent much better! lol
Im just bitter because of the crazy prices, and small attendance for such a venue.
(I had more fun on the drive there and back fooling around with other cars)

Obsol3te

Orange Golfball
Established Member
Well, wasnt able to make it today.
Had to help a friend with his headgasket swap.
Blew from a coolant port to the oil.
But we got his car running around 6:30 ish and just said screw FFW for today.
There's always tomorrow.
May even race, tires should be mounted and balanced for tomorrow.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Wow, I just got back from FFW and I must say it gets worse ever year...I mean the weather held out, it was not too bad, but it seems they have uped there price and well there were far less entrees in the car show as well.
I just dont understand why people would bring there car up there and race for money when they run high 14s or even high 15s...I saw way too many 03/04 cobras running 14 this or 15 that, not to mention mach 1s running just as poorly...my sister said "do these guys know how to drive?" I didnt know what to say but, "well they do have 400 hp" I ran my 99 once and ran a 14 flat and thought I was terrible, but now I realize how hard drag racing really is and many people lie about there 1/4 times.
I must say that some cars ran flawlessly each time down but they should do a better job of weeding out those not worthy.
Im sure everyone on here is gona flame me but honestly FFW should be so much better. The North needs to represent much better! lol
Im just bitter because of the crazy prices, and small attendance for such a venue.
I can definatly see where your comming from and agree with you mostly. I thought there was a good amount of nice cars in the show, I bet a lot of people didn't even show due to the shady weather though. Entry fee's are way too much!! The driving....um pretty focking bad from what I saw. I'd say at least half of people there were either just dumping the clutch, couldn't shift for their lives, or just plain couldn't match thier cars potential. Overall a pretty good time. I love watching the pro50 cars!

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
chuckstang said:

anyone who runs a low 13 in an 03 Cobra just needs more seat time....my very first pass in my stock 03 I went 12.50 @ 112mph. I had an 01 Cobra prior to the 03 so I kinda had a feel for the car allready...the IRS in the 03 was deff an improvment over the 01. I know a lot of people whine about it, but it hooks better IMO.

Dave

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
yes..i had a boring time at FFW. i was NOT impressed with any of the street stang or true street classes...mostly 12 and 13 sec cars. the #1 guy was like a 10.8..didnt see number 2 and number 3 was 11.6 for qualifying. i was standing at the traps and saw the redfire vert 03 go by and pull a [email protected] like...wtf? the guy next to me is like yea thats my buddy. he cant seem to get it to go, he only went 13.8@108 at lebanon. i wa slike dood...an ok driver can go low 13s...he needs to practice shifting...LOL

and the vendors SUCKED...i think some things were more there then direct...gay

Users who are viewing this thread